+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Why play anything but Rogue?

Default Why play anything but Rogue?

ok this isn't a nerf rogue thread its more of wth where you thinking devs when designing other classes?

rogue to me is just a perfect class. it's strong in numerous things all while giving you different play styles.

after playing 3 out of the 4 classes they don't hold a candle to rogue as far as fun factor and effectiveness as a whole.

Other classes need to be made similar to rogue as far as having so many options while still being mostly balanced.

for example:
    ST healer-top tier physician bard/RS
    AOE healer-top tier physician/tact
    Range st-top tier ranger or MM
    Range aoe-top tier SAB
    tank hybrids-top tier sin/rs or NB/rs
    st dps top tier sin
    st/aoe hybrid -top tier bd
    burst pocket heal spec-top tier NB
    low point investment- top tier

i mean name me one thing rogue can't do right now in pvp? why is it not like this for other classes? i mean yea mages have the best st range dps, and warriors have the best st melee dps but rogue is right there on both and out classes those two callings in mostly everything else.

i mean it outclasses cleric in almost everything and i would say cleric is the second best class for versatility and top tier performance.

pve has to be the only answer right? regardless i enjoy this game again because of the rogue class and how unique and fun it is compared to my other toons. i suggest the people who are non stop crying for nerfs on this forum to give rogue a try, it doesnt take long to level to 60 and in freelancer gear im competitive in everything except p90 premade vs pug

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    ok this isn't a nerf rogue thread its more of wth where you thinking devs when designing other classes?

rogue to me is just a perfect class. it's strong in numerous things all while giving you different play styles.

after playing 3 out of the 4 classes they don't hold a candle to rogue as far as fun factor and effectiveness as a whole.

Other classes need to be made similar to rogue as far as having so many options while still being mostly balanced.

for example:
    Range aoe-top tier SAB
    st dps top tier sin

i mean name me one thing rogue can't do right now in pvp? why is it not like this for other classes? i mean yea mages have the best st range dps, and warriors have the best st melee dps but rogue is right there on both and out classes those two callings in mostly everything else.

i mean it outclasses cleric in almost everything and i would say cleric is the second best class for versatility and top tier performance.

pve has to be the only answer right? regardless i enjoy this game again because of the rogue class and how unique and fun it is compared to my other toons. i suggest the people who are non stop crying for nerfs on this forum to give rogue a try, it doesnt take long to level to 60 and in freelancer gear im competitive in everything except p90 premade vs pug

No rogue is weak #buffrogue #Buffphys

i mean name me one thing rogue can't do right now in pvp?
    They can't make me a sammich while I'm burning them down.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by DrkC View Post
    They can't make me a sammich while I'm burning them down.
    ill walk through a fire like David Blaine kid.

Tank hybrid? If you mean our Tank spec is the most completely useless spec and waste of raid space, then yes. Rogue #1.

edit: inb4 dakkota says something about "but I run objectives..."
    Last edited by Appendy; 08-18-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Tank hybrid? If you mean our Tank spec is the most completely useless spec and waste of raid space, then yes. Rogue #1.

Why you use PvE argumentation nobody cares about in "PvP & Warfronts" subforum?
    Last edited by Morwath; 08-18-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post

Haha what are you talking about? Sin rs and nb rs are disgusting even in freelancer gear

I think the worst part is some rogues actually think like you
    Last edited by dday; 08-18-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Trion should redo tact and give it CC and drain abilities and rogues will have everything needed for pvp, except pyro burst from range.

for example:
    defiler/sent are still really good

phystact was nerfed pretty hard in pvp, chloro and lib have higher hps output at this point

pyro is better than ranger at everything, mm dps is trash and deaden is less useful now with debilitates in place of disarms, ranger dps depends entirely on twin shot crits and it brings zero utility/cc and has no real mobility.

Range aoe-top tier SAB
    cab is way, way better than sab and brings a **** ton of utility that sab doesn't, new sc played right is probably better than both.

lol no, wl/pally and other warrior hybrids are much better, nbrs and sinrs dps is terrible and won't kill anything

st dps top tier sin
    no burst but yes 61sin st is good, unfortunately maximizing it's dps output isn't as easy as some people make it out to be.

bd is definitely unique but i've maintained 4.5k+ dps in pvp with shaman aoe in a black garden and cab single target dps is still good.

shaman burst is much better now because it directly scales with crit power, shaman dps is better overall, as is para.

yes and no. you sacrifice a lot going 12bd for weapon barrage. clerics can get a purge, have a fairly good tank off soul, warriors can get pulls and interrupts, mages get ride the wind in a sub soul with % spell power (lol).

rogue is new to you so that's probably why you think it's so amazing at everything but it really isn't that great.

i mean name me one thing rogue can't do right now in pvp?
    support/control/utility. bard sucks compared to oracle, which has very very good dps, has one of the best cleanses in the game, and doesn't sacrifice anything for a purge, cab has all sorts of control abilities and can purge 7 buffs off in 6 gcd's, aoe snare, aoe stun, and aoe silence (twice) while bringing decent single target dps and really great aoe dps.

chon has flaring, purges, cleanses, bm has enrage which is unique to the soul and more useful now in pvp than it was before due to crit power gear, and also command to attack which is the same as flaring, not to mention fierce strike.

and then there's dom.

believe it or not, other callings are Good At Things too.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Haha what are you talking about? rin rs and nb rs are disgusting even in freelancer gear

I think the worst part is some rogues actually think like you
    How high in RS are you going?

Ascendant

The only things rogue can't do in PvP right now are:
    Reflect spells
    Be a dominator
    Link someone
    Last edited by Caldern; 08-18-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    How high in RS are you going?
    25 or 28 max

ill walk through a fire like David Blaine kid.
    Let's see it, kid (until pyro get's nerfed, in which case you probably could)

also i knew that the rogues would be out trying to argue against a post in which i said nothing wrong about rogues. why cant rogues just admit they are the best calling and be happy about it? i sure know i am finally glad i made the switch

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    The only things rogue can't do in PvP right now are:
    Reflect spells
    Be a dominator
    Link someone
    I feel like a nerf dominator thread is long overdue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast