+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New PvP Daily Area

Default New PvP Daily Area

The World of RIFT is vast, and when ever I explore an area I think of how PvP action pack it would be for that specific area to be a Battle ground or Daily pvp area(instead of the same 2). Its been a while so I think it calls for creation of an area to do some new dailies for a more open PvP/PvE like experience.

Grasping the average gamers attention is not easy, but if they added 2 more rather than just one, people would have more of a focus and more fun rather than complain. It would speak volumes, the right location, the right Map---->
    I think it would be Awesome. I have a few in mind but there are probably some who have a wider exploring bone in them, and I'd like to hear some of y'alls ideas.

A fun and exciting experience isn't easy to come by with little to do, or repetitive gaming.. I #Vote for 2 new "PvP Daily" areas with 3 objective as the others, and whether people complain or not, I know the true PvP'ers/New comers of the pvp world would enjoy it as they enjoy what we already have.

Receive this in mind(Trion), I think this would be Grand for a closing year.
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

No pvp quests on pve shards, make multiple pvp quests on seastone that reward cq marks and favor. All different areas. Force people to port to seastone to engage in pvp.

I would make the pvp daily areas larger before pushing everyone to such a small space.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    No pvp quests on pve shards, make multiple pvp quests on seastone that reward cq marks and favor. All different areas. Force people to port to seastone to engage in pvp.

I WANT to see world pvp again, it was good times.

However... do you think if re-introduced like your idea that it would just become a lame-o gank fest?

Quote Originally Posted by wylwrk View Post

However... do you think if re-introduced like your idea that it would just become a lame-o gank fest?
    OPvP was always 'lame-o-gankfest'.

Quote Originally Posted by wylwrk View Post

i would want stealth to work like nbs stealth, 30 secs max.

also you could have multiple quests like capture points, steal resources, attacks cities etc etc etc. so ganking is whatever but you could have things for team play. i would subscribe for a year if they did this and made it so i never had to go in cq again. just pvp quests. also make it in a smaller area so you couldnt avoid pvp. also make the rewards better than anything pvp wise since it would be bigger risk. lastly make all the rewards pvp only so pvers dont feel the need to do it.

also there would be no way people would switch sides all the time since there are so many servers and the guards defiants would be relatively even. i wasnt like before when some shards were dominated by guards while other defiants

I'm loving the idea of using seastone more for pvp that people are bringing up. Its a PVP shard and peeps should be encouraged to transfer to it to get their pvp fix

Idea #1:

PVP Dailies are only available to aquire and complete on seastone

Idea #2:

PVP IAs on Seastone! This is more for 3.0 when they have the "mentor up" capacity, as it will be best with a large group and the flexibility of focusing the population to particular zones. In this way you could bring back pvp rifts in the old zones as part of the PVP IA rotation! The basic idea is that PVP IA will have some pve objectives, but opposing groups will cross paths that are of similar population numbers. Those that finish their objectives first get a say a 10% boost to their rewards! In this way every single IA isn't necessarily pvp based, but when they cross paths they definitely will be!

Idea #3:

"Open World Conquest" is actually on seastone rather than in an instance! Real open world pvp does pit you against other players whilest allowing pvpers to use the dangers of the environment as well! The easiest way would be to make conquest a "zone event" so other zone events wont occur at the same time. People could still join conquest via the queue, or they could manually enter the area. By entering the designated conquest area, you are automatically assigned a group just like the LFG feature for conquest. If however, there are too many participants, the player will be teleported to their respawn point until the queue puts them in. In the event there is significant overflow, you could allow another conquest to start in stillmoor or steppes, whichever is inactive. With 3.0, you could add another conquest zone to give more variety, but but using seastone you truly bring conquest into the open world!

Idea #4

A great 3.0 idea would be Guild vs Guild open world battle declarations! In another game I played, a declaration could be made by a guild against another guild. If the guild leaders accept, then both leaders pick their prefered zone, and then a coin is "tossed" to determine which zone is used as well as which major designated hub that guild will use for respawns! With the 3.0 mechanics, a guild could be appropriately mentored to that particular zones level range either up or down so all guild members can participate! The last game that did this that I played used a very simple method: Players in the guild had 10 minutes to queue up once it was announced to both guilds. Once a player died 5 times they become frozen in their respawn point. The guild with the most kills or complete annihalation of the other guild at the end of a timed period (usually 15 minutes), won the round, with there being two rounds total unless there was a tie (then the final round was the first guild to X number of kills). Again you could tie in pvp rifts here to give the guild a %bonus to various stats for number of crystals turned in and a big boost for closing the rift. Lots of possibilities! Part of the guild window could be used to track guild vs guild pvp rankings and award pvp bonuses for various rankings! It would be a great way to finally bring in guild vs guild competition in pvp as there is already in pve!

Idea #5

Random Warfronts to utilize pvp dimension! Let pvp dim creaters showcase their dimensions once a week! Every week a different pvp dimension could be selected by the devs to be part of the random warfront queue! How honored would it be for a pvp dim creater to have theirs be part of that rotation for the week! While the dim's are part of the rotation for that week, the owner is locked from editing it just to be practical. There could be a special currency or award for participating in this extra variable pvp dimension like other warfronts have their special rewards via notoriety! I think a great idea would be to have a notoriety that is for a store that offers even more pvp themed dimension items!

Idea #6

Arena's as a showcase for smaller group competition! The easiest way would be for teams to register in advance and do a simple bracket system for competing teams! The reward is simple: REX. Anyone in the game can use REX and competative groups should be rewarded with it! I think 5 vs 5 might be a bit too limiting though, and I think 10 vs 10 groups is more appropriate. The reasoning behind this is that the smallest groups for pve competition is 10 (really wish there was a T3 ten man btw!!), and that should more easily be reflected in pvp and allows greater group composition. Just make sure there is 2 of each class represented with the remaining 2 being wildcard classes so long as each wildcard is a unique class! I dont participate in arena style pvp myself, but trust me I would be soooo excited to watch TRION stream one so I can cheer on my favorite pvpers!

Thats all the pvp based ideas I have for now! There is plenty of room to grow in pvp. With seastone being a perfect opportunity to host many pvp focused things in the world, as well as the new mentoring and dimension mechanics to come with 3.0, the real question is "Why not?" I mentioned rewards that are very appropriate for each, it brings back utility to some old pvp mechanics and events by incorporating them in larger scale pvp as well! The smaller scale pvp events honor exciting pvp dims as part of the random warfront rotation and its corresponding pvp notorieties focused on pvp dim items and perhaps other rewards, and arena competitions using rex as its easy reward doesnt REQUIRE pvpers to compete in arenas to progress, but rather to showcase their team with an appropriate reward

Happy RIFTing!

~Xeno
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

I like the idea.

I wish they'd look at DAoC's rvr (realm vs realm) and implement that playing field. That was OPEN world pvp at it's finest imo.

You could siege an enemy tower, take it over, bunker you and your small team inside and announce to everyone "come and get it!"

Hours of good times.

Would love for there to be some kind of incentive to flag up and pvp in IPP and Shimmersand, so I could finally finish off those old world 'kill 1000' achievs without having to slaughter farm seastone lowbies.

Prophet of Telara

New daily pvp quest inc. Kill 3 bosses in the CQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Shadowlander

Just make pvp dailies only completable in pvp shards -> winwin
    zz

Quote Originally Posted by Glitches View Post
    PvE players can not have walls and barriers, only PvPers can have the walls and barriers. Good luck, tho....lol.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    PvE players can not have walls and barriers, only PvPers can have the walls and barriers. Good luck, tho....lol.
    PvP content for PvP@shards.
    PvE for Carebear@shards. You want WPvP you hop PvP@shard, easy.

Also they got stuff on Carebear@shards we don't have on PvP@shards.

Anyway since we got shard hopping i don't see reason to scatter people who want WPvP among many shards, if we can keep them in one sandbox, they always can shard hop back to their cross faction guildies on their mother shard after they will be done with PvP.
    Last edited by Morwath; 08-18-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitches View Post
    Aren't those quests just for faster pvp gear farm? Doing this reduce amount of people who want try pvp even more.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Redna View Post
    Aren't those quests just for faster pvp gear farm? Doing this reduce amount of people who want try pvp even more.
    most players wouldn't repeatedly gank a non geared player unless there is nothing else to kill, to complete 25/25
    making pvp dailies only completable in pvp shards would mean more players to choose from
    the undergeared could get help from those in their own faction which most probably makes them able to complete their dailies
    Last edited by Glitches; 08-19-2014 at 04:14 AM.
    zz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast