+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Rift PvP is now just a trolls playground - Bring back Open World PVP

Rift Disciple

Default Rift PvP is now just a trolls playground - Bring back Open World PVP

Conquest is awful, pretty much everyone agrees that its just plain annoying, laggy and a pain in the *** to do.

Warfronts can still be fun but its a crapshoot if your going to get 1/2 a team of people in pve gear and a pre-made in relics on the other side working together with voice.

What happened to Open world PvP that was fun, challenging and different every time? Trion destroyed it by making conquest and allowing that to give rewards that made real pvp worthless. The only reason I personally do conquest and recommend others to do conquest is to get the buffs for PVE.

Bring back open world PvP and fraction based guild/team coordination, let the players decide what is fair and what is not, let us decide when to fight or Gank or raid each other. The give us the same rewards that you give for Conquest and stop make us troll for pvp fun....
    Zzargo - DA -
    !!FIST!!
    <Shadow Embassy>

Quote Originally Posted by Zargo View Post
    Conquest is awful, pretty much everyone agrees that its just plain annoying, laggy and a pain in the *** to do.

Warfronts can still be fun but its a crapshoot if your going to get 1/2 a team of people in pve gear and a pre-made in relics on the other side working together with voice.

What happened to Open world PvP that was fun, challenging and different every time? Trion destroyed it by making conquest and allowing that to give rewards that made real pvp worthless. The only reason I personally do conquest and recommend others to do conquest is to get the buffs for PVE.

Bring back open world PvP and fraction based guild/team coordination, let the players decide what is fair and what is not, let us decide when to fight or Gank or raid each other. The give us the same rewards that you give for Conquest and stop make us troll for pvp fun....
    Agreed 100% but cq is Daglars baby and he'll never admit that a ton of people hate it nor let people avoid it and get the same rewards else where. It's a shame really. Now that seastone is adeadsever all pvp quests should be on seastone and more open world pvp added so people can port there and do it

I think it would be a big game of stealth styled hide and seek. More importantly, the players killed World PvP not the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Agreed 100% but cq is Daglars baby and he'll never admit that a ton of people hate it nor let people avoid it and get the same rewards else where. It's a shame really. Now that seastone is adeadsever all pvp quests should be on seastone and more open world pvp added so people can port there and do it
    They will say what they always say now, "some ppl blah blah", best way to remain stubborn and cater to minorities. Under performing, slow dying game that will last for years....
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    I think it would be a big game of stealth styled hide and seek. More importantly, the players killed World PvP not the devs.
    The devs set the environment. Therr was plenty they can (could have done), they just refuse to, as they are happy when PvP fails. So, they can said "I told you so..."
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 08-15-2014 at 05:15 AM.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Perma stealth needs to go. Open world pvp was amazing in rift, the devs killed it not the players. No attention, No rewards, and then I'm sl simply deleting it lol

Rogues dtealth ganking and grave camping lowbies killed world pvp.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Perma stealth needs to go. Open world pvp was amazing in rift, the devs killed it not the players. No attention, No rewards, and then I'm sl simply deleting it lol
    Open transfers probably killed it faster, but the people who bailed immediately were likely to have rerolled, never left town, or quit anyways, xfers just kept them as a paying player longer.

The other type of people who left the PvP servers were probably the ones that wanted to raid and PvP but couldn't ever complete their raid rifts. Which conveniently are no longer mandatory for progression in SL.

Rift Chaser

Open World PvP died far before Conquest came along. There was a little more of it after F2P hit just because of an increase in Rift players in general. Players killed it, lack of interest, no content providing encouragement to bother.

I love (purposeful) world pvp.

World pvp where you have to control terratory in order to xp
    World pvp for realm/guild bonuses.
    World pvp for items.

But world pvp opens the largest can of rage and troll-dom which I don't think this community can handle.

So drop the dreams and stay safe inside your city while you queue your way though life.

YOU ARE NOT READY

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    The devs set the environment. Therr was plenty they can (could have done), they just refuse to, as they are happy when PvP fails. So, they can said "I told you so..."
    Yes they set the environment, and they gave everyone a ton to do.....OWPVP, in a huge world where many players once roamed.
    Problem is the level 60 rogues werent fighting people that were a challenge, they'd corpse camp level 20s in Stonefield all darn day. iirc there were developer talks about totally shutting down Seastone because of the issue.

If you truly enjoy pvp there is no carrot needed or any reward needed, the reward is killing the players, people shouldnt need to be "rewarded" to do what they claim to love.

So yes, the devs set the environment, gave a little behavioral faith in the community and the community could show no restraint or have an ounce of morality. Players killed it.

Shadowlander

So yes, the devs set the environment, gave a little behavioral faith in the community and the community could show no restraint or have an ounce of morality. Players killed it.
    This sums it up nicely, ppl just take advantage any way they can. Forced mentoring would help with some of this and is doable as the basics are in place to achieve this.

I'd like to see some level 60 PvP rifts since the last ones we have are for the old continent. Would add some spice into the PvP world or at least give us something different to do.

I agree 100%. Give pvpers liberties and they will ruin games.

The problems with rift pvp aren't just the lack of content, progression and purpose but emphasis on fun with a lack of rules and fairy play.
    It's not easy to have fun in PvP when you're playing a free for all with little to no emphasis on balance, matchmaking, repercussions for griefing/spawn camping/afking, pking, rules on premades etc.
    Last edited by toodles; 08-16-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Open world pvp content is very unlikely because it cause a lot more toxic behaviours in community. Not to mention issues with boolstering and ganking undergeared or low level players.

They are not going to risk losing players because some fully geared nerd wants to "normalize" newbes or zerg them at questing areas.

The best they can do is try to promote more balanced teams in random Warfronts. Like placing some information or even guides which explain how many healers and supports is usually needed for specific map and why running dps or full tanks only can harm your team, etc.

Maybe with proper guides and informations pugs will try to adapt more with their roles instead of playing 20k hp dps with few empty slots.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zargo View Post
    What happened to Open world PvP that was fun, challenging and different every time? .
    This was never the case. If you remember it this way you were in a bubble or you have the rose-colored nostalgia glasses on. Open world PvP was never good in Rift and never will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I will be utterly shocked if the servers aren't shut down completely within the year. ~Thiuss@Seastone 1/10/2013

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast