• 1 Post By Sezex
  • 1 Post By Aveleys
  • 1 Post By wylwrk
  • 1 Post By Caldern
  • 1 Post By AManWithQuestions

Thread: Question for Trion Devs.

Soulwalker

Default Question for Trion Devs.

Hey! I've got a question and it's bugging me not knowing so, here it is.

The PvP that is Sub-60 is extremely unbalanced. Why is it that you guys put such unbalanced soul sets into the game without running it through Q/A or PTS and get the feedback, and re-work each bracket of PvP?
    Last edited by AManWithQuestions; 08-20-2014 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AManWithQuestions View Post

The PvP that is Sub-60 is extremely unbalanced. Why is it that you guys put such unbalanced soul sets into the game without running it through Q/A or PTS and get the feedback, and re-work each bracket of PvP?
    cause rift is a pve game, pvp is something that happened along the way.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    cause rift is a pve game, pvp is something that happened along the way.
    Cool. Now that it's a thing they should balance it. Still doesn't answer my question.

Do you play warden, druid, riftstalker, elementalist, necromancer or reaver?

I'm expecting you play one of the above.

When you got the "idea" to make this post, how did you envision it ending?

Did you think that a developer would see your post and frantically hammer away at the keyboard to give you the answer you deserve?

"Why yes... yes indeed you are so absolutely right! We don't test anything before we publish changes until YOU came along! What a fantastic idea that we've never thought of before. We are so hap-hap-happy you came along and revolutionized our business for us!"

If you're going to make a claim that deals in absolutes like that, then you've obviously the intelligence to follow up your original post with a reply outlining your auspicious vision of just how you would balance pre-60 PVP in a game which has a primary focus on end game PVE.

low level pvp is actually quite balanced if you had matches full of skilled players only playing optimal specs (pyro for mage, warlord or tempest for warrior, anything except bd, sab, tact or rs for rogue, and purifier for cleric).

What makes it appear so unbalanced is bad players, bad specs and most often, a combination of the two. I just leveled a warrior and mage through low brackets and have a 30 something cleric.

Ascendant

If I had to guess, with level 60 balancing not being perfected, balancing for tiers of content that last maybe a few hours per character is probably not high on the list of things to do.

Plus half the low level players have no idea what they are doing in PvP or speccing their toon.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Do you play warden, druid, riftstalker, elementalist, necromancer or reaver?

I'm expecting you play one of the above.
    None actually. Pyro, Tempest, Bard (Because Metal.)

But what I see is a lot of imbalance. I blast people down with no problem, I have yet to be below 3rd for DPS in any of the BG's I've played, as Pyro, Lv 35.

With Tempest, it's fairly balanced, Not godlike DPS at least in the 40s bracket (Haven't bought the PVP gear so I can't say much about it) Lv42

Bard is just awesome to play, so far only Lv20.

But what I'm mostly pointing towards and questioning is the Healing Rogue that can pretty well just sit and heal to full, no problems.

It's a simple question for the devs, if it insulted you people because you're too over-sensitive about the game and the question asked. Sorry.

None actually. Pyro, Tempest, Bard (Because Metal.)

But what I see is a lot of imbalance. I blast people down with no problem, I have yet to be below 3rd for DPS in any of the BG's I've played, as Pyro, Lv 35.

With Tempest, it's fairly balanced, Not godlike DPS at least in the 40s bracket (Haven't bought the PVP gear so I can't say much about it) Lv42

Bard is just awesome to play, so far only Lv20.

But what I'm mostly pointing towards and questioning is the Healing Rogue that can pretty well just sit and heal to full, no problems.

It's a simple question for the devs, if it insulted you people because you're too over-sensitive about the game and the question asked. Sorry.
    yeah well, don't hold your breath untill a pre-60 balancing update comes along; i'd rather they focus on removing conquest anyways.

+ Reply to Thread