+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: The PVP in this game feels pay-to-win.

Rift Disciple

Default The PVP in this game feels pay-to-win.

You pay $15 a month to play WoW and you can literally have competitive PVP gear after a couple weeks of casual farming.

Rift is the polar opposite. You can either buy crates and boosts, or you can wait 3 months to slowly build your items because Trion has set it up to where a new player can only earn so many Warlord's Marks per week, meaning it could easily take the average player months just to have competitive gear.

If it comes down to spending a small fortune on boosts, and depleted supply crates, or subscribing to WoW and actually feeling rewarded for my actual game-play, and not greatly hindered due to being a new or returning player I'm going to choose WoW every single time.

I don't know anyone who wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaUnicorn View Post
    You pay $15 a month to play WoW and you can literally have competitive PVP gear after a couple weeks of casual farming.

Rift is the polar opposite. You can either buy crates and boosts, or you can wait 3 months to slowly build your items because Trion has set it up to where a new player can only earn so many Warlord's Marks per week, meaning it could easily take the average player months just to have competitive gear.

If it comes down to spending a small fortune on boosts, and depleted supply crates, or subscribing to WoW and actually feeling rewarded for my actual game-play, and not greatly hindered due to being a new or returning player I'm going to choose WoW every single time.

Those of us not on food stamps?

It's actually RNG-to-win. Paying money gets you as much disappointment as the people playing for free.

Since this was my 1000th post I wanted to use it on something important, but then decided to troll anyway.
    Last edited by Aveleys; 08-13-2014 at 08:40 AM.

At least you stayed consistant with the first 999.

Thats how Free to Pay busines model works.

It's the biggest joke there is in pvp right now. I played non stop this weekend on my rogue and I gained 5 levels. P58 now. Prestige needs to disappear pronto

Ascendant

Or a catch up system.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Or a catch up system.
    the funny part is i would pay 20 bucks for p90 then simply earn my gear.

the prestige grind in this game is insane unless you camp out in cq all day every day which is the least fun thing i could think of.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    the funny part is i would pay 20 bucks for p90 then simply earn my gear.

the prestige grind in this game is insane unless you camp out in cq all day every day which is the least fun thing i could think of.
    Current system is working as intended. The main reason to keep it is fact that otherwise loyal bads wouldn't be loyal, because without gear advantage they would be nobody, stomped even by newcomers who have to be fodder for our 'vets' in current system.

Plane Touched

I play both and I tell you - screw gear equality. Gear equality sucks.

I choose RIFT because I queue WF's solo and do 2x-3x damage than an average player. In WoW I'm just another ilvl 550 warrior like everybody esle. I might do 20-30% better on meters, but nowhere near my super amazing and powerful RIFT rogue.

P.S. I don't P2W. I use boosts wisely and buy credits with REX.
    Last edited by Lothi; 08-13-2014 at 09:43 AM.

You missed the rng aspect for RiCs, which is used to upgrade to BiS gear. Or you can slowly grind the DiCs. Welcome to Rift PvP.

BTW which class and faction would you use the one time level 90 boost? I was thinking warrior or rogue, as they seem to be the golden children of most mmos now-a-days.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Honestly, only P70-90 ever felt like a grind, you can get to P60 on accident before you even really know what you're doing. And I'm actually starting to enjoy the lockbox RNG, I look forward to stacking all those dailies and weeklies, popping a potion and opening lotsa boxes. Even when you're P-capped and Myrm'd-out there's the joy of snagging an upgrade now and then.
    Last edited by digital shaman; 08-13-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Outside of RNG gear, you have to grind for Myrmidons...really don't see how "P2W" plays into that given you cant buy the top tiered gear otherwise.
    Elimination aka Gramps, formerly of MMAC, Squabs Squad, Mobile Death Squad,FoTM,Temporal Insurgence, Beep Beep Imma Jeep and Philanthropy

It's not pay to win but the grind is outrageous especially with rng tied to it

Quote Originally Posted by Lothi View Post
    I play both and I tell you - screw gear equality. Gear equality sucks.

I choose RIFT because I queue WF's solo and do 2x-3x damage than an average player. In WoW I'm just another ilvl 550 warrior like everybody esle. I might do 20-30% better on meters, but nowhere near my super amazing and powerful RIFT rogue.

P.S. I don't P2W. I use boosts wisely and buy credits with REX.
    Your post shows only why gear equality is good not bad.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TedO View Post
    Outside of RNG gear, you have to grind for Myrmidons...really don't see how "P2W" plays into that given you cant buy the top tiered gear otherwise.
    You dump money in Crates until you get a full set of BiS crit power gear, which you upgrade by doing usual PvP dailys and weeklys. Lots of money, little effort, best gear. Not P2W?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast