+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Top End Gear from Raids will be BOLSTERED DOWN in 3.0 Warfronts

Shadowlander

Again, this stems from a staunch belief that PvP gear should come from PvP The two realms have been separate, and changing that this late in the game negates and trivializes the past efforts of all long-term players.

YES, gear turnover is inevitable every time a level cap raises. -Except we've been told for months that it wasn't going to be as harsh this time around, that we could expect the higher tiered 60 gears to last into 65. Not once was it even hinted that one set we've been feverishly and unnecessarily working toward for months would evaporate overnight. Expansion gear changeouts typically happen at your own pace, not forced and immediate.

My issue is just with the massive amount of time and effort I wasted on something, only to find it was completely unnecessary. -You try grinding and gearing two myrmidons, only to have them converted into raid gear inferior to what you already owned in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Fryday View Post
    All the doom-saying is hilarious.
    I don't even know what to say anymore. I don't think I've ever seen such high concentrations of wrongness.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxxx View Post
    Again, this stems from a staunch belief that PvP gear should come from PvP
    PvP gear has been coming from credit-purchasable lockboxes for months, and the PvP community hailed it as a great thing. Trion got the message: "we don't want to PvP for PvP gear, we want shortcuts!"

Remember: it's not PvE to win, it's PvE to not wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I don't even know what to say anymore. I don't think I've ever seen such high concentrations of wrongness.
    It's ok though. Since it's a F2P game, there will be fresh faces to replace the old. Every time I come back I see less and less of the players I had rivalries with in the past. Or maybe it's all the name changes... cough *Dakota*

Default that's on point

PvP gear has been coming from credit-purchasable lockboxes for months, and the PvP community hailed it as a great thing. Trion got the message: "we don't want to PvP for PvP gear, we want shortcuts!"

That is on point....

If you timed your weekly/random turn-ins with a trans token vial, patron and those stacking pvp mark things the cost of pvp crates were trivialized and you could get about 20 a week.

Too bad stackable randoms are gone in 3.0 tho.

if you are not a patron and don't acquire boosts, you'll be waiting even if you PvE ;)
    the loot stacking that was previously used to maximize crates is gone in 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    watch the stream, it was confirmed by daglar and ocho. also they lold at skill>gear
    I did watch it, and at no point in time do they say anything even remotely close to "pve gear will be better than pvp gear in pvp"....

A lot of the whining about these changes is saturated in ignorance. Some of you are like children plugging your ears and yelling "LALALALA," just so later you can claim bullshart on the forums repeatedly.

I was just telling a friend; I used to love this game so much...
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    I did watch it, and at no point in time do they say anything even remotely close to "pve gear will be better than pvp gear in pvp"....

A lot of the whining about these changes is saturated in ignorance. Some of you are like children plugging your ears and yelling "LALALALA," just so later you can claim bullshart on the forums repeatedly.
    You need to watch it again then, dags example was a sword and he specifically stated essances obtainable only by raiding and doing PvE for current essances...
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 09-19-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxxx View Post

Gone.

This change paves the ez-mode road for new players, at the expense of the old. The ones who have paid their dues in so many ways....now have what to show for it? A meaningless rank title and a handfull of dreaming stars?
    "Experienced players" should find this change appealing because if it's easy-mode for newbs how "easy-mode" will it be for the veterans ? Yet still more complaints. News flash, Trion has spoken and sees fit to establish the game as the producers of the game envisioned it to be, and not give in to people who participate in 30% of the games activities, who cry the loudest since what ? launch ? Whats done is done, move along if youre not happy. Let the rest of us enjoy the game and it's new changes. Adapt or quit, the choices are simple.

Trion wasn't even aware of their own matchmaking algorithms; I wonder what f*** ups await their audience in the launch of the nightmare.

Hoping for an OFFICIAL post this week about PvP. Hopefully they won't answer vaguely and have the courtesy of being honest as to their motives regarding PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fryday View Post
    It's ok though. Since it's a F2P game, there will be fresh faces to replace the old. Every time I come back I see less and less of the players I had rivalries with in the past. Or maybe it's all the name changes... cough *Dakota*
    Even if you factor in my aliases, I would only have made up for like 5 extra players in the game. What can I say, I come from Q3, aliasing was an art back then.

Think I have played as (over the 3 years)

Juliadream
    Worstplayerever
    Purplepixiestick
    Desiree
    Nightmarish
    Trixycane (cleric)

Oh, I played as Autumnz for a bit until I realized there literally was another rogue named that and people kept confusing me and saying "hey, nice to see you back!". That got old, changed my name. That's what I get for naming my toon after an old ginger crush.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-21-2014 at 04:49 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

If everything for progression is going to become fluff for pvpers, then I would recommend that they at least get sophisticated leader boards put in place, with an elo rank attached so people can feel a competitive incentive since the gear gap issue has now been bridged.

As much as I would recommend a new weekly quest for players to at least participate in at least 3 ranked matches (win or loss) for tokens, I doubt this will happen as previously mentioned.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    A lot of people who think they understand that don't understand it as well. They won't be bolstered down to EQUAL levels. They will be bolstered down to the level in which is deemed appropriate. The Min and Max will always be different outside of some special events. The best gear will always be better. The orbs on the best gear will always be better and the procs will become active as new tiers of progression is introduced. There will be a noticeable stat difference most likely and when procs are active it will get even worse. The bolstering system won't be able to fix a 500 AP deficit gained through a proc for example or an absorb proc that shields you from intermittent burst every min for example.
    Are you a developer ? You seem to have alot of information at hand.

didn't read all of the changes but i'd like to confirm the following :

- BIS gear (raiding) will be bolstered down in instanced pvp to an item that you will also be able to get through regular currency grinding
    - BIS essence, trinket, runes are not bolstered down and will only be available through PvE or raiding.
    - the stat difference between the PvE essences, trinkets, runes and the ones obtainable through currency grinding is currently unknown.
    - There is no real incentive to do pvp aside from fluff ranks and titles
    - a player doing both pve and pvp will gear up faster than a player engaging in pvp or pve only unless he purchases rng lockboxes or purchases boosts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast