Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Allowing premades to queue against pugs is slowly killing PvP

Default Allowing premades to queue against pugs is slowly killing PvP

And I don't really care what you PM advocates say, this **** has been going on for way too long already. Being on the pug side 95% of the time, I can assure you this is alienating any new PvP comrades we could have.

Personally I've come to terms with it, but any new fresh 60's trying it out are not going to stay around for too long. Having couple of friends not logging on for that reason only is enough to see what is going on.

Trion either needs to seperate queue's or make them ranked.. I dont know but I love this game and everyday this is going on, means less people to play with. Call me whatever you want, seeing this game die like this pains me.

Or we at a point of no return, no matter what Trion does the PvP population or what could have been are long gone..
    Last edited by HeLLBoY77; 08-14-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Shadowlander

I think it's not happening slowly, however it does seem to be worse during the School / college / University holidays.

Before the silliness of physicians and 6+ healers per raid I've seen and been part of pugs giving as good as they get and having some bloody great matches that have been so close the PM's think they should have won or in some cases have limped away with sore ego's.

Often it's made worse by the players (pugs) not doing pvp before 60 so not having a clue about what to do in the WF's. Then the random matching places them against a PM who know what to do.

I'd like to see limiting of PM party sizes and making sure each raid has one. Otherwise no point in starting the WF it really does turn away new / returning players who are trying to learn their class in pvp and want above all else to enjoy the game.

Pvp is just poorly designed and the devs don't want to take responsibility for it anymore. Otherwise, we'd already have at least a hint of what is coming in the next expansion.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Champion of Telara

I only PvP until my quests are finished now as trion has officially said this is fair and how they want PvP to work. Oh well.

Every match now if my team doesn't win open zerg it's because of a premade even though half the time it's because they are terrible. There aren't many premades in this game if any that are overwhelming. What the op is dealing with is having a high elo so he gets put on a terrible team to balance out the bads. It's terrible design. Instead of matching high geared players with other high geared players it puts them in a team of bads

i agree with dday, it has everything to do with elo than premade being the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Every match now if my team doesn't win open zerg it's because of a premade even though half the time it's because they are terrible.
    EVERY SINGLE TIME, cq, wfs, w/e a loss it to happen is either because:

1. The other team are premades
    2. My class is the worst in the game, everyone else has op classes
    3. Its the gear's fault

IT NEVER ONCE WAS

1. Im not contributing enough, just slacking here spaming wf chat with toxic rage.
    2. I dunno how to play in pvp (cc, positioning, focus, and timing cds).
    3 i dunno how to play my class.

Yes, there are improvements to make in pvp, bunch of stuff wrong, BUT one of the most valuable kinds of improvement is SELF IMPROVEMENT, not only on individual skill, but on improving your competitive mindset during matches (which bagillions of ppl simply dont have) and on cooperation skills towards a goal.
    Thats the begining

But game is hard and pvp is broken and better qq on pvp forums and better get a "trion pls" sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacrim View Post
    EVERY SINGLE TIME, cq, wfs, w/e a loss it to happen is either because:

1. The other team are premades
    2. My class is the worst in the game, everyone else has op classes
    3. Its the gear's fault

IT NEVER ONCE WAS

1. Im not contributing enough, just slacking here spaming wf chat with toxic rage.
    2. I dunno how to play in pvp (cc, positioning, focus, and timing cds).
    3 i dunno how to play my class.

Yes, there are improvements to make in pvp, bunch of stuff wrong, BUT one of the most valuable kinds of improvement is SELF IMPROVEMENT, not only on individual skill, but on improving your competitive mindset during matches (which bagillions of ppl simply dont have) and on cooperation skills towards a goal.
    Thats the begining

But game is hard and pvp is broken and better qq on pvp forums and better get a "trion pls" sig.
    pretty much this. people give up so fast, yesteday i joined a bg and my team was down 200-3 and was pretty much quitting even though 3 or 4 players got added to each team. after face tanking thier bad premade in physician my team finally left the top and we went on to win.

the main problem is there is no reason to improve, just pop a pot and go in cq and you'll get max gear.

when i first played with the old p6 rank cap i would get my faced pushed in playing terrible specs...i read up, asked questions, switched from key board turning and got better. if i didnt i never would of made p6 and then p8 etc. now the grind is more about zerging in cq rather than getting better at your class. its painful to play on deepwood now seeing all the hk players with bis everything even though they are terrible
    Last edited by dday; 08-15-2014 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    I only PvP until my quests are finished now as trion has officially said this is fair and how they want PvP to work. Oh well.
    Yep, starting to play WoW again. Waiting on H1Z1, but rifts days are numbered for me. Was stuck til October, but it just seems too much like a job away from a job....now.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    i agree with dday, it has everything to do with elo than premade being the problem.
    Other than we have already seen this show and ques at that time was seperated to 3 or more was a pm and they tried to match with another pm (which few did). And we see what happened there. Both are a issue, as pms are still the minority (but being forced on the rest of the population).

Just like they stopped multiboxers and a month and a half later, allowed pms in with PuGs. Trion always does everything backwards, lack of foresight....plain and simple.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Expect nothing of your team and you won't be disappointed.

The better the opposition, the greater the impetus to up your game.

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

Premades revitalized Rift PvP which very nearly died. Its never going to be a pve raiders idea of a casual que system where everyone else solo ques and plays casually as well. There is, was and always will be people who organize and work together to take it to the next level. If you can not get on bored with that concept then you will continue to fail. All you really need is a buddy to que with and you will do fine.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Plane Walker

Premades aren't the problem in rift, its all the incompetent p90's that play this game. Very rarely do you get put against a premade while not having a premade on your team, and when you do the game usually (from my experience) matches you with other p90's to compensate for the lack of premade.

However 99% of r90's are people in bad specs, who have the reaction speed of snails, wearing the wrong crystal, healing or dpsing the wrong targets, these people are what is wrong with the current pvp and you can thank cq for most of this and the fact rift doesn't reward good play.
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

A premade shouldnt be allowed in pug wfs. Give the ranked 5vs5 queue same rewards as normal wfs
    "Did we just slip into some alternate dimension where I actually give a flying ducky about what you say and do?"

The major issue is, the lack of ability for others to adapt to a given situation, and the plethora of souls to choose from...if and when you see a cleric or Mage, which generally are the most capable of healing overall complain about no heals, there is an inherent issue with individual players not adapting.

Only issue with premades, is that they are already configured to maximize what same tools every individual has in the game. Does this mean I enjoy getting stomped by a premade, no, is it also an issue with the lack of ability to adapt on the overall communities part to do what is needed and to adapt to any given situation, yes.

Many people are more concerned with an invidual accomplishment of KBs and Overall damage than an outright Win, if winning were more meaningful, than people would adapt, till then it is meaningless, as is PvP in general where it concerns Rift, this is nothing new, I am confounded by why people keep saying that PvP is slowly dying in Rift.....it is already DOA, you're approx 3 years to late in that assessment.

I really can't speak to any new souls as I am not going to purchase them, please correct me if any new souls are as capable as the ones Mages and Clerics already had....but it still stands, lack of adaptability on the individuals.
    Last edited by TedO; 08-15-2014 at 09:03 AM.
    Elimination aka Gramps, formerly of MMAC, Squabs Squad, Mobile Death Squad,FoTM,Temporal Insurgence, Beep Beep Imma Jeep and Philanthropy

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast