+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tactica Guardiana: How to Effectively Play CQ (Experimental)

Default Tactica Guardiana: How to Effectively Play CQ (Experimental)

With pressure of my other work meaning I barely have enough time to play Conquest, i thought I would share my tactics I have yet to try.

Please note that the following are experimental. By no means are they tried and tested. But, knowing this, you could be the first to try to prove/disprove it. I'll post new tactics every week...some of them I think up on random nights when I try to fall asleep, other times I find these in books (reading is amazing, isn't it?) Without further adieu, here is your first entry into the Tactica Guardiana:

Tactica 1: Following Enemy Forces in Stillmoor Conquest

First, I want to take the time to apologize to Bidston and Tervo of the Hello Kitty guild for falsely accusing them...I did receive the punishment I deserved from Rift moderators. That thread has also been removed. I also want to take the time to acknowledge to both Bidston and Tervo that I have received reports that there is actually no spy organization, but a bug instead where 2 CQ chats could be accidentally linked if a player quits and then rejoins CQ on a different alliance.

Now, on to the tactica...

Following enemy forces is risky. Every 45 seconds, a would-be spy follows a force and is killed. But you don't have to be a statistic, if you follow these tactica.

To follow an enemy force, there is some things you DO NOT want to forget.

Pre-spy:

1) DO NOT ALERT THE REST OF THE TEAM! While it is tempting to let other people know that you are planning on following an enemy team, people can use that knowledge against you later if they join another team.

2) Find an extractor that is under attack by the team you want to spy on. Move quickly to that point, but stay at least 30 meters away (or if you are stealthed, 20 meters away).

3) Always stay behind cover. By definition, "cover" is a point where you are not able to be seen, such as behind a thick tree.

During your spying routine:

1) If you must move from cover (which is often), count to 10 first, then move in the direction of the force. If you see a straggler, restart the count to 10. Once you regain sight of them, get behind cover quickly.

2) Always be alert. Always make sure you look around often. Spying is NOT for AFK'ers.

3) Alert your team as to their movements and intentions every 3-5 minutes. If they are covering your teams track, advise the team they are covering/following your tracks by retaking the extractors behind their backs. The leader may call a split of the team if this is the case.
    3a) If they are heading towards your team, advise the team by saying "enemy incoming to x extractor." The leader may ask you to break off from the enemy team, at which point stop following them and analyze the map. Advise the leader as to a good point for respawns to take.

4) If you near an enemy teams base, it is likely they are going back for buffs. Don't follow them inside. Instead, get a safe distance away from the turrets and as soon as they come out, continue to follow them, going around the base if necessary.

5) If they head to Zareph's Return, it is likely they are rebuffing and waiting for enemy forces to make a move. In this case, advise the team to stop and wait for your signal. Once they make a move, advise the team as to the direction they are traveling. The leader can then act upon this info and select a relatively safe attack point.

Post-spy

1) Tell the team you are breaking off.

2) Return to base as quickly and safely as possible.

3) Important: Don't follow a team around for longer than you have to. The longer you spy, the greater the chances the enemy will spot you and kill you.

Thus completes this week's tactica.

Comments, questions, concerns, insults?
    Last edited by Shedelin; 08-17-2014 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Lessen Confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Shedelin View Post
    3) Always stay behind cover. By definition, "cover" is a point where you are not able to be seen, such as behind a thick tree.
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha hahahahah

*deep breath*

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahaha hahahah ahahah hahah hah.

having nameplates turned on allows you to see enemy players through tree, rocks, walls.
    and then there is recon vials, showing unstealthed enemies on your minimap (at greater than 30m range)

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha hahahahah

*deep breath*

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahaha hahahah ahahah hahah hah.

having nameplates turned on allows you to see enemy players through tree, rocks, walls.
    and then there is recon vials, showing unstealthed enemies on your minimap (at greater than 30m range)
    Alright, alright, I made 3 mistakes...

1: Recon vials allow you to see potential spies.
    2: Nameplates allow you to instantly knock out potential cover.
    3: Cover must not be obvious.

However, you must come to realize the following

1: Recon vials is something you must buy with credits or with patron status (likely patron), and not everyone wants to pay the 2000+ plat or $20 for REX, regardless of where the player gets it.
    2: Not everyone likes nameplates on. It will quickly become annoying as you are surrounded by 30 green nameplates with nothing to click on.
    3: Cover can be a wall, behind a house, it doesn't have to be just behind a thick tree.

The video you chose did, however, highlighted the CQ chat bug in a way...by telling the neighbors (the team you left), they know your location. BOOM! No more spy.

+1 for the video. It made me laugh my pants off until I realized the intended message of the video. But still funny.

Replying since I no longer can edit my post:

Here's a little conundrum for you, taken from the scene where they blew up three bushes:

An enemy wanted dead is behind one of three bushes in front of you. You only have one stick of dynamite, which only blows up one bush. Assume whichever bush you blow up will not affect anything near the other 2 bushes and you don't know which bush the enemy is hidden behind. Which one do you blow up?

Of course, in the video, Monty Python blew up all three, but not everyone has the time or resources to blow up all three bushes.

My oh my, you're a special lil snowflake, aren't you?

1: Recon vials is something you must buy with credits or with patron status (likely patron), and not everyone wants to pay the 2000+ plat or $20 for REX, regardless of where the player gets it.
    2: Not everyone likes nameplates on. It will quickly become annoying as you are surrounded by 30 green nameplates with nothing to click on.
    3: Cover can be a wall, behind a house, it doesn't have to be just behind a thick tree.
    recon vials cost favor and only favor. they only cost 6k favor, a relatively small amount. well worth it.
    you can instantly spot a bad player by their lack of a recon vial buff.

like the recon vial, the benefits of having nameplates turned far out weighs any negatives. you can see the nameplates through house too.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I could school y'all on how to do this proper.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Replying since I no longer can edit my post:

Here's a little conundrum for you, taken from the scene where they blew up three bushes:

An enemy wanted dead is behind one of three bushes in front of you. You only have one stick of dynamite, which only blows up one bush. Assume whichever bush you blow up will not affect anything near the other 2 bushes and you don't know which bush the enemy is hidden behind. Which one do you blow up?

Of course, in the video, Monty Python blew up all three, but not everyone has the time or resources to blow up all three bushes.
    I'd save my single stick of dynamite for an enemy that was actually a threat. a spy is nothing. a spy is pointless. no decent CQ leads rely on spies. there is zero point in targeting a spy.

a spy that hides in any likely spot, even if it is just one of many likely spots, is already failing and will be revealed whenever the next mage or MM spams aoe in the likely spots.
    a "good" spy (lol, no spies are good) hides in unlikely places. a "good" spy (lol again) doesn't even come within sight of the enemy, because he tracks the edge of the enemy zerg on his minimap with recon vials.

the best way to flush a spy would simply be to wait behind when your zerg moves off. the spy then has to choose between remaining hidden and losing the zerg he is tracking, or breaking cover and having to deal with you before he is free to move off, likely losing his target zerg in doing so.

Lelelelelelelele
    XSXS/ZebraCakes ; Sometimes when I'm lonely I like rub vaseline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I could school y'all on how to do this proper.
    Having seen you littering WF with your corpses lately, I'm pretty sure I have your rotation down 100%.

1. Run in circles.
    2. Spam Hundred Blades.
    3. Respawn

How to effectively play CQ:

step 1 - make 20 man p90 raid, 2 pull bots, 5 heals, 1 sup,12 ae dps
    step 2 - go into cq
    step 3 - organize randoms
    step 4 - stomp everything
    step 5 - get ric

Shadowlander

First, I want to take the time to apologize to Bidston and Tervo of the Hello Kitty guild for falsely accusing them...I did receive the punishment I deserved from Rift moderators. That thread has also been removed. I also want to take the time to acknowledge to both Bidston and Tervo that I have received reports that there is actually no spy organization, but a bug instead where 2 CQ chats could be accidentally linked if a player quits and then rejoins CQ on a different alliance.
    Thank you for the apology. I would just like you to know that the only spy technique that I use is to read the map.
    Oh my bad, upon further thought(thus and edit), I remembered that I also periodically use "Recon Vials" which alert me to members of opposing teams hiding in trees, houses etc.
    Last edited by Bidston; 08-17-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Default How to Effectively Play CQ

snip
    TL;DR

1st - get CQ tracker addon
    2nd - join CQ at timer
    3rd - ????
    4th - Profit

Alright, after Tactica Guardiana entry #1 failed miserably on paper, I am forced to reveal my second entry into Tactica Guardiana. Let's begin!

Tactica 2: How To Successfully Stage a False Panic

Some generals way back when in history used false calvary panics to draw enemy from their positions, whom are subsequently killed by the "fleeing" panickers. However, modern day attempts to do so have failed. In this tactica, I will show how to successfully stage a false panic, courtesy of battle tactics from the Warriors series by Erin Hunter.

Step 1) Ensure your "panicking" men have a clear path to run.
    Step 2) When it comes time to stage the false panic, begin running in a direction away from fighting.

Step 3) let them follow you.
    Step 4) After they have been drawn at least 20 meters away, return to cut them down.
    Step 5) Repeat Steps 1-4 until the opposing force breaks off or more reinforcements arrive.
    Step 6) Let the qq forum posts, the ragequits, and the weeping and crying begin, while your men chase down the opposing men, who are truly fleeing in terror.

This tactica can be used even if your force is seriously outnumbered.

Thus concludes this weeks tactica entry.

Comments, questions, concerns, insults?
    Last edited by Shedelin; 08-17-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Those tactics sound swell in an environment, such as real life, where there are no imaginary stats that prevent someone who gets cut by a sword from dying. This, however, is a game where these stats do exist, and you will find out pretty quickly whether or not your faction stands a chance.
    Best idea is to attempt to flank, catch fleeing members while they move between ext's etc. So while I will not insult you for suggesting these things, it just doesn't seem to have any real value setting up elaborate schemes, which will waste time, and most likely not surmount to any more kills than just a solid approach.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast