+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 148
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Holy crap pyros

  1. #76
    Plane Touched SpellwarriorX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    The apologists in this thread are amusing with their one liners of "I don't have a problem l2p" when the people with a clue go into depth and detail about the issue at hand. It's the same old story, different dance. OP class and friends defends itself with "l2p" while the community scratches their head wondering "which game have you been playing?" Obviously it's the game of "favortism" which among other things Trion ripped off from Blizzard, Trion learned that "strife through imbalance" is the key to keeping pvp players from gravitating all to one point, adjusting according when an OP class reaches critical mass. Since mages are under represented they should be able to enjoy how crazy OP they are for quite a while, where as rogues only got a smidge of time to enjoy physician while it was OP.

    EFF ALL THAT NOISE
    .
    That is not how you should run a game, and it disgusts me playing this ring around the rosie bull crap like you're a kingergarden supervisor making sure the kids take turns playing with the ball, when YOU'VE GOT THE BUDGET TO GIVE EVERYONE A BALL!!!!!

    Sure people will want that ball that's a different color... but at the moment there are still those without a ball, and those (such as pyros) with a FRICKIN MEDICINE BALL they knock people out with in one volley.

    I'm done playing with your balls PvP and Trion. Mine are big enough I can take them and go home until you learn how to balance things and play fair. I don't care how many times you press your face on the glass wishing to lick them... I don't care how empty and deserted the playpen will be without me. I'm taking my balls and going home.

    Pyros, enjoy your hot schwety balls. They won't be touching mine any longer.

    edit: I'd like to dedicate this post to Sailor Jerry. That salty bastard makes one hell of a rum.

    If you can't beat the opposition then you better join them. Otherwise the other options like you said are to quit, or join you could join a premade requiring a good composition to fully enjoy the less viable specs. Unfortunately it is the way things are atm whether you like it or not. For the sake of the argument the community seems fine with fotm, whether it may be a specific spec or class.

    So why should Trion change anything anyway? most here believe playing pvp with inbuilt aim bots from 35m away should be as good , if not better then playing from a distance of 3m away.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

  2. #77
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    If you can't beat the opposition then you better join them. Otherwise the other options like you said are to quit, or join you could join a premade requiring a good composition to fully enjoy the less viable specs. Unfortunately it is the way things are atm whether you like it or not. For the sake of the argument the community seems fine with fotm, whether it may be a specific spec or class.

    So why should Trion change anything anyway? most here believe playing pvp with inbuilt aim bots from 35m away should be as good , if not better then playing from a distance of 3m away.
    Sailor Jerry told me I could do things other humans couldn't possibly do! Well, I have to write a letter to Jerry, that dude is full of balogna!

  3. #78
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    its very funny that the class more favored in 3 years with op tempest/op warlord and op para is the only one complaining here. If you cant kill pyros in WF you really have a huge L2P issue. Pyro is as squishy as before. Anyway I don't see too many good pyros. Stop complainng and L2p your class. Every single class has their OP soul rogues--> Assasin(very Op soul for 3 years without a single nerf) and Physician I don't even know wich one is more OP, Warrior one of the most favored classes in rift and top complainers here Warlord( the only soul that can tank like a tank /DPs like top dps soul and top mitigation with good self heal) paragon another OP soul , Clerics Op healers forever and shaman is pulling very good dps if its played well and mages only have 1 good soul for pvp Pyro because chloro is a joke with 0 survavility

  4. #79
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    If you can't beat the opposition then you better join them.
    This mentality is basically what's wrong with Rift. Everyone is so used to the fotm pendulum that everyone becomes an advocate for it.

    Pyro is OP and needs nerfing, but everyone else isn't nearly as badly off as Mages were in 1.8-1.11. People might have a lot more fun if they played the game based on something other than "what's fotm?" Warlord was/is not fun to play. Physician was/is not fun to play. Pyro is not fun to play. Maybe always playing whatever is fotm is your problem.

  5. #80
    Rift Chaser dongaconda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    its very funny that the class more favored in 3 years with op tempest/op warlord and op para is the only one complaining here. If you cant kill pyros in WF you really have a huge L2P issue. Pyro is as squishy as before. Anyway I don't see too many good pyros. Stop complainng and L2p your class. Every single class has their OP soul rogues--> Assasin(very Op soul for 3 years without a single nerf) and Physician I don't even know wich one is more OP, Warrior one of the most favored classes in rift and top complainers here Warlord( the only soul that can tank like a tank /DPs like top dps soul and top mitigation with good self heal) paragon another OP soul , Clerics Op healers forever and shaman is pulling very good dps if its played well and mages only have 1 good soul for pvp Pyro because chloro is a joke with 0 survavility
    I'm complaining about pyros and I'm neither if those , I was in a game last week and this Mage was damn near blowing me up every time , I managed to get out of range most of the time . Anyways next match he's on my team and In mostly freelancers a few warlords with no runes no orbs and green essences ( I know they get bolstered ) I'm full relic , all pvp box runed and max orb stat rolled on each piece . Pyros need some tuning

  6. #81
    Soulwalker Chebeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    its very funny that the class more favored in 3 years with op tempest/op warlord and op para is the only one complaining here. If you cant kill pyros in WF you really have a huge L2P issue. Pyro is as squishy as before. Anyway I don't see too many good pyros. Stop complainng and L2p your class. Every single class has their OP soul rogues--> Assasin(very Op soul for 3 years without a single nerf) and Physician I don't even know wich one is more OP, Warrior one of the most favored classes in rift and top complainers here Warlord( the only soul that can tank like a tank /DPs like top dps soul and top mitigation with good self heal) paragon another OP soul , Clerics Op healers forever and shaman is pulling very good dps if its played well and mages only have 1 good soul for pvp Pyro because chloro is a joke with 0 survavility
    Nah Pyro is OP.

    Me hitting other well geared players with 9-13k Crits consistently isn't a L2P issue on their part.
    Last edited by Chebeck; 09-14-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    Chebeck@Wolfsbane

  7. #82
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    If it was over tuned though there would be no counters to it. I don't know all the other classes but. Nb probably won't be good because it'll port away from the best damage. MM can take away their key buffs, especially if they want to be a jerk and quick reload eradicate. Then they have the silence/disarm and ability to keep buffs off frequently. Assassins just massacre pyro's if they get the jump and neither side has healing. Ranger would probably lose unless they got some nice crits and pulled a smooth diffuse. Factor in heals though and all of this would change. Pyro's are squishy, without them even a BD can start ripping through one decently. AoE and ST. They have little problems staying close and have the CC to keep up with a pyro.

    Maybe rogues and mages are op! I just don't get the out-cry. All I see is a class finally playing properly. Pyro's are suppose to nuke your face the way they are now. Even with heals, if you start to focus and purge a pyro they start taking heavy hits to their HP bar and their damage potential goes down a lot. Pyro's don't need a nerf, because then they will be useless again. You can say they are OP because teams don't execute on their enemy right. I wish there was some secret society at least where evenly skilled people played against each other for balancing purposes. You can't make fair calls with how all over the charts players perform. I've knocked pyros cold, and I've pulled every trick I had and still lost. There is a huge difference in players. PvP in rift has no baseline, it's why these forums are silly when it comes to screenshot wars. It's subtly gotten to the point for your SS to be valid someone who people know is good has to be in it so we can be sure you weren't up against all fodder.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  8. #83
    Rift Chaser Xamaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    382

    Default

    I went 23-0 in a random last week and topped damage on pyro but i was wondering why i was getting unlucky with cinderburst procs after the first 5 minutes of the warfront, someone had purged off my pyromancer armour and i didnt even notice and was still farming their warriors and rogues.

    How could anyone argue that pyromancer is balanced in any way? warfronts are currently constipated with button mashing pyros who top kd and damage with minimal skill requirement.
    As for pyro being easy to kill... this simply is not the case unless you are just killing bad pyros who need to stare at their keyboard to find their bind for fussilade. Pyros have 4 cc breaks after they spec into stormcaller (who wouldnt?), one of which is on absurdly short cd and gives 50% movement speed, the other gives 20% damage reduction bubble (coupled with 5% reduction in stormcaller and 3% from arbiter if you spec it), the other teleports you out of combat and also has a very short cd.

    I have literally popped heat wave and stood in front of warlord warriors and spammed fireballs in their face and they have been unable to kill me before my burst overwhelms them (and i am only warlord gear with several pieces of freelancer still)

    A good pyromancer is NOT easy to kill whatsoever.

  9. #84
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Next month everything changes with the expansion. I don't see too many changes happening balance-wise until then.

  10. #85
    fzf
    fzf is offline
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    60

    Default

    the paltry damage buffs pyro received in 2.8 are not enough to justify the loss of backdraft. all these "pyro op" whiners are just 1 button no skill fotm faceroll melee spec players. scorch needs to additionally stun nearby targets and purge a single buff, or maybe two, to compensate for the removal of backdraft.

  11. #86
    Champion Bluntmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fzf View Post
    the paltry damage buffs pyro received in 2.8 are not enough to justify the loss of backdraft. all these "pyro op" whiners are just 1 button no skill fotm faceroll melee spec players. scorch needs to additionally stun nearby targets and purge a single buff, or maybe two, to compensate for the removal of backdraft.
    Someone found the neighborhood crack dealer early today.

  12. #87
    Telaran Rantank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    83

    Default

    I don't find myself raging to someone with a lot of dps, burst or otherwise, regardless of whether I die to it or not, but the CC and stuns attached to that damage are ridiculous and need to go. It's infuriating to be stunned from full health to dead and not be able to do anything about it. Pyros have the burst to do that and they shouldn't have both together. A pox on the house of the developer who thought chain debilitate would be funny and good for this game.
    Last edited by Rantank; 09-14-2014 at 10:38 PM.
    Defiant - Vaarko Rekelen Karice Draycos . Guardian - Rigney Reccen Washee Khrelan

  13. #88
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chebeck View Post
    Nah Pyro is OP.

    Me hitting other well geared players with 9-13k Crits consistently isn't a L2P issue on their part.
    ^^^^^^ THIS !!!

    Yesterday I got hit by Fulminate by 10,400 damage. Might be okay if I was in all Freelancers, but I'm p90 with 7 relic pieces of armor. Didn't manage to do a screenshot cause I was too baffled about what just happened.

  14. #89
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    For pvp, yes each class can fill all roles. but some class's are left in the dust during pvp because of "balancing" issues. Like saying OMG pyro does so much damage or whatever. Mages are weak in turn of survivability. we have the lowest armor to protect us and not very useful escapes, hello squirrel + breakfree= invul for 10 seconds on any cc. and its utterly pointless when i can sit there spam fireballs that hit for like 2k agianst a warrior/rogue/cleric as they break my cc run up and hit me twice for 9k damge each time and be dead.
    To balance out all of pvp, gear rating aside. it should be pretty much a defense rating vs offense. mages put out damage harder but get killed easier rogues and clerics are in the middle and warriors put out little dps but can inturn take damage. it is not set up like that though.
    it is setup where Melee puts out damage more than ranged. and taking less damage goes warrior cleric rogue mage. so mages are on the short end of the stick. rogues are next if they are doing a ranged class. clerics are fine because they just stand ina corner healing them selves constantly warriors pull out thier 2h epeen and spin around to kill everyone in site while playing on thier phone not paying attention.
    /end rant

  15. #90
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigoma View Post
    For pvp, yes each class can fill all roles. but some class's are left in the dust during pvp because of "balancing" issues. Like saying OMG pyro does so much damage or whatever. Mages are weak in turn of survivability. we have the lowest armor to protect us and not very useful escapes, hello squirrel + breakfree= invul for 10 seconds on any cc. and its utterly pointless when i can sit there spam fireballs that hit for like 2k agianst a warrior/rogue/cleric as they break my cc run up and hit me twice for 9k damge each time and be dead.
    To balance out all of pvp, gear rating aside. it should be pretty much a defense rating vs offense. mages put out damage harder but get killed easier rogues and clerics are in the middle and warriors put out little dps but can inturn take damage. it is not set up like that though.
    it is setup where Melee puts out damage more than ranged. and taking less damage goes warrior cleric rogue mage. so mages are on the short end of the stick. rogues are next if they are doing a ranged class. clerics are fine because they just stand ina corner healing them selves constantly warriors pull out thier 2h epeen and spin around to kill everyone in site while playing on thier phone not paying attention.
    /end rant
    Try filling all your empty slots. Step #1.

    Full geared I get hit for 4-5k fireballs, 5-6k CB's, 9-11 k Fulminates, etc..

    Aside from warlord, no other glass cannon dps (as is pyro) has its utility, speed boosts, Bf's, or sustained or burst damage at range. Its actually highest in game. Warlord only takes less damage but dosn't dish it out.

    Armor is about useless; has been ever since they made just about every soul do other then physical damage. The ones that do mostly physical damage a lot of it has been tuned upwards to compensate. Sins, for example, do physical damage, but what does the most dps for them are their bleeds and poisons. Physical dps mitigation is a severely small portion of the game. I'd 100% rather have higher elemental resistance, which current wl has a lot of, for example.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts