+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fernand`s curse is real

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #136
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Pithos is going to try to edit his player data to get him fixed before next week.
    the existing heuristic (which is changing next week)
    Fixed. At least until the change next week, having Fernand on your team is likely to be a blessing, not a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    Fixed. At least until the change next week, having Fernand on your team is likely to be a blessing, not a curse.
    Sweet ! Good luck fernand

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    Thanks! Knew something wasn't right, kinda nervous to log back in with regular stats lol

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    My understanding would be more like each player has a ELO, and then the team making tries to balance the total ELO of both team. Most time it would like like what you said, but in Fernand's curse case, then it might look like that: If the average ELO was like 9,000 and Fernand was 4,000,000, then the system will put Fernand + #12-20 against #2-11, since Fernand outweighs other players so much.
    its not a weight system its a one for one system based on what dag has said

You are still split based on ratings between the two teams where possible.
    Everyone, regardless of rating, will be put together. The match making simply tries to split the ratings equally between the teams.
    Notice how he speaks about teams rather than individuals. If it were has you said, then there would be no curse, and devs confirmed that Fernand was cursed indeed.
    Anyway system gets changed next week apparently ...
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Anyway system gets changed next week apparently ...
    Being someone who tops dmg most games, I am happy to see this change. Apparently it was counting top dmg as a win or something along those lines.
    Last edited by Baramos; 09-17-2014 at 03:43 PM.

I'm also very happy about it, PvP always felt like hell when I queued solo (usually topping warfront charts here too).
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

It appears I was also wrong - part of the existing heuristic (which is changing next week) was using damage to help weight things. My bad on that one. I get to make at least one mistake a year.

~Daglar
    welp

me and fernand were right all along

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Being someone who tops dmg most games, I am happy to see this change. Apparently it was counting top dmg as a win or something along those lines.
    the weird part about this is that my queues were only really bad on ecru, they didnt seem to get bad on paisley even though it's rare for me not to top damage in a warfront. not sure why this is. i've had bad queues on paisley but not the back to back to back to back losses i still seem to get on my rogue if i'm dumb enough to try to queue for a warfront, even though ecru has sat with 7 warfront dailys for weeks on end.
    Last edited by ecru; 09-17-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    welp

me and fernand were right all along

the weird part about this is that my queues were only really bad on ecru, they didnt seem to get bad on paisley even though it's rare for me not to top damage in a warfront. not sure why this is. i've had bad queues on paisley but not the back to back to back to back losses i still seem to get on my rogue if i'm dumb enough to try to queue for a warfront, even though ecru has sat with 7 warfront dailys for weeks on end.
    I don't think it counts pad damage as top damage

JK

I'm also very happy about it, PvP always felt like hell when I queued solo (usually topping warfront charts here too).
    I don't see why people think this is going to change anything you will still be in a match amongst the same people as before. taking damage out of the equation is not going to be a drastic change in team balance when out has no affect on the pool of players to start the match

It does make a difference if ELO isn't based on my damage but only on my win pourcentage. It's just fairer. Playing the objectives, topping the dps, and still losing because I'm teamed with people who are randomly clicking on their screen and probably casting spells through their spell books gets old really fast.

Then again, if the team were made based on your intuition, then this won't change a thing. However, if it is as I think it is, then having a high ELO doesn't mean that I simply get put in one team and the next highest ELO player is put on the other. It means that if I'm significantly higher on ELO than the other players, I will automatically get to carry more low ELO players, which simply isn't fun after a while.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Hey can I get an ELO reset too? I'll pay credits.

Clerics and ELO rating ...
    I think it is also related to gear, there is no other explanation, that my cleric has such a high ELO

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    Clerics and ELO rating ...
    the funny part is the reason why it was so bad for fernand is because he is a warrior. every other class switches to multiple specs including healing while warriors mostly play warlord with a ton of fluff damage making elo that much worse for match making.

Shield of Telara

That's actually kind of hilarious that he WAS cursed. Yw fern haha
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast