+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: FAO Daglar: PvP + PvE in 3.0

Daglar,

Some clarity would be appreciated, as always. Soon, before the world ends (tm)

Everybody else,

I am in the same guild as some of the posters here, and love it, and have greatly enjoyed my time in it so far. I don't see this as a gamebreaker though. People will now get better gear - the same gear - for time played. It's no longer a choice between the two arenas. Focus PvP if you want, I will now maybe stand a chance against you when I pop into a warfront (who am I kidding, I'm toast in PvP, its like wolves seeing the lame sheep in the snow).

The fact remains that as the game stands presently, if you are unable to dedicate huge tracts of time to keeping up with others - you do have to sacrifice one over the other. At least now, on a personal level, I will be able to say, "Well, I'm in the mood for a warfront, and this will assist me with progress" rather than cramming myself through SLE for marks as a priority, and then if there is time left over, going in for some PvP.

For the PvPers, this will mean that those of you who really enjoy farming your fellow man, you will now crack on as planned, and have your titles to show off, and anyone who cries at you that you have whooped them eight ways from Sunday because of gear, you can now pop shades and reply, "Skill, baby. Can't buy it, can't farm it. Go on, touch me."

For PvErs, say someone has never stepped into a raid before, but has managed by the powers of the Archfiend Daglar to acquire sufficient hit to do so if the mood should move them in that direction. They still do not know tactics, they still won't get in to pugs because they will not have the cheevs - come on, have we looked at 60 chat on EU recently? Show me proof not only that you killed this guy, but you got perfect kills, and, and, and, you did it blindfold with your cat on your head. Gimme a break. If they have a real interest in raids, then they will raid.

Its a game, the one thing I am seeing missing from most responses to this is why we play - for enjoyment. I spent the best part of 3 years on one server, which got shut down, and immediately took away a developed community that I was a part of (however many fireworks we had), and I'm still here - because I enjoy the game. I play for fun, whichever form it comes in. The expansion looks like it will be good, overall.
    Nyathera, Kithra, Hekili, Nyalist @ Typhiria

Plane Touched

Yep we play the game to enjoy ourselves. I enjoy myself raiding and maxing what i can. I hate pvp.

Sure i could just skip pvp. But missing all those tokens? Ha not a chance.

Shadowlander

There's probably going to be a cap on the amount of marks/tokens you can earn per week anyway (at least I hope there will be), so players who pve and pvp extensively won't be too far ahead of the pack.

Plane Touched

I think he said there wont be any cap.

Shadowlander

Oops might be a bad move then. We'll see.

Ral
    Rift Master

So it all boils down to the fact that those who play the most get the most and those that play the least get the least.

A person doing world events 50 hours a week will be better geared then a raider doing 10 hours of raiding a week.

Currently, you could do 168 hours a week of world events and still never have T3 gear. But I am sure plenty of the top guilds are smashing all the content in 10 hours and have nearly full T3 geared players, no other participation technically required.

As I see it the new system is basically: time played = reward earned

All of the best raiders, pvp'rs, event chasers, artifact hunters, crafters, harvesters, dungeoneers and dimensioneers have all done all aspects of the game and most of those will not be affected by this system at all, since they already do everything, except they will be rewarded much faster for playing more.

It is the players who focus on a single aspect of the game and play only as far as it allows that will suffer.

Please Dont Implement this changes

The main Problem you guys got too many complains about CQ is you guys forced your PvE Players to PvP for the CQ perks cause that stat is too much to give up..

Now you guys are creating the same mistakes again

Forcing your PvE players to PvP for that extra currency....

Quote Originally Posted by Orgone View Post
    Thats what I meant

same currency from Rifts, dungeons, raids, open world, pvp, events etc
    Wait, what? Same currency from raids and wf's? I hope that is a joke.
    If not, time to quit I guess.
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

Plane Touched

To force people do pvp in this game feels like a desperate idea to repopulate that part of the game.

And to punish me as a raider to have to do pvp in order to stay on the edge feels strange i already have to little time over at the end of the day.

im not saying this game should go full casual but as i see it the compromise i see it would still be to have pvp gear and pve gear but have a common currency at tier 1 and have a tier 2 currency that is unique for pve and pvp.

tier 1 would be empyrean slayers mark for example and then have frozen eclipse marks and myrmidons marks that are separate.

But yes if you want to burn out your remaining end gamer players this is a good move ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mimy View Post
    And what happens when we start raiding? The people who plays Rift to PvP will be smashed by PVE people who raids and thus has better gear then they do? Because:

1. The bolstering (roof or whatever its called) Cant be so small you do not benefit from having any gear above expert level, surely? That would piss of raiders.
    2. PvPers would have to raid to get better gear for their PvP? Angry PvPers!
    3. PvPers who does not wish to raid will get hammered by PVE players who do their daily warfront only to grab their tokens: Angry PvPers!
    4. PvErs who hates to PvP will go into warfronts for tokens: Angry PVErs!
    5. Both PvE and PvP people will "grind" their tokens by doing content they do not want to do
    6. No token cap means point nr. 5 is definately happening for most of us.

Not to mention its less stuff to get in the game. Ive seen over the years raiders who are out of stuff to do in the game, that then turns their focus on PvP. Theres ranks to earn, unlock pvp gear, PvP tokens to gain.. Oh perhaps get a proper PvP sigil? Now you remove all of this.

Likewise, I have had a couple of PvP guys in my guild who only pvpd. Later on when they got decked out in PvP, they started sniffing around PvE.

I understand your intention of "easy access" to pvp from pve and vica versa, but really your killing content, and pissing players off here. It's a really REALLY bad idea. You guys (Trion) are already struggeling with giving us enough content, and with this solution you are giving yourselves grief AND more work to do. If you want to keep your playerbase that is.

As it looks now, I have to recruit a bunch of new players for my raid team because people are REALLY angry about this. They wont play 3.0.
    This is one thing I am not concernd about. Skill always wins over gear and even more so in Pvp than pve. Given that the difference is relatively small. I will enjoy the challenge and seeing more new faces in WFs

Quote Originally Posted by Eione View Post
    Wait, what? Same currency from raids and wf's? I hope that is a joke.
    If not, time to quit I guess.
    Yes, one of the big things coming with 3.0 is the fact that there will be just 2 currencies seen in it. Void Stones, which can be earnt in *every* aspect of the game, and will be the main Gear currency, and Abyssal Conquerors Marks, the purpose of which I havent quite determined. Unless ACM's are awarded from WF's as well.
    Zaviel - Tylia - Planar Legion

Default TY

But I think if one leaves, two will join, so....

But to clear things up again....

I watched the livestream, Dag said u either could do open world, rifts, pve, pvp etc u still get same currency for same gear.

I think thats means u get new currency NOT only from SLE and daily random warfront charges but from other sources as well!!!

SO why cry now that u will fall behind the gap not pvp ing? Go do some rifts with ur guild and get same reward

Correct me if this is wrong, this is how I understood Dag...
    Last edited by Orgone; 09-18-2014 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgone View Post
    But I think if one leaves, two will join, so....

But to clear things up again....

I watched the livestream, Dag said u either could do open world, rifts, pve, pvp etc u still get same currency for same gear.

I think thats means u get new currency NOT only from SLE and daily random warfront charges but from other sources as well!!!

SO why cry now that u will find dbehind the gap not pvp ing? Go do some rifts with ur guild and get same reward

Correct me if this is wrong, this is how I understood Dag...
    Again, this is entirely correct. I am an openworlder, and do a bit of light pvp to provide comic relief.

In the openworld, Carnage Quests award Void stones, but so Raid Rifts, and Nightmare Rifts (which are an entirely new experience in themselves. Rifts that only close once everyone is dead, and just get Harder and Harder, with almost infinite levels.), and I suspect some normal rifts will as well. Also Zone Events will award Void Stones. Both Warfronts and Dungeons will award Void Stones. Also, Raiding awards Void Stones.

However, If I understand things correctly, Warfronts, Dungeons and Raids will also award Abyssal Conquerors Marks. In addition to which, the daily charge will award Equipment chests, and then theres lockboxes.
    Zaviel - Tylia - Planar Legion

ITT people who don't know what the word forced means

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Akamhara View Post
    The fact remains that as the game stands presently, if you are unable to dedicate huge tracts of time to keeping up with others - you do have to sacrifice one over the other. At least now, on a personal level, I will be able to say, "Well, I'm in the mood for a warfront, and this will assist me with progress" rather than cramming myself through SLE for marks as a priority, and then if there is time left over, going in for some PvP.
    Yep, I like this gear system as well.

I'm a casual player, I like to be able to switch between activities easily. I'm more of a PVE player, I raided in other games, but I'm just not able to commit to a raid schedule at this point. I might be able to play a few hours one day, half an hour the next day. When I log in, I want to use that time well. If I see raid PUGs, I'll join. But if not, I want to still be able to feel progression that day. PVP, dailies, small instance runs, the more options the better.

I can see how a hardcore PVE guild would be unhappy. I think the best solution would be to simply have reasonable daily limits for currency. A couple hours of PVP/PVE a day, and your daily currency limit is maxed out. You choose which activity you do, but you won't go over the limit either way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast