+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: PVP CQ and RIC's ... Effing pathetic

Default PVP CQ and RIC's ... Effing pathetic

Hoi.

Before I go on my Ninja-Rant .. Apologies... Love the game, but I need to get this off my chest..

I've lost count of how many CQ's i've been able to loot the damn chest .. But in the last two-three months .. Not one RIC..

This RNG crap is a joke. I'm a PvP player, so I don't have gear to go PvE for them.

I will take mindless fu***ing grind over this s**t any day. Its not fun. Its not "progress". It just doesn't feel fair.

*Smashes face into brick wall*

I've lost all momentum in any kind of progress in PvP gear wise.

So again - Apologies for rant, but ... Bleh..

Peace.
    Last edited by KalToreth; 08-21-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    Everybody remember where we parked.
    -James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.

Quote Originally Posted by KalToreth View Post
    Hoi.

Before I go on my Ninja-Rant .. Apologies... Love the game, but I need to get this off my chest..

I've lost count of how many CQ's i've been able to loot the damn chest .. But in the last two-three months .. Not one RIC..

This RNG crap is a joke. I'm a PvP player, so I don't have gear to go PvE for them.

I will take mindless fu***ing grind over this s**t any day. Its not fun. Its not "progress". It just doesn't feel fair.

*Smashes face into brick wall*

I've lost all momentum in any kind of progress in PvP gear wise.

So again - Apologies for rant, but ... Bleh..

Peace.
    agreed, its why i dont do cq. its why i hate the loot boxes for bis gear. i dont mind grinding something i dont like but i want to feel rewarded at the end not grind and get let down most of the time.

i compare it to working and getting paid in scratch tickets or in a patrons case, payign to work and getting rewarded with scratch tickets lol

even the wf grind which i dont consider a grind since i like pvp become annoying without a progression line

i've found that ric's and dic's come in at about the rate you get good box gear to upgrade. haven't ever been in a position where i can't upgrade a piece and i haven't bought any ric's in pdkp's. it's nice to have all relic gear but if you're upgrading phys crit/spell crit stuff (like i did before the boxes came out, woops..) you really aren't gaining much in terms of useful stats.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Oh, the joys of being a pvp/pve player and behing able of doing 4 FTs a week and reserve the cell.

Anyway, looting CQ chests since there are CQ chests and i got 1 RiC that way.

I'm just tired of the grind. For the past several weeks I've just logged in to stop the CQ power decay. (Unless I'm on the winning team) My mage has 6 relic pieces. My cleric has two and my rogue has one. Despite that, I still have more RICs than I can use.

RIC availability isn't the problem. The Rift CQ grind is the problem.
    Last edited by Kittyhawke; 08-21-2014 at 06:16 PM.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

I guess I have to be the bearer of bad news but even if you did eventually get that RIC: if you don't pay for token/favor boosts, warfront charges, temp buffs to increase token currency gained, warfront charges and patron status (which only recently got warfront charges added) you are.. wait for it... "free to wait".

I finally upgraded to my first relic piece a few days ago. I waited a while for a decent RNG drop by buying pvp chests with Warlord's marks I earned in game. Then I waited some more to upgrade it to Myrmidon with Myrmidon's marks I earned in game. Then I waited some more to earn even more Warlord's marks and enough favor to buy 5 Warlord's upgrade components. Then, after all that waiting, I finally got my first relic piece.

I guess I could have gotten it a little quicker if'd just "supported Trion" and bought some "time savers". What is the maximum boost to Warlord's marks up to now? 250%? Which is 2.5x times faster right?

Let's see.. Instead of buying as many pvp boxes at 650 credits as I can afford (cuz who does that? Rift isn't even pay to win) I could boost 1 warfront charge to a total of 2,100 WL marks (600+1500=2100) which is a box and then some (2100-1800=300). But then I wouldn't want to waste that 250% boost I bought so I should accumulate ten warfront wins by buying 3 additional warfront charges which unboosted is 6000 WL marks(600X10=6000). Boosted by cash though, I would get 21,000 WL marks(6000+15,000=21,000). So in one day, boosted with cash, I can get up to 11 pvp boxes and some change (21000/1800=11.667).

If I didn't boost those 6000 Warlord's marks I would end up with only 3 boxes to open (6000/1800=3.334). But wait, since I'm free to wait I guess it would really only be 4200 WL marks for 7 wins (600X7=4200) which is 2 boxes to open (4200/1800=2.34). So yeah 11 boxes vs 2 boxes equals 2.5x faster right? No wait.. that math doesn't seem right...
    Currently playing- GW2, SMITE

Or you could be good at the game and not need an extra 3 vengeance per piece of gear.

