+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Chests in the Store Are the PvP Chests?

Telaran

Default Which Chests in the Store Are the PvP Chests?

Somebody told me he got his awesome items from one of the store chests, but there are so many and I don't want to waste money on the wrong one. He was lvl 30, so I know it's not any of the lvl 60 chests. Anybody care to shed some light? Much thanks

Rift store; pvp section; Depleted supply crate.

..Thank Me Later
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Escadora View Post
    Rift store; pvp section; Depleted supply crate.

..Thank Me Later

That box says "Requires level 60" and also says "Contents may require rank 70 to equip"

I'm 42. I'm guessing this won't work for me? Thanks for the response

Quote Originally Posted by Bullvye View Post
    That box says "Requires level 60" and also says "Contents may require rank 70 to equip"
    That's because (assuming you don't spend IRL money) these chests are bought with Warlord Marks which is a PvP currency you cannot earn in warfronts until you are level 60. The loot tables for these chests include Warlord level armour, lesser essences and weaponry, which have a minimum rank requirement to use.

There are PVP items for the leveling brackets available for favor. PVP>Gear, PVP>Weapons and PVP>Accessories. They have the lowest level requirement to wear for each bracket (x0) and are close to BiS even at x9.

As far as chests? I'm guessing he bought either Greenscale's lock boxes from the AH or whatever the fotm store boxes are currently. The gear wouldn't be pvp specific since it would lack the pvp stat vengeance. Assuming its relic tier (orange text) its probably the best in slot for the entire bracket even though it functions like the pvp gear (min bracket requirement to wear it @ x0 and close to BiS @ x9).

I hope that makes sense.

TLDR: If you want guaranteed results with some effort, buy some increased gain favor potions and get the PVP gear. If you want to gamble with no guaranteed results, buy the lock boxes. The gear will be comparable either way.
    Currently playing- GW2, SMITE

I forgot to add.. Or you can wait and pick up what you can since the leveling process is quick anyway.
    Currently playing- GW2, SMITE

+ Reply to Thread