+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts of Returning Player

Soulwalker

Default Thoughts of Returning Player

I just recently started playing again after roughly a year away (before that I've played since beta) and thought i would share my thoughts on the game.

Overall PvP seems to be in a much better state than it was last year, people actually die again among many other "little things" changed which makes for a better time, with that said however theres a couple issues I'm seeing a lot of which is rather frustrating.

1) Matchmaking is terrible, I'm not sure what they've changed but all but a handful of warfronts I've been in hasn't been one side facerolling the other, its not fun for either side, its actually rather boring and this has lead to a large portion of my frustration with the game. I can only stomach one or two matches before i get bored/annoyed with it and start wanting to go play something different, thats making it pretty hard to get back into the game.

2) Virtually no new PvP content added, I'm actually very disappointed to see theres been really nothing added aside from a single new WF (which doesn't do anything significantly different from the other current ones, just a different map) and a new CQ, I'm still doing the exact same stuff i was doing last year.

3) Thats really about it.

I will say again theres been a lot of nice changes/tweaks that do actually make it overall better, but due to the two things above I'm having a hard time actually being able to enjoy them.

Flame away.

Yeah match making is terrible , I have had a few good close fairly matched games this week but they are few and afar

Quote Originally Posted by Alleycat View Post
    I just recently started playing again after roughly a year away (before that I've played since beta) and thought i would share my thoughts on the game.

Overall PvP seems to be in a much better state than it was last year, people actually die again among many other "little things" changed which makes for a better time, with that said however theres a couple issues I'm seeing a lot of which is rather frustrating.

1) Matchmaking is terrible, I'm not sure what they've changed but all but a handful of warfronts I've been in hasn't been one side facerolling the other, its not fun for either side, its actually rather boring and this has lead to a large portion of my frustration with the game. I can only stomach one or two matches before i get bored/annoyed with it and start wanting to go play something different, thats making it pretty hard to get back into the game.

2) Virtually no new PvP content added, I'm actually very disappointed to see theres been really nothing added aside from a single new WF (which doesn't do anything significantly different from the other current ones, just a different map) and a new CQ, I'm still doing the exact same stuff i was doing last year.

3) Thats really about it.

I will say again theres been a lot of nice changes/tweaks that do actually make it overall better, but due to the two things above I'm having a hard time actually being able to enjoy them.

Flame away.
    I smell a troll account...

But yeah ontopic... ur right about everything you said.

One thing to remember tho... Rift is a PvE game, with some kind of PvP/PvE content added to it we call Warfronts and CQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwack View Post
    One thing to remember tho... Rift is a PvE game, with some kind of PvP/PvE content added to it we call Warfronts and CQ.

Actually Rift was launched as a pvp/pve game and pvp was advertised just as much as those cool pve raids.
    "Did we just slip into some alternate dimension where I actually give a flying ducky about what you say and do?"

Quote Originally Posted by Siphex View Post
    Actually Rift was launched as a pvp/pve game and pvp was advertised just as much as those cool pve raids.

It sure was....

Then we got a new lead dev and now it has always been PvE mainly game....
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwack View Post

But yeah ontopic... ur right about everything you said.

Theres a reason for a new account

While they did change focus from pvp/pve to most all pve I still assumed they would have cared atleast some for the pvp community, was just disappointing to see.

+ Reply to Thread