That's always an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    I guess I have to be the bearer of bad news but even if you did eventually get that RIC: if you don't pay for token/favor boosts, warfront charges, temp buffs to increase token currency gained, warfront charges and patron status (which only recently got warfront charges added) you are.. wait for it... "free to wait".

I finally upgraded to my first relic piece a few days ago. I waited a while for a decent RNG drop by buying pvp chests with Warlord's marks I earned in game. Then I waited some more to upgrade it to Myrmidon with Myrmidon's marks I earned in game. Then I waited some more to earn even more Warlord's marks and enough favor to buy 5 Warlord's upgrade components. Then, after all that waiting, I finally got my first relic piece.

I guess I could have gotten it a little quicker if'd just "supported Trion" and bought some "time savers". What is the maximum boost to Warlord's marks up to now? 250%? Which is 2.5x times faster right?

Let's see.. Instead of buying as many pvp boxes at 650 credits as I can afford (cuz who does that? Rift isn't even pay to win) I could boost 1 warfront charge to a total of 2,100 WL marks (600+1500=2100) which is a box and then some (2100-1800=300). But then I wouldn't want to waste that 250% boost I bought so I should accumulate ten warfront wins by buying 3 additional warfront charges which unboosted is 6000 WL marks(600X10=6000). Boosted by cash though, I would get 21,000 WL marks(6000+15,000=21,000). So in one day, boosted with cash, I can get up to 11 pvp boxes and some change (21000/1800=11.667).

If I didn't boost those 6000 Warlord's marks I would end up with only 3 boxes to open (6000/1800=3.334). But wait, since I'm free to wait I guess it would really only be 4200 WL marks for 7 wins (600X7=4200) which is 2 boxes to open (4200/1800=2.34). So yeah 11 boxes vs 2 boxes equals 2.5x faster right? No wait.. that math doesn't seem right...
    even when doing things the easy way, you seem to insist on doing it the hard way.

the only thing you need to pay for is an active sub.
    token boosts can drop from free crates of various kinds, you don't need to buy them.
    bonus warfront charges come from patron subscription bonus, you don't need to buy additional ones.
    D.O.P.E.s don't need to be purchased if you have the patience to wait for someone else in your warfront to use them (actually pretty common on the weekends)
    you forgot that for maximum efficiency, you need your weeklies as well as your stack of dailies ready to do all at once (those weeklies provide a lot of marks with all the bonuses active).

now, of course, you can spend more money to get all this exactly when you want it. you might not have a 160% token vial (I'm happy enough doing all this with the 80% if that's all I have). you might not want to wait for random D.O.P.E.s. and even if you get all the WL gear, you still need to grind the myrm marks the old fashioned way (though the bonus patron wf charges are a nice help there). the amount of money actually required isn't all that much (if you are not a PvEer or crafter, the component upgrades for the CQ cloaks are a substantially higher cash investment).

but, you seem mad that because you choose not to use the smart method, you need to wait. which of course you are free to choose to do.

so, just to make you happy, i'll mention that Daglar posted elsewhere that Trion intends to do away with the loot bag stacking. when this change happens, we'll no longer be able to stack our weeklies. this means it'll take a little longer for every body, not just the free players. though I expect some players will save up uncompleted quests and try to do them all at once on weekends with premades, as many as they can for the token vials duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I have like 8 just sitting in My bag, I even pulled 2 yesterday(Wednesday) in the a.m. 8'ish,
    Idk the Drop rate for theses things, but I'm guessing if you just add to CQ, like doing the objectives and/or kills(participation in general) maybe it'll increase your odds.. Just trying to help you fellow Telarian, you should try timing, I'm sure eventually you'll pull one.

How often do you join CQ?.. because I have a few friends that complain of the same thing but rarely join, but still complain. I've told a few friends, hey join with Me maybe your probability will change Idk, I just want you to Up grade as I do, and as you should, and Lo and behold one has pulled one, he thanked Me, but I told him its not Me just Join man, its simple chizz..

Opt for Joining a channel with some good folks that'll let you know when timer hits rather, participate maybe the gods of Telara will Grace you with one. I even hope you get one. But when you do you'll end up like some *cough (Me), they are just going to be sitting in your bag until you get a gazillion warlord UG parts for one piece of armor or what have you and you're gonna be like *Ugh lazy mode...

Anyway man I wish you the best of Luck, hope you receive that *MARVELOUS* item soon, never give up.
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Regular myrm is enough, throw in some skill and go kill ppl, most of them are bad unless couple healers are around.

I've maxed out my pvp gear, except for uping them to relic. And thats what I mean with at this point the progress isnt "grind" its just stupid luck.

And I haven't had that stupid luck for 2-3 months now.

I play a bunch of CQ's during weekends. Not so much during weekdays ..

My rant is that it doesnt give you a grinding goal (for lack of a better word) - It's just stupd RNG. And lets face it, CQ is s**t booring, and I wouldent do any if I werent more or less forced to it.
    Everybody remember where we parked.
    -James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.

Ascendant

I've maxed out my pvp gear, except for uping them to relic. And thats what I mean with at this point the progress isnt "grind" its just stupid luck.

My rant is that it doesnt give you a grinding goal (for lack of a better word) - It's just stupd RNG. And lets face it, CQ is s**t booring, and I wouldent do any if I werent more or less forced to it.
    I find it hard to believe that you didn't get a DIC yet during all those quest turnins. You know, from the fragments you can actually grind.

as implied by other posters already, you might be better off focusing your efforts on DICs rather than RICs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    even when doing things the easy way, you seem to insist on doing it the hard way.

the only thing you need to pay for is an active sub.

but, you seem mad that because you choose not to use the smart method, you need to wait. which of course you are free to choose to do.
    Hmmm that's curious since I thought this was a "free to wait" system meaning I don't NEED to pay for anything. Mad and not smart? I'm illustrating with math the distinction that you and others are so apt to point out. Thanks for that though I know I'm on solid ground here.

I left out accumulated daily wins over a week since this can be potentially unlimited for a pay player. Read that again and just let it sink in for bit (and remember that when nitpicking any further inconsistencies regarding warfront charges).

I also figured my example was good enough to make my point but since I "choose not to use the smart method" (your words) here's some quick math for you with weeklies (which btw are turned into an npc so my previous math can be added to this without penalty):

1800 WL marks x 3 (guns for hire, CQ victory, CQ kills)= 5400 unboosted. Boosted you get 18,900 WL marks (5400 x 2.5= 13500; 13500 + 5400= 18900). If we are just talking about buying pvp boxes then the boosted player can open 10 boxes (18900/1800=10.5) while the unboosted player can open 3 boxes (5400/1800=3). 10 boxes vs 3 boxes with weeklies.

10.5 +11.67= 22 boxes (boosted) VS. 2.34+3= 5 boxes (unboosted)

In WL marks:

PAY- 18900+21000= 39900 WL marks (which are needed to upgrade myrm to relic)
    VS.
    FREE- 4200+5400= 9600 WL marks

You can plead the fifth if you wish but how about you tell us how much you've spent since pvp lockboxes were introduced? You seem to be one of the most vocal about these things so why not?
    Currently playing- GW2, SMITE

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Hmmm that's curious since I thought this was a "free to wait" system meaning I don't NEED to pay for anything. Mad and not smart? I'm illustrating with math the distinction that you and others are so apt to point out. Thanks for that though I know I'm on solid ground here.

I left out accumulated daily wins over a week since this can be potentially unlimited for a pay player. Read that again and just let it sink in for bit (and remember that when nitpicking any further inconsistencies regarding warfront charges).

I also figured my example was good enough to make my point but since I "choose not to use the smart method" (your words) here's some quick math for you with weeklies (which btw are turned into an npc so my previous math can be added to this without penalty):

1800 WL marks x 3 (guns for hire, CQ victory, CQ kills)= 5400 unboosted. Boosted you get 18,900 WL marks (5400 x 2.5= 13500; 13500 + 5400= 18900). If we are just talking about buying pvp boxes then the boosted player can open 10 boxes (18900/1800=10.5) while the unboosted player can open 3 boxes (5400/1800=3). 10 boxes vs 3 boxes with weeklies.

10.5 +11.67= 22 boxes (boosted) VS. 2.34+3= 5 boxes (unboosted)

In WL marks:

PAY- 18900+21000= 39900 WL marks (which are needed to upgrade myrm to relic)
    VS.
    FREE- 4200+5400= 9600 WL marks

You can plead the fifth if you wish but how about you tell us how much you've spent since pvp lockboxes were introduced? You seem to be one of the most vocal about these things so why not?
    this is assuming people are using 160% vials every time they turn everything in, which i doubt anyone does. if you want to make a fair comparison between f2p, do it with just regular patron bonuses. i also don't know where you're getting this 2.5 number from. with patron and guild bonuses you only get a total of 215%, are you including the other boosts too that stack up to 50%? how many credits does all of that cost?

realistically, f2p players are getting 10,080 marks per week (you aren't including guild bonuses) whereas those with patron are getting 17,670, and this is including the 3 extra charges you get for being patron.

if it's that important to you, buy a few rex for plat and get yourself patron and by doing so you'll get almost double.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast