+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Caeus
  • 1 Post By Kvoo

Thread: Heals need to be buffed

Default Heals need to be buffed

Heals need to be buffed again since hardly anyone wants to heal. discuss
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Liberator heals for sure.

0 heals matches are fun. u stomp bads and spawncamp em. 5 heals matches make bads live forever and think they are good at pvp. No heal in pvp ples, lets stomp the bads.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    0 heals matches are fun. u stomp bads and spawncamp em. 5 heals matches make bads live forever and think they are good at pvp. No heal in pvp ples, lets stomp the bads.
    Good, you can bask in your glory of feeling superior to the "bads", most of the good PvPers left a longtime before you even started your forum account, /discuss.

Heals are the most relevant part of a win, sadly there are few solid healers, and even less people willing to do what it takes for the "W"....instead they try and walk away with a KDR....but I dont know, I still walk away with a better Kills to Death rate, but at the end of a match, a loss is still a loss......when the "W" becomes more important then the individual chest thumping, and is more important, then maybe, just maybe the prevailing self importance of the individual as opposed to the TEAM will matter more

And Sezex, I hate to inform you, but being "best in Rift PvP" is like winning a Gold Medal in the Special Olympics. It wont diminish the accomplishment, but I hope you get the gist.
    Last edited by TedO; 08-16-2014 at 04:41 AM.
    Elimination aka Gramps, formerly of MMAC, Squabs Squad, Mobile Death Squad,FoTM,Temporal Insurgence, Beep Beep Imma Jeep and Philanthropy

Quote Originally Posted by TedO View Post
    bla bla bla
    Still fun thou...

Champion of Telara

Heals are still way more powerful than DPS, but they are back to a tolerable state.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Still fun thou...
    Can be, I just prefer to leave the text at the door is all, I play this game about as casual as casual gets anymore, bla bla bla

I keep saying, we are about 10 PvP servers too late to be overly concerned with the state of PvP, it is what it is.
    Last edited by TedO; 08-16-2014 at 06:44 AM.
    Elimination aka Gramps, formerly of MMAC, Squabs Squad, Mobile Death Squad,FoTM,Temporal Insurgence, Beep Beep Imma Jeep and Philanthropy

Sadly rift's pvp is catered for bads or else they would've fixed the matchmaking already. Without heals will result in a bad experience for all pugs and may cause the many greens to walk away from it because of an even worse experience.

This means if a new player decided not to pvp much during the lower brackets, they would most definitely be put off playing pvp at 60. Although conquest is the forced content for progression for many raiders,so there is a chance it might change the mind of some new players. Unless pvp gets better in the next expansion, I can promise there won't be many people playing once the cq perks go away. If new players didn't like the pve in this game this game would be dead.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Champion of Telara

This is a PvE game with PvP thrown in. If all of the PvP only players left, Rift would barely lose any population. PvP isn't important to Trion, PvP balance is certainly low on their priority list. What matters to Trion is dollars spent in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Liberator heals for sure.
    I agree

trion pls
    I Like The Gear Changes

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TedO View Post
    Heals are the most relevant part of a win, sadly there are few solid healers, and even less people willing to do what it takes for the "W"....instead they try and walk away with a KDR....but I dont know, I still walk away with a better Kills to Death rate, but at the end of a match, a loss is still a loss......
    I've lost more matches since the last patch from having horrible dps, than bad heals. Seems more and more you look at the scoreboard and see one team with 5 of the top 6 dps, even with your team having the top heals. Not sure what changed, but seems like many more matches are horribly balanced and that's not remotely fun for the losing side, and quickly loses the fun for the winners.

Shadowlander

Well as a r70 sentinel healer it has been rough the past week and a half I cant keep up with all the Pyro damage and its getting so frustrating that I just log in as Inquisitor because I feel like I became a bad healer overnight and cant keep anyone up anymore which takes the fun out of it for me

Quote Originally Posted by dash71 View Post
    Well as a r70 sentinel healer it has been rough the past week and a half I cant keep up with all the Pyro damage and its getting so frustrating that I just log in as Inquisitor because I feel like I became a bad healer overnight and cant keep anyone up anymore which takes the fun out of it for me
    I haven't ran sent since the pyro buff but I feel ya , try puri it's done ok for me so far . When you pop shield and burst destroys it it re-applied it with In 3 sec that's 17k shielding for me anyways. Then if your lucky with the proc on healing taking burn out off , sorry forgot the tree name of it.
    Last edited by dongaconda; 08-16-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    This is a PvE game with PvP thrown in. If all of the PvP only players left, Rift would barely lose any population. PvP isn't important to Trion, PvP balance is certainly low on their priority list. What matters to Trion is dollars spent in the store.
    I do not agree! Trion release updates for PVP just as much as PVE.

I'm just saying...
    Kvoo AKA Lilkvo
    Buff Defilers now!!!
    I prevented your Kill with my Heal!
    --Godlike Awesomeness-- :: Deepwood (US)

+ Reply to Thread