+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SprawlnBrawl

Thread: Scion Logic

Default Scion Logic

When I left this game, like a year ago both teams used to focus the bridge at the start of the game. If that failed, we went for idols and nabbing stones whenever we could.
    Scion tactics seem to have changed now. Most every scion I join, one team, both sometimes, rushes the church right from the get go and clears it off all the mobs, the aim being taking control of church...Most always the team that clears the church gets owned by the other team that took control of bridge and now that other team has control of bridge and a church free of all mobs and free of hassle for stone carriers.

What's the logic in rushing church at the start of the game? making life easier for the other team? I don't get it.
    Last edited by toodles; 08-30-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Scion logic.

Let's take one of the most in depth versatile rule sets that allow you to win the game and turn it into a meaningless deathmatch and see who wins by proxy of 1 - 3 people per team of 20 actually trying to win. Meanwhile someone is hiding in the heal infested bridge playing some front end damage loaded spec so they can post their 50 KB+ screenshot while throwing the concept of ratios out the window during their bask of personal glory.

Scion logic.

I mean lets be frank, if you play to avoid a rule set and cause a game to run 45 min and score 100 kills out of 400. You clearly rock way harder than the guy who got 10 kills out of 40 and powerhoused the game to a quick win. Duh.

This is sort of why I am having trouble returning to this game after a break. I do a few games and it's blargh.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-30-2014 at 01:58 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by toodles View Post
    When I left this game, like a year ago both teams used to focus the bridge at the start of the game. If that failed, we went for idols and nabbing stones whenever we could.
    Scion tactics seem to have changed now. Most every scion I join, one team, both sometimes, rushes the church right from the get go and clears it off all the mobs, the aim being taking control of church...Most always the team that clears the church gets owned by the other team that took control of bridge and now that other team has control of bridge and a church free of all mobs and free of hassle for stone carriers.

What's the logic in rushing church at the start of the game? making life easier for the other team? I don't get it.

Both strategies listed are far from optimal.

There are a few methods that work, but rushing to church at the start of Scion is not optimal but unfortunately that is what happens more often than not lately.
    Last edited by Baramos; 08-30-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Scion in its core is flawed, since you actually don't need to PvP to win.

Port Scion? do you mean, Ascended Disgrace?

Stacking 5 man - 3 cab 2 phys works just fine, while u farm enemy team on their spawn ur scrubs carry stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwack View Post
    None of the Rift warfronts need PvP kills, none are deathmatches. In fact, I think an all-healer team could win most of them. The only thing that could force a tie on an all-healer team would be AoE on nodes and stones. If you accept them for the contests they are then you can do the type of PvP they need.

I wish we could get Sunrest RP-PVP back, when there was PvP in the world. There were fights between players over something they were both trying to do. Now PvP is just standing around dueling, name calling, and bringing friends to dogpile. We need an RP-PvP server back with 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwack View Post
    i miss duo queuing two guild groups and killing the boss in ~5 mins on scion bonus weekends

Rift Chaser

Back in 2011 when the struggle was real and you needed dat noble guard rep we used to rush boss.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    i miss duo queuing two guild groups and killing the boss in ~5 mins on scion bonus weekends
    Normalization made the boss harder in SL, since vengeance doesn't count against NPCs, even if they are a PvP objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Scion logic.
    is that anything like the logic behind a warrior who keeps running around LOSing everyone yelling for st heals?
    Last edited by CoffeeTeaOr; 09-02-2014 at 11:53 AM.
    It is what it is. Unless it isn't.

+ Reply to Thread