+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: The issue with Pyro needs to be addressed.

Default The issue with Pyro needs to be addressed.

At first it was funny mostly because the novelty, everyone had a good laugh but we all knew in our hearts that it wouldn't last because Trion would fix it quick like they always do.

Days began to pass and nothing changed, quickly they became weeks and to my ever growing sorrow every death of mine at hands of a Pyromancer remained the same. Now everytime I'm focused by a Pyro my breath quickens, I can feel how the anxiety grows in my chest as I try in vain to grasp firmly the mouse but eventually panic takes me over because I know what comes next and nothing I can do to change it except accept it...

I've been trusting this company for almost 4 years but the pillars of this foundation are beginning to shake, everytime I die to a Pyro even if he just helped to my death I can feel how a tiny part of me dies looking helpless at the gray colored screen.

Maybe you guys at Trion are busy with the incoming expansion, on vacation or (God forbid) don't even know about this terrible issue which has been tormenting your playerbase the past weeks so I'm going ahead and write the patch notes to fix it. I'm doing it completely free but if you guys feel the need to pay me somehow you know my bank details already but eh, no thanks needed.

MAGE

PYROMANCER
    * Fixed an issue with Accelerant lasting through death.
    Last edited by Kaladai; 08-19-2014 at 09:52 AM.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    At first it was funny mostly because the novelty, everyone had a good laugh but we all knew in our hearts that it wouldn't last because Trion would fix it quick like they always do.

Days began to pass and nothing changed, quickly they became weeks and to my ever growing sorrow every death of mine at hands of a Pyromancer remained the same. Now everytime I'm focused by a Pyro my breath quickens, I can feel how the anxiety grows in my chest as I try in vain to grasp firmly the mouse but eventually panic takes me over because I know what comes next and nothing I can do to change it except accept it...

I've been trusting this company for almost 4 years but the pillars of this foundation are beginning to shake, everytime I die to a Pyro even if he just helped to my death I can feel how a tiny part of me dies looking helpless at the gray colored screen.

Maybe you guys at Trion are busy with the incoming expansion, on vacation or (God forbid) don't even know about this terrible issue which has been tormenting your playerbase the past weeks so I'm going ahead and write the patch notes to fix it. I'm doing it completely free but if you guys feel the need to pay me somehow you know my bank details already but eh, no thanks needed.

MAGE

PYROMANCER
    * Fixed an issue with Accelerant lasting through death.
    I'm no programmer, but I can't imagine a quick damage reduction to a soul in PVP takes long. That would be a quick fix followed by some more complex changes I would think.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

Rift Disciple

Nerf this because I suck at PvP . Nerf that because I suck at PvE .

However you phrase it, the point remains.
    Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

Quote Originally Posted by Cramen View Post
    Nerf this because I suck at PvP . Nerf that because I suck at PvE .

Hmm, pyro is indefensible at this point.

"Don't nerf pyro because I suck at pvp, don't nerf pyro because I suck at pve."

Rift Disciple

I don't know how those noobs at US are doing it, but in EU, decently skilled and decently built warrior specs wreck pyros with an ease.

It does help to use a bit of more "advanced" targeting than just tab-cycle and nuke the first opponent you see. Focus firing on a pyro will keep him out of applying dps to your team and will most likely bring him down fairly quickly (depending on your spec).

Current WFs in damage/burst wise are led by Warriors with Pyros closely on second (mainly because of range advantage) and Rogues not that far behind with correct specs.

Also a decently built cleric is able to keep much higher sustained DPS on enemy team than a Pyro.

But it's ok, people have been crying for nerfs ever since this game launched, sadly TRION listens to noskill noobs, because they don't want to lose the majority of their subscribers.

GJ failing at PvP, my suggestion is to continue surfing through 1-button-macro guides and don't even bother to learn what's actually going on.

snip
    Maybe we would threat your opinion serious, if you would play more than one class.
    One class heroes are always biased.

Rift Disciple

The MAIN issue actually is that Pyros are super-squishy, once their flicker is on CD, they are such an easy prey. But because they keep at range, people are too ******ed to even notice them in time - e.g. people just suck. If you are so squishy as ****, with barely any defense and wearing cloth AND also doing ****ty damage, then what's the point of playing it anymore?

Warriors deal more burst damage, more sustained damage (they are not reliant on longass CDs so much), are WAY MORE tankier but they are also melee ranged. So people just suck *** and 'rambo' in enemy teams w/o any clue. Then get facemelted by a pyro from distance and come here to cry.

GJ again.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Maybe we would threat your opinion serious, if you would play more than one class.
    One class heroes are always biased.
    I have every single class, I have self-tested every possible spec (including new souls) in each bracket of WFs. I have been PvPing in this game since early closed beta.

I have PvPd in a competitive level when I was younger in WoW, Shadowbane, DAoC, UO and countless other games.

I stand by my opinion, thanks.

I have every single class, I have self-tested every possible spec (including new souls) in each bracket of WFs. I have been PvPing in this game since early closed beta.

I have PvPd in a competitive level when I was younger in WoW, Shadowbane, DAoC, UO and countless other games.

You are certainly welcome to your opinion, and you are absolutely welcome to deliver it any way you want regardless of how tactless and insulting it may be.

Regardless, as one who plays mage, I stand by my opinion. Decent pyro's top in both dmg done and kb's in every wf im in. The soul is op right now, and it needs some kind of nerf.

I for one am choosing balance in the game over my ego, one day you may do the same although it doesn't seem likely.

Stay classy.
    Last edited by DrkC; 08-19-2014 at 10:35 AM.

This forum doesn't need any more bad euro mages.

Go hang out with virulent and elfaraoneqqqqq

Warriors deal more burst damage, more sustained damage (they are not reliant on longass CDs so much), are WAY MORE tankier but they are also melee ranged.
    Make all pyro abilities 3m range. Keep the abilities as is. Problem solved.

Rift Disciple

My point still stands - learn to PvP and counter them.

I lately started targeting other pyros on my pyro and surprise, surprise they all seem so shocked from it that they drop like flies :P

Unorganized clusterfck warfronts always offer advantage to more ranged characters, a nicely built warrior will ALWAYS have more damage output than a pyro, granted that someone is healing his ***.

Things may be different in US, but in EU, a warrior with pockethealer can absolutely wreck havoc in WFs.

Again, tell me, what the **** is the use of having a GLASS CANNON without a ****ing cannon?

Let me put it as simple as I possibly can for less experienced/skilled people:

Warrior -
    Pros: Highest DPS/Burst, High Survivability, Great CC/Healing reduction, #1 Healer-assassin
    Cons: Melee range, Needs a clueful healer, people suck at it

Mage -
    Pros: High Burst/DPS, Range
    Cons: Glass, Only one hard CC, Never able to burst/bring down a decent healer, Dies quickly when targeted

Again, if you would see a decently played Inqu in action, you would start to cry about nerfing Inqu combos soon. They are just less popular, but in overall damage, they beat both warrior and mage, a fact.

Thats a lie; or your signature is a lie.
    Also INQ is bad outside of 1v1, which PvP isn't about.
    Last edited by Morwath; 08-19-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Champion of Telara

I don't have any problem with Pyros, they are just another spec that can kill me, but unlike Sin/WL/Paragon/Shaman/NB I can counter them with ease.

My point still stands - learn to PvP and counter them.

I lately started targeting other pyros on my pyro and surprise, surprise they all seem so shocked from it that they drop like flies :P

Unorganized clusterfck warfronts always offer advantage to more ranged characters, a nicely built warrior will ALWAYS have more damage output than a pyro, granted that someone is healing his ***.

Things may be different in US, but in EU, a warrior with pockethealer can absolutely wreck havoc in WFs.

Again, tell me, what the **** is the use of having a GLASS CANNON without a ****ing cannon?

Let me put it as simple as I possibly can for less experienced/skilled people:

Warrior -
    Pros: Highest DPS/Burst, High Survivability, Great CC/Healing reduction, #1 Healer-assassin
    Cons: Melee range, Needs a clueful healer, people suck at it

Mage -
    Pros: High Burst/DPS, Range
    Cons: Glass, Only one hard CC, Never able to burst/bring down a decent healer, Dies quickly when targeted

Again, if you would see a decently played Inqu in action, you would start to cry about nerfing Inqu combos soon. They are just less popular, but in overall damage, they beat both warrior and mage, a fact.
    Boy, you sure do seem like a joy to be around.

Stop calling it crying, it's my own damn class. Again, no need to be a **** about it.

I rip through inq's on my pyro, along with everything else. If I get focused, I have plenty of tools to get away, every time. Not able to burst and bring down a decent healer? You sir are doing it wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast