+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Seastone needs more guardians

Rift Disciple

Default Seastone needs more guardians

I have a Defiant character and love wpvp on seastone, only problem is the guardian population is so low that pretty much all wpvp takes place with the same 10 or so people outside of sanctum. Don't get me wrong, these guys are all tough and hold their own until being overwhelmed by sheer numbers. My worry is that eventually the guardian population will dwindle away and I'll have nobody left to fight lol. So if you have a guardian and wanted to server change or even shard hop to seastone for a bit please do

this is not an uncommon phenomena for a game where the management doesn't give a squat about PvP

what you're seeing is a dead PvP community.

when rift went F2P, many lvl 60s celebrated the arrival of all the new players by going to stonefield/gloamwood with their geared, max level toons and wpvping their @5535 off until all the new players either left the game or left the shard.
    these happy campers soon followed their victims and these days most of both can now be found on deepwood.

the only reason trion hasn't shut seastone is because those few players left spend enough on the rift store to pay for their shard.

we had fresh blood once, which is always required to keep a population at a healthy level.
    it was the wpvpers that chased them away.

or, wait, did you mean something other than ganking lowbies when you used the term "wpvp"?
    because... well... you said the only wpvp you find is in the old world lowbie zone/capital, not in dendrome/steppes where you might reasonably expect to find lvl 60s doing stuff out in the world.

P.S. you're part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    when rift went F2P, many lvl 60s celebrated the arrival of all the new players by going to stonefield/gloamwood with their geared, max level toons and wpvping their @5535 off until all the new players either left the game or left the shard.
    these happy campers soon followed their victims and these days most of both can now be found on deepwood.

the only reason trion hasn't shut seastone is because those few players left spend enough on the rift store to pay for their shard.

we had fresh blood once, which is always required to keep a population at a healthy level.
    it was the wpvpers that chased them away.

or, wait, did you mean something other than ganking lowbies when you used the term "wpvp"?
    because... well... you said the only wpvp you find is in the old world lowbie zone/capital, not in dendrome/steppes where you might reasonably expect to find lvl 60s doing stuff out in the world.

P.S. you're part of the problem.
    I won't jump to conclusions, but I was curious about the "outside of Sanctum" description too.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Palemage View Post
    I have a Defiant character and love wpvp on seastone, only problem is the guardian population is so low that pretty much all wpvp takes place with the same 10 or so people outside of sanctum. Don't get me wrong, these guys are all tough and hold their own until being overwhelmed by sheer numbers. My worry is that eventually the guardian population will dwindle away and I'll have nobody left to fight lol. So if you have a guardian and wanted to server change or even shard hop to seastone for a bit please do
    Guardians are the good guys right?

There's probably a total of 5 defiant rogues who open world pvp. So if like 3 guardians can xfer to seastone we'll have balance.

Rift Disciple

If you ever go outside sanctum bridge on seastone you'll usually find at least 5 PvP geared guys, low level zones don't instant flag you but the 60s usually keep their flags on. Nobody is ganking, just showing up looking for a fight.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    I won't jump to conclusions, but I was curious about the "outside of Sanctum" description too.
    A lot of my guild like to wpvp and they go to Sanctum whenever Defiants show up outside and do WPVP. There really isn't a ganking lowbie problem. Its more of a meeting spot. Sometimes we'll get upwards of like 15 vs 15 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Palemage View Post
    If you ever go outside sanctum bridge on seastone you'll usually find at least 5 PvP geared guys, low level zones don't instant flag you but the 60s usually keep their flags on. Nobody is ganking, just showing up looking for a fight.
    that's not wpvp.
    a better description would be "freeform group duals"
    it still has no relevance to actual pvp in this game.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Master

You kilt them all.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    that's not wpvp.
    a better description would be "freeform group duals"
    it still has no relevance to actual pvp in this game.
    "Actual PvP?" If players are fighting players, it's PvP. If ganking isn't WPvP and big fights outside cities aren't WPvP, I'm curious to hear your definition of WPvP as it pertains to Rift.

Rift Disciple

Kronos must think everyone who isn't him is just an NPC :/ whenever players fight it is PvP that's literally the meaning to PvP (Player Versus Player).

Default Um good luck...

I'm a level 60 Guardian; I went to Seastone once for the "Hooves and Horns" zone event because everyone remembers the issue with that zone event and was that a mistake! I was a MENTORED level 60 so that I could get credit for that zone event and level 60 Defiants couldn't wait to kill me there some big tough guys huh? Well, I couldn't imagine actually being a low level player at Seastone and being ganged up upon constantly. I do admit I hate PVP not everyone likes it and yes maybe Guardians really are the "good guys". I could never kill a mentored player and not be mentored myself or just kill a low level player "just for the fun of it" maybe that is just me? I for one will never set foot back and Seastone and I encourage all my Guardian friends not to either...good luck on finding those Guardians!
    Last edited by SassyArcher; 08-17-2014 at 07:56 PM.

I'll make a new char on Seastone, even tho I'm from EU, just for the lols and Guardian ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    "Actual PvP?" If players are fighting players, it's PvP. If ganking isn't WPvP and big fights outside cities aren't WPvP, I'm curious to hear your definition of WPvP as it pertains to Rift.
    WPvP doesn't exist in Rift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast