+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mind-numbing PvP in Rift

Rift Disciple

Default Mind-numbing PvP in Rift

Well, well, well...

I have been back and playing for about a month now and I can safely say that PvP is even more dumbed down to the level that all you need to do to feel 'badass' is to have a 2 button macro spec combined with cash-shopped or grinded myrmidon gear and absolutely no care for anything else happening around you.

I see people who supposedly have played a lot, (because of their gear) focusing on whatever tank is in front of enemy lines, because a) they are unable to use any judgement for proper target selection and b) the only 'competitive' aspect of the WF seems to be hitting the 'Most Damage Done' top list.

Each day I play WFs on my mage or rogue, I see so many people who are so ******* bad, that in any form of competitive PvP they would be eaten alive. Yet they do get kills and they do wear the most high-end PvP gear in the game.

Why is RIFT constantly making PvP more and more grind-based and mind-numbing display of brute force instead of making it at least a little bit more competitive and challenging?

Why are there still no real ranked arenas, besides the 5v5 BG that noone bothers to queue for some reason.

I mean, I don't have a personal problem beating those who are underskilled, but there's also no joy in it. You kill people who are absolutely clueless stationary turrets/rambos/keyboard turners/crapgeared and whatever more archetype there is, but the outcome is as blunt as it can be - nothing. You can not carry games with clueful playing (except for ninjaing objectives). You can't even nuke down healers anymore with a specific burst specs that are meant to cripple healers with each talent....healers are just unkillable by anyone solo even when they are totally braindead and unable to do more than spam one spell/macro.

You can mark healers, mark supports, bring down the enemy bursters to keep your squishies safe, but that does not change the fact that 90% of your team keeps attacking tank specced chars who are obviously just trolling around and posing no real threat.

I mean, I like RIFT, because of the versatility in char-builds and just fun mechanics, but things are so unbalanced and biased towards idiocy that it just gets to the point that you actually stop caring to PvP seriously and fall straight down to the level of one-button-wonder specs tunnel-visioning whatever comes up first after 'TAB' pressing.

TL;DR Please, TRION, give us any competitive form of PvP and focus on balancing PvP instead of coming up with new dye combinations for a change.

And the current 'Leaderboard' system is a joke - it's the leaderboard of whoever has more time to grind.

Let casuals have their casual hack'n'slash PvP, give people who want challenge an opportunity to have competitive PvP.
    Last edited by Cramen; 08-15-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

The only attraction of Rift PvP is that you can log in and run around 2-3 shotting scores of people with minimal brain activity. It's great for bad players who want to feel like they're good, it's great for good players who want to feel like they're gods, and it sucks for everyone else (aka the REALLY bads).

It's like playing Arid Heights in Rollercoaster Tycoon. Sometimes you don't want the game's challenge, you just want to put dudes in panda suits at the bottom of the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post

It's like playing Arid Heights in Rollercoaster Tycoon. Sometimes you don't want the game's challenge, you just want to put dudes in panda suits at the bottom of the lake.
    Then you want no challenge you do PvE.

True nirvana is reached when you have mastered your two macros and are able to see the game not for the macros, but for all of its heavenly glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Then you want no challenge you do PvE.
    PvE in this game is far more challenging than the PvP nowadays, you know.

Prophet of Telara

There are some community made tournaments if you want more competitive pvp: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...rize-more.html
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

If you want enraging difficulty you play Aero the Acrobat.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched Brakkish Hammerfist's Avatar

It's not the PVP that's bad in rift, it's all the bads in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkish Hammerfist View Post
    the funny part is i think there are a decent amount of good players you just never get to play against them. if they took the people that did good most matches and actually paired them together vs other good players this game wouldnt be that bad. instead we have daglarcare where i should be showing people how to play the game instead of them learning on their own

Champion of Telara

There are all kinds of legitimate reasons to attack front line melees.

The soul system is a ***** to balance ttk.

How do you manage tank hybrid damage? If you nerf full dps ttk by half then dps hybrids are dead unless they are support/dps.

Gifts maybe?

The reason I'm going on about ttk is because its the main problen with PvP.

You can't use CC intelegently when our most comon stun lasts 3 seconds. Why does it last 3 seconds? Because it takes 5 seconds to blow somone up.

Why do we have a immunity system and not a DR system that lets people stack CC (cc that would likely mitigate crosshealing problems)? Because it takes 5 seconds to kill somone. CC chains would be over kill.

I'm not sure why people can die, and be healed in such a fast paced manner and then not provide defensive counters to both damage and healing.
    Last edited by Pocketzoar; 08-15-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

I don't want to say its a product of lazy developers.

Its just never made it as a priority on the "pipeline" as its been called.because we never made it on the "majority" list.

The problems with rift pvp go much further then good/bad players. Its in desperate need of a complete valor/veng and CC overhaul.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Mei

lol ok pal

then how come there's no competitive community in this game anymore in contrast to earlier times.

cause everyone plays competitive pvp like farmville and candy crush saga

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast