+ Reply to Thread

Thread: warriors double dip got nerfed in pve, lets see clerics get it in pvp

Shield of Telara

Default warriors double dip got nerfed in pve, lets see clerics get it in pvp

Shifting blades and arc are totally gimped by absorbs, because they double dip. It's only fair this gets normalized to be in line with every other class.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

i'm not really sure what you're asking for here. you want shifting blades/arc to work differently against shields in pvp? that seems fair to me. i am pretty sure brutalize (massive blow bleed proc) also double dips and is mitigated more by shields, so ~20-25% of shaman's burst rotation and a smaller portion of it's regular rotation is also gimped by shields.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Prophet of Telara

Funny thing is if the dev actually listened to those players he would have killed 3 birds with one stone and instead of lazily nerfing both skills because of scaling just revamped them to get rid of the problem and possibly fixed templord and other tempest indirectly as a result..common sense, out the door.
    Last edited by Planetx; 08-12-2014 at 11:02 PM.

They should really change all those skills and do more to help pvpers.

Honestly, I would like shielding to be on its own adjustment variable outside of healing so they can adjust Healing and Absorbs independently in 3.0.

Also in my play through I feel that block and deflect needs looking into as well. I haven't played in awhile but does block actually worked in pvp? I don't see it happening as often and it seems to only effect a small amount of offensive abilities vs. deflect which affects a greater amount of talents.

Armor rating adjustments should be made as well through bolstering imo. There is a lot that can be done to fix problems in pvp with little to no effort.. I just don't see why it isn't happening to be honest..

Too be honest I really hope in 3.0 (and I know this is a long shot) that Trion would consider allowing for independent pvp tags on abilitiies and changes of those abilities on the fly. This would make it so much easier for the player base to discuss changes with the devs and so much easier to balance in pvp without effecting pve. They could even independently buff underperforming soul specific talents in pvp instead of nerfing them so souls work better in pvp.. It looks like it may add a lot of variables and workload but from what I can tell specifically targeting ability buffs and nerfs would take care of a lot of the problems in pvp without breaking any other part of the game.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    i'm not really sure what you're asking for here. you want shifting blades/arc to work differently against shields in pvp? that seems fair to me. i am pretty sure brutalize (massive blow bleed proc) also double dips and is mitigated more by shields, so ~20-25% of shaman's burst rotation and a smaller portion of it's regular rotation is also gimped by shields.
    I didn't realize shaman also suffered this, but yes, that exact problem, but tethered to the main two warrior st dps specs. It should probably be the same across the board, right now is getting warded, which is fine... then the proc is reduced sometimes to literally zero. Give me a break @ puri ward or flame completely rocking every para and tempest in the wf by spamming 1 ability that has no cd.

There's almost no way to work around it as a paragon or paralord, aside from waiting for ff to pop sb (which usually doesn't help anyway)
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Ascendant

This wasn't fixed for raiders on Magcilian so it's highly unlikely it will be fixed for PvP.

+ Reply to Thread