+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree353Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Informal PvP Stream Summary

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Informal PvP Stream Summary

Hey folks,

I wanted to go ahead and give an informal summary of the PvP stream today, to help clear up some confusion. A fuller write up will follow:

Gear is being unified. You'll earn tokens through activities in game (like PvP) to purchase gear off the token store. This gear is the same gear that is obtained in PvE. There is still gear progression, however you no longer have to have separate sets of gear: all gear works. Current PvP gear will have it's stats modified to replace the former PvP only stats. Please check out the PTS server for examples.

Valor and Vengance will no longer exist in 3.0, however global modifiers will exist to make sure that players are doing appropriate amounts of damage and healing in PvP activity.

Bolstering will continue to be in effect, only now it will have top and bottom components. If you gear does not meet the minimum quality standard, it will be bolstered up. Any runes and such that is on your gear will impact the gear post bolstering. There is also a max level of gear that is in effect in PvP, so for example the Raid Sword of Badliness will bolster down to be appropriate to the PvP environment. Future PvP "Seasons" will change relative bolstering levels.

Ranks will still exist in PvP, but will not have an impact on gear that you can equip. Ranks will be more cosmetic, and give you an idea of the relative experience of a given player.

CQ will continue in 3.0, however it will be disabled at launch until enough players reach level 65 (similar to the launch of Storm Legion). Conquest Power will no longer exist.

There is a new warfront in progress at the moment. We hope to have it ready for launch, but if not it will be released soon afterwards.

Thanks,
    -Ocho-

Edit: Riftgrate has a more complete summary: http://riftgrate.com/2014/09/17/live...eptember-2014/
    Last edited by Ocho; 09-17-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Telaran

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/569595611

There's a link to the stream in case people want to watch it.

I like the idea of gear working for both PvE and PvP again. News of a new warfront is also great.

Conquest power no longer going to exist?

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE OLD DEVS?

1 question - will everyone be in same gear in warfronts or there will be a gear difference between min bolstered gear and max allowed in wf pve gear? Cause if I have to kill a single dragon to compete in pvpi'm out of here >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    1 question - will everyone be in same gear in warfronts or there will be a gear difference between min bolstered gear and max allowed in wf pve gear? Cause if I have to kill a single dragon to compete in pvpi'm out of here >.<
    Cod pieces and cucumbers will rule the new PvP system.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

There isn't PVE gear. It's just gear. If you've earned enough marks in PvP you can purchase appropriate gear that will make you competitive.

Edit: I shouldn't have said make you competitive. Fully equip you or something like that. Ultimately skill is still the largest factor, and no amount of gear can overcome that.
    Last edited by Ocho; 09-17-2014 at 02:11 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

As an addendum we are considering occasional events where everyone in a warfront is bolstered to the same gear level (either up or down). More news as things develop.

Here's a for reals question that hasn't been touched on:

If hit is normalized across gear (relative to PvE/PvP in the same tier), how will avoidance stats scale in PvP? Back when using PvE weapons in warfronts was a thing, their abundance of hit rendered those stats (and the related soul features) somewhat irrelevant.
    Last edited by bitnine; 09-17-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    As an addendum we are considering occasional events where everyone in a warfront is bolstered to the same gear level (either up or down). More news as things develop.
    how bout "considering" that this whole change is a massive ****up and a slap in the face to your already dwindling pvp community? Not only will I NOT be pushed into ArchAge, I'm pretty sure Trion will never see another dime from me, period.
    Last edited by digital shaman; 09-17-2014 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    There isn't PVE gear. It's just gear. If you've earned enough marks in PvP you can purchase appropriate gear that will make you competitive.

Edit: I shouldn't have said make you competitive. Fully equip you or something like that. Ultimately skill is still the largest factor, and no amount of gear can overcome that.
    Ok then, that's good, thank u. Now we have to figure out does PvE lets u get that gear faster then PvP. And what about raid drops... can u buy em with that currency too or the gear u can buy will have stats of raid gear?

Cause I'm a patron and spend money and stuff on fluff, but there is no way in hell i will raid, i only kill other humans.
    Last edited by Sezex; 09-17-2014 at 02:16 PM.

all pvp and pve gear is becoming the same "gear type".BIS gear will come from end game raids,so if you do not raid or raid end game your **** out of luck.if you only pvp you can get gear from vendors but you will not get bis gear that only drops from raid bosses.

this means that end game raiders will have BIS gear for both pve and pvp/wpvp.have fun being a pvper in daily areas getting hammered on by pvers will bis gear.same crap happened in wow,pve gear became bis for pvp/wpvp,same will happen in rift.only difference is that wow learn from there mistake and is fixing it in the next x-pac.
    Last edited by butkus; 09-17-2014 at 02:16 PM.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

So I want to recap with a question here, because the recorded livestream isn't functioning for me pretty much at all (not sure why, I'm on a freaking T1 here):

The currencies are going to be the same
    Conquests no longer give conquest power
    Pvp rewards surpassed by pve loot, which will automatically become the best earnable pve loot.
    Rank does nothing

With all this in mind, what point is there to pvp? There seems to be none other than to earn more of the currency, and given a few hours it's probably easier to just rush through random experts, or slay dragon X in a few hours instead of grinding out gear for a month.
    Last edited by Tacotown; 09-17-2014 at 02:19 PM.

annnnnnd if they take that gear into PvP it will be normalized or bolstered down.

Can we wait 5 minutes before "sky is falling" posts?

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    all pvp and pve gear is becoming the same "gear type".BIS gear will come from end game raids,so if you do not raid or raid end game your **** out of luck.if you only pvp you can get gear from vendors but you will not get bis gear that only drops from raid bosses.

this means that end game raiders will have BIS gear for both pve and pvp/wpvp.have fun being a pvper in daily areas getting hammered on by pvers will bis gear.same crap happened in wow,pve gear became bis for pvp/wpvp,same will happen in rift.only difference is that wow learn from there mistake and is fixing it in the next x-pac.
    This is why there is a top down bolstering, to prevent gear from overpowering skill. That being said, skill is still the determining factor. If someone walks in to PvP with BiS everything but no experience, they are still gonna lose more than they win.

Plane Walker

Default Only reason to PvP will be the weekly/daily quests?

So will there be any reason to PvP outside of the weekly/Daily quests?

Currently there certainly is due to Prestige and then at 90 the copious amounts of favor needed for Relic level gear.

I'm intrigued by the change, but by your own admission, the best weapons will still come from PvE, but then shouldn't something best come from PvP for those that prefer PvP?

I'd almost think that since you are making the price of admission for PvP available to PvE'ers that maybe Conquest Power makes sense again, even if it maybe only worked in WF's and CQ's.

I'm just not sure what I think about this. It really seems like those who only like to PvP will be at a big disadvantage. Whereas PvE'ers will still have raiding as an alternate means of advancing. Does some same mechanism exist on the PvP side?

It almost seems that on top of the daily/weekly quests, there needs to be some other means of improving stats that are just PvP.

Anyway, I'm doing lots of PvE now, so I see this as a net benefit for me, But several months ago, this would have been very bad for me.

Also, will the bolstering down of PvP gear also work in Open World PvP?
    Last edited by Rhumble; 09-17-2014 at 02:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast