+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Twitch Rift PvP & Masteries Live Stream

Default Twitch Rift PvP & Masteries Live Stream

Trion Livestream Schedule RIFT- Wednesday at 1:30 PM Pacific

Join Ocho and the team to explore PvP and Masteries in RIFT!

I won't be able to attend due to work and I imagine the same holds true for many others so use this thread as an opportunity to voice any questions, comments and concerns that you would like addressed.

There have been questions in multiple threads so hopefully we can consolidate them here to make it easier on Ocho so he doesn't have to browse multiple threads. Try to stay on topic because the more concise we keep this the more time they will have to answer questions and not skim through rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramboned View Post
    1. Why are there no PvP items in the 3.0 CE's? I know I would buy one if there were PvP items inclosed...
    2. Does he understand that a LOT of players are PvP only and HATE PvE.
    3. Why no new PvP content (i.e. Warfronts, CQ, Etc..) in the new Expansion Pack?
    4. I do not play a Cleric for the same reason's those with Clerics hate playing their's: Rogues are out-healing and out-damaging them (and no mana depletion to deal with) and more hit points... Maybe they need to show the cleric some love to get more to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    1) How will PvP'ers progress (obtain gear) in Nightmare Tides?
    2) Will Raiders (or raid gear) have an advantage in PvP?
    3) Will PvP'ers be able to participate in PvE (raid or open world content) without feeling gimped?
    If the answer to #2 is NO, and #3 is YES, then I personally support change.

Quote Originally Posted by JudeFromKale View Post
    Explain ELO. (not just expand the acronym, give us a breakdown of how it actually works)

Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    Question for the livestream:
    Are there any changes coming to the DR system, or will it remain as is?

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Is RNG gear staying?
    Will CQ remain the primary way to gain PVP gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Fusscle View Post
    1. As a PVP only player, will I be able to gain BiS gear from PVP?
    2. Will there be new content for PVP or are PVPers simply being redirected to PVE content grind?
    3. Are there any plans to build more interesting countering systems such as Dom soul vs healers? To be clear, I don't mean for this question to be only about counters to healing, but also as counters to other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    RNG in PvP, is this here to stay for BiS gear?

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    Is there going to be new Player vs. Player content that is not associated with warfronts or conquest?
    Last edited by Baramos; 09-17-2014 at 06:21 AM.

People so worried and concerned about silly things. I wish we better list of questions to ask for such an occasion.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    People so worried and concerned about silly things. I wish we better list of questions to ask for such an occasion.
    Instead of commenting about what you think is silly feel free to ask what you do want addressed. The one time you don't write a 5 paragraph post is the one time it could possibly benefit us all

I'd be asking whether Trion will stop making derp changes to souls, which are currently mainly based on raiding in 3.0. Nonetheless, it may be good to ask whether it is possible to make a clear distinction for pvp and pve for each soul. ie. for at least some select souls, a specific differentiable variant of each soul, with the tool tips supplemented. Consequently, everyone would then know all changes to pvp to souls (if any) ie. a new player would most likely know there are defiler nerfed links in pvp.

It may also be a curious choice to ask whether the current CC DR system will be modified. Some people previously mentioned CC is still one of the biggest issues in pvp. ie. people seem to want diminishing returns for CC.

That being said, there are also a lot of problems with specific souls, I don't really want to ask for any specific changes because Trion seem to screw up every single change. Currently there is only fotm in rift. Personally I believe each impending change to a soul (past/present) makes me want to hit my head against the wall, each buff seemed to be game breaking, where in contrast,each nerf were not followed up with appropriate buffers for the specific change. I wouldn't think that making changes in the right direction, with a bit of effort would be so hard for the devs.

Atm the disparity is clear, all I am seeing is minimal effort being inputted so far. For instance, I dare a dev who is fairly confident in their pvp skills to play pvp in there spare time as a warrior atm (for instance) also to be unbias it may be under your discretion that you should also play other classes. After all, to fully understand the players view in forums you must also play for a significant time to have a good understanding to each side of the argument

I bet the current people in charge, namely Vladd and Kervick, most likely don't even play the class they are in charge in pvp, outside of testing on dummies in their free time. I believe if they really wanted to make the game an enjoyable experience for the majority, then the recent changes/upcoming proposed changes in relation to pvp wouldn't have occurred in such a manner.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

An actual question.

As of now, the "warlords" consumables (the best ones) are only obtainable through the RNG-lottery that is the depleted chests. Will they become available through "normal" purchase akin to the current "mercenary" ones? If not, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Trion Livestream Schedule RIFT- Wednesday at 1:30 PM Pacific

Join Ocho and the team to explore PvP and Masteries in RIFT!

I won't be able to attend due to work and I imagine the same holds true for many others so use this thread as an opportunity to voice any questions, comments and concerns that you would like addressed.

There have been questions in multiple threads so hopefully we can consolidate them here to make it easier on Ocho so he doesn't have to browse multiple threads. Try to stay on topic because the more concise we keep this the more time they will have to answer questions and not skim through rubbish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulia View Post
    1.) Will Premade queues be seperated again if PvE gear = PvP gear statwise? Otherwise I fear that the casual player will get farmed 24/7 as farming randoms is so much easier than raid progressing.

2.) What role will conquest play in the future gearing paths, espescially if the stats are equal. Right now Conquest is the fastest way to advance in prestige and favor. Combine it with vials to boost marks and favor and progression is trivialized in the matter of who brings the better zerg.

Forgot one and cutting reponses, lets them off the hook with yes and no answers, when more explations should be part of this...

hopefully they read the orginal thread, with the full resonpses and address them or this means little.
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 09-17-2014 at 07:15 AM.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Instead of commenting about what you think is silly feel free to ask what you do want addressed. The one time you don't write a 5 paragraph post is the one time it could possibly benefit us all
    I don't know where to start with the current game state, this notion, and still those questions. Call it throwing up the white flag. People aren't concerned with logical things that will actually matter in the long run. They are worried about OMG WILL MY GEAR FROM COME LOCK BOXES??? WILL EVIL PVE'ERS BEAT ME??? Oh yeah, awesome questions. It's like finally meeting Yoda and asking him what 5 x 7 is.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-17-2014 at 07:16 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

My biggest question would be if we pve'ers are still going to be forced to cq? If I was in a guild that treated pvp like we do raids it wouldn't be so bad, but pugging pvp is mind-numbing bad.

Secondly, Warrior masteries are downright depressing. All I have seen so far is Vladd ask for suggestions. I honestly would want at least one option on each level to increase dps...or effect whatever role you are switching too (I dps only). Right now the first 3 are setup for stuff that may help Tanking or Soloing only.
    Beware the Penguin...

Plane Touched Brakkish Hammerfist's Avatar

The only thing that matters is: "Daglar, do you have actual PVP experienced devs that will be working on pvp content, or do you plan on still using the seemingly pvp-inept ones employed currently?"

This one question should answer everything we need to know, and tell us what we can expect for the future of pvp, if there even is one.

Question: Is Prestige getting changed, similar to Storm Legion's launch, or something different? Will there be more Prestige levels added, and will newer players be able to catch up to the current "relevant" tier of prestige?

The Boost to 60 potion will grant gear and possibly some crafting professions, will there be any base PvP things granted with the Boost? Such as Prestige 50 or something similar?
    "In the land of the terribles, the mediocre is king."

This is our one salient shot for 3.0; do not do the predictable thing and screw it all up.

Focus!

2) Will you be offering rewards for the ranked black garden that we currently have?

Plane Touched

I don't know where to start with the current game state, this notion, and still those questions. Call it throwing up the white flag. People aren't concerned with logical things that will actually matter in the long run. They are worried about OMG WILL MY GEAR FROM COME LOCK BOXES??? WILL EVIL PVE'ERS BEAT ME??? Oh yeah, awesome questions. It's like finally meeting Yoda and asking him what 5 x 7 is.
    Stop being so concerned with other people.

Stop derailing every thread to draw attention to yourself. At least Ave is funny.

Offer something productive or go make a thread titled "Hey everyone look at me I'm lacking real life attention so I look to grab it through pvp forums in a dead game"

Just stahp.

People aren't concerned with logical things that will actually matter in the long run. They are worried about OMG WILL MY GEAR FROM COME LOCK BOXES??? WILL EVIL PVE'ERS BEAT ME???
    I think the above two questions are valid not only in Rift, but any MMORPG with PvP & Cash Shops so I can understand why players asked them.

•If there is no longer separate "PvP" and "PvE" gear, will both the PvP & PvE progression paths that their respective groups are working towards be the same tier with the same stats or will the gear acquired from PvE be a tier higher with more stats?

•If the gear obtained from PvE is going to get reverse bolstered down to the stats from gear obtained in PvP, is that going to be just in instanced PvP found in Warfronts and CQ or will it be against PvP targets everywhere, including those found in the open world?

Ascendant

Q: Will outlets for PvP currency dumps be added? While generally hated for the BiS issues, I do enjoy that the boxes allow me to actually use my capped out marks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast