+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Holy crap pyros

Default Holy crap pyros

Just tried pvping after a long break and you're dead before the first stun wears off. Was Trion's solution to Physicans to make a dps class OP? Because they've succeed.

If you're a Rogue or Cleric; Break Free, Purge, Stuns, LOS and Interrupts are all your friends.

If you're a Warrior go 61 Warlord or 61 Paragon and burst them down before they burst you down.

Congrats on your victory.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Champion of Telara

Their damage and utility is a little overtuned, but the biggest issue is that melees have had easy mode against range DPS for so long they don't know how to adjust.

I rather have burning bonds get changed into a 4 second st stun, the skill is the biggest melee killer.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

actually opt in for an interupt or two in your spec and hit them with it mid fusilate they will have major trouble adjusting to your blade up there ***

As a Rogue I see no issue with the current Pyro.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I seriously made no adjustment in how I handle pyros before and after the damage buff... if you're giving them time to do damage to you, you're doing it wrong.

If you're in range of 2+ pyros with shiet for support... again, doing it wrong.

Wait a damn minute here, I just noticed something... you could replace the word pyro with any currently valid dps soul and still be correct. Like... whoa

c-c-c-c-c-ombo breaker!

Plane Touched Brakkish Hammerfist's Avatar

Pyro is good lol fun, before (if) people start noticing who's melting their faces.
    Attract too much attention without a good healer, and you'll start noticing how squishy you really are.

Seems a decent trade to me, melt face and dps like no other, at the expense of being soft as butter.
    Last edited by Brakkish Hammerfist; 09-11-2014 at 05:23 AM.

Ascendant

For being a ranged spec that is most definitely not a glass cannon turret at all it does way too much burst/sustained with great utility. Stuns, longest root in game, ports, insta casts proccing as well as on the move channeled abilities and a 50% speed boost-you cant run from one either with flicker plus super fast.

Los is your best answer-but then again that is an answer to say you hide from them as melee if you didn't gank them. Other then that you range them, but they are the best ranged in game.

They are susceptible to ganking, like ALL players are (not an answer since it applies to everyone). They can be purged by the few, few souls that you actually want to play in a wf that has a purge (inq). Not really a solution unless you are completely playing in a PM group with specific purge buffing in mind (so no doesnt apply to your average wf).

A well played pyro can keep almost all melee at bay, to include wl and paragon (someone mentioned them up above). Of course a bad player sits in one place and lets such players reach them even though they have 35 meter range + 15 meter port and 8 second roots plus stun. In group play any amount of healing benefits a team of pyros most since they are not in danger really and can sit and do the best burst/sustained with CC in game currently. People literally blow up in a second or two.

Those complaining about "melee" having it easy are really just saying "I hate warlord" since almost all other melee souls aren't 1/2 as tanky nor have the same hp a a warlord. I play as both heals and dps, wf depending. Playing dps melee is the hardest currently to play without a pockethealer and the biggest thing that kills me on healer is a pyro or any combo of anything plus pyro. My ports which are meant to get out of CC are used to get out of melee, which is contradictory since I'm a melee dps. Even then sometimes I dont get away with a port and speed boost since a 11k fulminate just hit me, prior to a 5k countdown and 6k cinderburst. not uncommon numbers save for the fulminate. 9k is more around a decent crit I've seen several times.

Its overtuned in a lot of areas, but it can die (and therefore not superior overall when you take all aspects of the game into account according to pyro players).

3.0 will continue to see ranged ruling all with wfs having 50% pyros (as I've seen) or a balancing trick as other souls gain power. I am glad it got some power, but honestly the old pyro was perfectly fine, but had a much higher learning curve. This one is the typical dumb down play and everything is easier Trion trick for souls. Physician, which I play often, still needs knocked down a notch as well as pyro since its playability is superior in most aspects to other souls.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 09-11-2014 at 05:29 AM.

What? Mages finally have viable range burst dps specc? Say it is not so! Now, if clerics could only get a viable dps burst ranged specc.....
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 09-11-2014 at 06:01 AM.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

I just find it hilarious that i melt people just as fast on my FL / no runes / no cq power / no consumables Pyro as i do on my fully Myr geared, fully runed, + consumables Warlord.
    I honestly feel about the same amount of killing power on both toons, except ones from 35M away.

I couldnt even imagine if my Mage was geared right now.
    Last edited by Raistlinxx; 09-11-2014 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinxx View Post
    I just find it hilarious that i melt people just as fast on my FL / no runes / no cq power / no consumables Pyro as i do on my fully Myr geared, fully runed, + consumables Warlord.
    I honestly feel about the same amount of killing power on both toons, except ones from 35M away.

I couldnt even imagine if my Mage was geared right now.

mages call that balanced!

soon you can knock off about 10-12k hitpoints from warlord and its hybrids all the while not gaining any dps to make up for it.see how that works.
    Last edited by butkus; 09-11-2014 at 06:11 AM.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Champion of Telara

Looks like a L2P issue to me, I wreck Pyros regularly. I recommend taking your pulls, charges, and other utility out of your macro and moving them to several keys. Going from two to ten buttons will be a bit of a culture shock at first but you will do fine.
    Last edited by Caeus; 09-11-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Rift Chaser

When on my rogue i've been running double interrupt spec and it still sometimes doesn't matter since I only have one break free. It's hit an miss, sometimes they kill me with all instants and I'm smashing my keyboard like wtf cast something mother ****er.

But when break free + cleanse soul is up, i'm not too worried :P

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Looks like a L2P issue to me, I wreck Pyros regularly. I recommend taking your pulls, charges, and other utility out of your macro and moving them to several keys. Going from two to ten buttons will be a bit of a culture shock at first but you will do fine.
    Nerf inquisitors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast