+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Being Ganked is not PvP

Default Being Ganked is not PvP

1) Problem: Doing the PvP quests the opposite faction is allowed to stand/hide being unflagged for PvP. As soon as you are flagged they gank you (and a lot of times there is no alert you are being ganked because you may already be in combat and not know an external force is draining your life away).

2) Solution 1) The areas where PvP quest take place need to auto-flag you for PvP just by being there. It was careless of me to assume someone was not an enemy by the fact they were unflagged.

3) Solution 2) When an opposite faction is attacking you an alert sound would be nice.
    Beware the Penguin...

When I zerg lowbies and bads 5v1, I know I'm doing pvp.

Ascendant

Ganking is pvp, there's just no sport in it, so I tend to avoid it personally.

[Edit] obligatory "I'm also not a pansy rogue" comment.
    Last edited by Caldern; 08-15-2014 at 08:04 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Unless they change daily pvp quests areas it's unlikely, because these places are near entrance to PvE raids, Chronicles or part AI adventures.

Can you imagine how mad would dragon killers get when half of their players would get dropped from raid and auto-flagged just because they run nearby to enter the raid instance? or random newbes doing IA in dendrome and getting flagged + 1 shoted.

Ganking is ganking, it will always be like that. It wouldn't be called ganking if there was no surprise. Maybe they should put a warning on PvP quests that it involve the risk of getting ganked ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Another guy doing pvp quests, getting flagged for pvp that doesnt think he is doing pvp...

If you dont want to be attacked while doing pvp content, dont do pvp content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacrim View Post
    Another guy doing pvp quests, getting flagged for pvp that doesnt think he is doing pvp...

If you dont want to be attacked while doing pvp content, dont do pvp content.
    I wouldn't call those fail quests 'content', let me explain why.
    The whole idea is: fresh 60 without often freelancer gear has to do them in order to get essences to get competitive in PvP (ofc you can do CQ, but you know, CQ isnt fun in its current state) so guys in Mymr gear, often with tons of relics can farm them.

Instead of giving something to fight for already geared players, we force newbies to get farmed. It just makes no sense.

Giving us end game area where people fight for faction bonuses, which apply for their faction/guilds during zone events, warfronts or even raids would be a content, but cleary not this.

Every death has a story.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    I wouldn't call those fail quests 'content',...
    Even being fail quests, that i agree, its content, definitely pvp content.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Instead of giving something to fight for already geared players, we force newbies to get farmed. It just makes no sense.

Giving us end game area where people fight for faction bonuses, which apply for their faction/guilds during zone events, warfronts or even raids would be a content, but cleary not this.
    This. Support and completly agree so much. Now, if only devs read the pvp forums... (laughing at the qq threads doesnt count).

Being ganked, IS pvp, and will always be a part of it.
    When I used to play WoW, and was very very bored, there were times where I would keep killing the same lowbie for 30+ minutes. I don't know about him,, but I had fun,, lol. I would only stop if he went pvp inactive, logged out, or called some high lvl friends to come help.... I kinda miss those days.

Seeing how OwPvP is pointless in Rift, usually when I get ganked while doing dailys, just let them kill me once or twice, then /s you satisfied? and they leave.

If there was any incentive to partake in OwPvP I would fight back, but at its current state its just annoying feature added to the mindnumbingly stupid daily quests.

In the early days of DaoC pvp server.

Players who where higher lvls offered a considerable amount of xp/rp. So me and my low-lvl buddies used to gang up on solo or duo higher lvls and gank them repeatedly for rewards.

So much rage, so much fun.

Shadowlander

Default do away with faction based pvp

The ganking isn't the end tho ,then there's the obligatory spawn camping for hours of fun... Current wpvp is garbage. Just get rid of faction based pvp altogether. Let guilds declare war on each other and fight it out anywhere anytime any shard for those that want to wpvp and leave the rest out of it.
    Last edited by chi925; 08-15-2014 at 01:17 PM.

i personally loved being ganked my problem is when they get outplayed and simply slip awayyy

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Happysack View Post
    Being ganked, IS pvp, and will always be a part of it.
    When I used to play WoW, and was very very bored, there were times where I would keep killing the same lowbie for 30+ minutes. I don't know about him,, but I had fun,, lol. I would only stop if he went pvp inactive, logged out, or called some high lvl friends to come help.... I kinda miss those days.
    That's not pvp that's nothing more than bully behavior, ruining someone's experience just to be a ***in douch. Guess that sums up who and what you are....

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    i personally loved being ganked my problem is when they get outplayed and simply slip awayyy
    Same, I hate when a NB gets out-played and hits their 50% heal. Or rather when anyone would have died had they not hit "X" key.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast