+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: FAO Daglar: PvP + PvE in 3.0

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default FAO Daglar: PvP + PvE in 3.0

    From what i read here: http://riftgrate.com/2014/09/17/live...eptember-2014/

    It seems that the PVE raiders now have to actively grind pvp, more so then today with the conquest power.

    I would just like to say that i am not playing Rift to PvP. I however max everything i can to PvE, so now you are forcing me to PvP. I might not continue Rift then if this is the case, after playing actively since the start and keeping a raiding guild alive for nearly 4 years now! Our guild forums has concerns and warnings such as "If i have to PvP to raid i quit this game". Our policy has always been to max what you can outside of raids so of course they are concerned!

    Another reason you should not implement this; Is that you reduce the content in the game. People have less stuff to do. No grinding for gear anymore will cut the content down.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default

    And put it this way..

    PvE guy says: Holy **** i dont want to spend my free time on doing PvP stuff, im gonna fall behind now OR suffer through pvp!
    PvP guy says: What! I cant get an edge on the PvErs anymore? Further more, i have to RAID in pve to get the best gear, while before i could focus on PvP to get the best gear suited for pvp!!
    Guy playing Pvp and PvE says; Crap this is boring, theres no PvP gear set to grind next to my PvE set?

    I just watched your stream, Daglar.. I see your point of view. But i seriously think the majority in the game will be sad about this, please reconsider.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    If your forced to PvP to gear up faster to raid, that's your guild's problem. Not the game.

    Do you also force your players to drop $$$ on Patron, Notoriety, and Token vials?

    Because that's exactly the same thing that is happening here. A way to earn things faster if you want.
    Last edited by Repster; 09-17-2014 at 11:02 PM.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default

    We dont force people to buy patron, but currently i do not think we have a single raider who is not a patron.. simply likeminded we are.

    Daglar is about to ruin my game, this is so sad

  5. #5
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    If your forced to PvP to gear up faster to raid, that's your guild's problem. Not the game.
    Currently, if I want to maximise the amount of Fragments of the Ward I can earn every week then I need to do Tier 3 raids, Tier 2 raid end bosses and 10 random SLEs. No amount of warfronts or conquest will get me more of that currency.

    However, it sounds like in 3.0, once I've done as much PvE content as I possibly can each week, there will still remain the possibility to earn the same currency type as I would get in PvE by doing warfronts and conquest. Therefore, if I want to earn as much currency as possible, to get more raid gear sooner, I will need to do PvP content.

    Now, for me personally, having five characters, three of whom are myrmidons, the other two in mid 80 ranks, doing PvP to actively supplement my raiding activity is not a problem. However, I have a number of raiding guild mates who absolutely hate PvP. Their concern is valid, i.e. even if we kill the same number of bosses each week, I'll earn gear quicker than them because I'll do PvP content and they won't.

  6. #6
    Champion Karny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    516

    Default

    CQ power's gone, but in its place is "lol grind out pvp for moar gear"

    Seastone kids are going to get PvE gear just because they PvP

    Are we going back to the days of Qaijiri dailies giving 45 rep? Maybe Torvan taking a stupid amount of time to grind out? Maybe another BiS CQ trinket that takes weeks upon weeks to farm?

    I understand Trion's publishing a Korean-based MMO, (Archeage) but you shouldn't be taking tips from it. Good god. Great decisions, guys. Astounding.
    Last edited by Karny; 09-18-2014 at 01:36 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Currently, if I want to maximise the amount of Fragments of the Ward I can earn every week then I need to do Tier 3 raids, Tier 2 raid end bosses and 10 random SLEs. No amount of warfronts or conquest will get me more of that currency.

    However, it sounds like in 3.0, once I've done as much PvE content as I possibly can each week, there will still remain the possibility to earn the same currency type as I would get in PvE by doing warfronts and conquest. Therefore, if I want to earn as much currency as possible, to get more raid gear sooner, I will need to do PvP content.

    Now, for me personally, having five characters, three of whom are myrmidons, the other two in mid 80 ranks, doing PvP to actively supplement my raiding activity is not a problem. However, I have a number of raiding guild mates who absolutely hate PvP. Their concern is valid, i.e. even if we kill the same number of bosses each week, I'll earn gear quicker than them because I'll do PvP content and they won't.
    And what happens when we start raiding? The people who plays Rift to PvP will be smashed by PVE people who raids and thus has better gear then they do? Because:

    1. The bolstering (roof or whatever its called) Cant be so small you do not benefit from having any gear above expert level, surely? That would piss of raiders.
    2. PvPers would have to raid to get better gear for their PvP? Angry PvPers!
    3. PvPers who does not wish to raid will get hammered by PVE players who do their daily warfront only to grab their tokens: Angry PvPers!
    4. PvErs who hates to PvP will go into warfronts for tokens: Angry PVErs!
    5. Both PvE and PvP people will "grind" their tokens by doing content they do not want to do
    6. No token cap means point nr. 5 is definately happening for most of us.

    Not to mention its less stuff to get in the game. Ive seen over the years raiders who are out of stuff to do in the game, that then turns their focus on PvP. Theres ranks to earn, unlock pvp gear, PvP tokens to gain.. Oh perhaps get a proper PvP sigil? Now you remove all of this.

    Likewise, I have had a couple of PvP guys in my guild who only pvpd. Later on when they got decked out in PvP, they started sniffing around PvE.

    I understand your intention of "easy access" to pvp from pve and vica versa, but really your killing content, and pissing players off here. It's a really REALLY bad idea. You guys (Trion) are already struggeling with giving us enough content, and with this solution you are giving yourselves grief AND more work to do. If you want to keep your playerbase that is.

    As it looks now, I have to recruit a bunch of new players for my raid team because people are REALLY angry about this. They wont play 3.0.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    74

    Default

    I'm going to stay in 3.0, but i honestly disagree with the enforcing of PVP content for PVE players.

    Again, like Conquest, I'm forced to take part in something I normaly don't like. So far I've been able to avoid and do my "chore"(yes, this is a chore for me, conquest isn't fun) most of it, but now, how can I if I want to stay on top of my class?

    I wish you would reconsiderate and at least split the rewards so I can earn everything I could with pvp, also without pvp.

  9. #9
    Rift Master Sezex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karny View Post
    Seastone kids are going to get PvE gear just because they PvP
    And "insert pve dragon killing manchild fest server name here" will get pvp gear just because they pve... shocking!

  10. #10
    Champion Karny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    And "insert pve dragon killing manchild fest server name here" will get pvp gear just because they pve... shocking!
    Except the vast majority of "dragon killing manchildren" don't care about PvP. We maintained CQ power because it was necessary to be competitive. Some PvE-centric players care about PvP, sure, but most of us simply do not, therefore, it's irrelevant that we obtain PvP gear by PvEing.

    It's also two very separate issues. The bolster is there for a reason in PvP, and anyone with a mind knows that PvP is a zergfest either way, unless you're playing with a premade.

    PvE is far more reliant on your group considering that there are mechanics that give you a straight-up failure state. PvP does not have raid-wiping abilities or DPS\HPS checks in the way that PvE does.
    Last edited by Karny; 09-18-2014 at 01:55 AM.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I thought i heard daglar saying that the only point of getting prestige ranks will be titles and other little stuff, that means there wont be pvp specific armor in this game anymore? did i read that right i'am i hallucinating?

    I would say that means a nerf on the top tier difficulty of raids... if you notice the current situation see how many of the population have killed end bosses t3, how many of them have t3 weapons? maybe they will bring back the hardmode (on t1) system who knows ^^ we will prob soon else that means :

    Some people that love pvp and are on social guilds will have to go to hardcore guilds to progress on their favorite part of the game or they will have no hope against top pvers raiding (ofc even now you just had to make pvp freaking pay to win with those depleted pvp chest that scrubs can buy with credits or use vials to get more marks good job on that ).

    I'am all into removing valor/vengeance from gear but you should give us pvp specific synergy crystals and sets that work with them only...


    Eilharrt r90 warrior.
    Last edited by Paras; 09-18-2014 at 02:05 AM.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Orgone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    178

    Default Srsly?

    That is the reason to quit the game? trolol

    1st : U get same rewards from doin rifts, raids, dungeons, open world content AND pvp... A currency

    I think u wont fall behind that far if u skip the pvp part.. got it?

    2nd : Why u guys dont open up ur minds and watch the livestream again? Its stated that BIS RAIDING GEAR get bolstered DOWN in PVP ONLY.....

    BIS raiding gear gets bolstered down to the best gear a pure pvp er could have...the shop gear upgraded that is I think

    3 : But if u want to leave anyway u will find other reasons I m sure...I like how ppl are scared of change
    Last edited by Orgone; 09-18-2014 at 02:12 AM.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orgone View Post
    That is the reason to quit the game? trolol


    BIS raiding gear gets bolstered down to the best gear a pure pvp er could have...the shop gear upgraded that is I think
    What i understood is that there wont be pvp gear anymore per se,but just gear on equipment tab at shop (they removed pvp tab at shop already on pts maybe they will bring it up)and you will get some tokens to buy normal gear that works on both pve/pvp.

    But pve'rs will have an edge caus of access to more tokens (more boss kills+pvp) if they will pvp.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Bonzodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Incidentally, the currency is just going to be Void Stones, and Abyssal Conquerors Marks. Nothing else.
    Zaviel - Tylia - Planar Legion

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Orgone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    178

    Default Exactly

    Thats what I meant

    same currency from Rifts, dungeons, raids, open world, pvp, events etc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts