+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Only, Healing Debuff?

Soulwalker

Default PVP Only, Healing Debuff?

Ok healing is fine for PVE and there is no need to nerf it. But there are way too many healers in WFís. Why? Because it is insanely overpowered in PVP.

If you donít agree that healing is insanely overpowered in PVP, thatís fine, you are entitled to your deranged opinion. But, please donít comment about here. This thread is for discussing my PVP Healing Debuff idea. Not for discussing your obvious mental issues

So here is what Iím thinking. While flagged for PVP, anytime anyone is effected by a heal that heals more than 5% of their total health or they receive a shield that has more than 5% of their total health, they receive a -3% Healing / Shielding debuff, it lasts 2 minutes and stacks up to 20 times. The more you get healed the less effective it becomes. Simple and effective.

This will limit the effect of healing without completely destroying it and more importantly I might end up playing in a WF with less than 10 healers.

Of course my numbers are not set in stone. There are plenty of other options, -2% debuff that stacks 25 times. Iím just spitballing here.

Thoughts?

Am I completely high?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsong View Post

Am I completely high?

Yes. As penance for failing your troll attempt... back under the bridge with you for 7 days.
    You shall only dine on hard tack and water.

Now... begone!

The amount of healing is fine. In combat mana-energy regeneration and dispels are the problem.
    Who is John Galt?

No moar healing nerfs, leave poor Liberators and Chloros alone.
    And your idea is terrible.
    Last edited by Morwath; 08-16-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by demonsong View Post
    ok healing is fine for pve and there is no need to nerf it. But there are way too many healers in wfís. Why? Because it is insanely overpowered in pvp.

If you donít agree that healing is insanely overpowered in pvp, thatís fine, you are entitled to your deranged opinion. But, please donít comment about here. This thread is for discussing my pvp healing debuff idea. Not for discussing your obvious mental issues

so here is what iím thinking. While flagged for pvp, anytime anyone is effected by a heal that heals more than 5% of their total health or they receive a shield that has more than 5% of their total health, they receive a -3% healing / shielding debuff, it lasts 2 minutes and stacks up to 20 times. The more you get healed the less effective it becomes. Simple and effective.

This will limit the effect of healing without completely destroying it and more importantly i might end up playing in a wf with less than 10 healers.

Of course my numbers are not set in stone. There are plenty of other options, -2% debuff that stacks 25 times. Iím just spitballing here.

Thoughts?

Am i completely high?
    lies all lies!
    Kvoo AKA Lilkvo
    Buff Defilers now!!!
    I prevented your Kill with my Heal!
    --Godlike Awesomeness-- :: Deepwood (US)

Plane Walker

I'd be down with bringing back 50% heal debuffs, but I think they should be active abilities with 2 minute CD's and non-renewable (ie, not passive abilities like poisons, and not the CD's cannot be renewed through another talent which sole purpose is to renew a certain tree's CD's).

Also, I'd be down with one or two classes having active abilities that reduce mana/energy/etc regeneration by 50% for the duration of the effect.

Lastly, it would be nice if they could rework/expand the CC classification and DR system to be more dynamic and broader based, requiring more thought and attention by pvpers.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Quote Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
    Also, I'd be down with one or two classes having active abilities that reduce mana/energy/etc regeneration by 50% for the duration of the effect.
    Dom has this already. It also has a sort of active heal debuff, though it's not quite as amazing as "50% reduced healing for duration" as it has a limit on the amount of healing it can absorb (it's also a 20s CD, reapplies if cleansed).

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Dom has this already. It also has a sort of active heal debuff, though it's not quite as amazing as "50% reduced healing for duration" as it has a limit on the amount of healing it can absorb (it's also a 20s CD, reapplies if cleansed).
    A lot of classes have a heal debuff. At the rollout of Rift most of them reduced healing by 50% but they changed it to 20% then 10% a long time ago. Rogues also had an ability that reduced healing DONE (as opposed to healing taken) and they also changed that to the standard heal debuff at 10%, but I would be down with that ability coming back too.

Also I should clarify that I've offered these ideas only the most general sense and further consideration would need to be given to CD's, duration, dispel-ability and so on.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Healing debuff is tied to valor and its higher than 50%.

+ Reply to Thread