+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: my idea to help chloro

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    That still doesn't solve the problem of two mage healers though on top of the mobility issue.
    So..them being equal to Phys, Sent, defi, is an issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Healing Torrent should be instant by default/talent and without any mechanics. Chloro doesn't have much problems keeping other people alive, his problem is self survivability. When Chloro needs to self-heal, he shouldn't waste time on Vile Spores/Void Life and will spam only direct heals so that he will not get neither Boon of Life stacks nor use Healing Balance stacks, so there won't be any buffts to his survivability in this suggestion. Ofc Chloro can hold off Boon of Life stacks but then he will gimp himself because he won't be able to use Nature's Touch which is his strongest ability for both ST and AOE healing veils.
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 08-15-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    So..them being equal to Phys, Sent, defi, is an issue?
    What? you drunk katosu unlike you to miss quote or single quote

you notice how i said it doesnt solve the problem. also two mage healers synthing themselves would be OP because they still do damage. image that at domination maps lol
    Last edited by dday; 08-15-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    What? you drunk katosu unlike you to miss quote or single quote

you notice how i said it doesnt solve the problem. also two mage healers synthing themselves would be OP because they still do damage. image that at domination maps lol
    and how is that different than 2 phys or 2 clerics healing each other?

if theres 2 healers holding a flag you shouldnt go anyone unless u know u can cc both. if u get killed by 2 chlros trying to solo them that's your fault.

here simple fix, when self synthing mage does zero damage.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post
    and how is that different than 2 phys or 2 clerics healing each other?

if theres 2 healers holding a flag you shouldnt go anyone unless u know u can cc both. if u get killed by 2 chlros trying to solo them that's your fault.

here simple fix, when self synthing mage does zero damage.
    on top of 0 dmg it should also be unable to use LE, since other healers cant. It would still be abused somehow most likely, so i doubt they will decide to make more mage improvements before 3.0 (just look at Cleric forums how much they complain about all the attention mages get atm)
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Telaran

The problem with all of this is that the chloromancer is primarily an AoE healer that can also ST not the other way around. If you want to compare chloros to anything, it needs to be to wardens and liberators. When compared to those two souls it fares much better in survivability. If you are using anything other than 5/5 opportunity there is your problem. Higher max health doesn't mean anything if you can heal it. Faster running doesn't mean anything if you can't heal while doing so. Opportunity procs fairly often despite the low percentage and with it you can survive most bursts from one good/geared player and a lot of bad/badly geared players. Any two decent players should be able to kill you because you are an AoE healer not a ST healer.

Everytime I enter a warfront I look around to see if I'm the only healer, and if I am, I kindly ask if a cleric or rogue could switch to ST healing. I do that because I understand what the chloromancer is and what it's supposed to do. The chloro's AoE healing is exceptionally good and provides DPS raid buffs and energy reduction. On top of that they have the strongest active healing debuff (Blight) in the game because it removes all HoTs on the target. I deeply enjoy watching these mighty ST healers drop soon after I apply it. Yes it's cleanable but the damage is already done even if it gets cleansed because all the residual HoTs, of which this game has gazillions, on the target have already been removed.

Chloros are not physicians, sentinels, defilers, or purifiers. Those are ST healing souls and if you tried to AoE with them you would be ridiculed for that. Chloromancers are fine and if they need a buff somewhere it should be in AoE healing because that's what they do. Healing on my chloromancer is the second most enjoyable thing in this game. Second to killing sentinels spamming healing communion because they are not AoE healers.

You will get all this survivability when wardens and liberators do and when the ST healing souls can AoE heal without severe penalties. At which point every healing soul will be identical, save some support abilities, and then everyone will complain that there's no difference. It would be better if Trion added 1 more soul to all the classes. ST healing (with all the survivability CDs that entails) for mages and warriors, AoE healing for rogue and something for the cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Krenan View Post
    The problem with all of this is that the chloromancer is primarily an AoE healer that can also ST not the other way around.
    Can Chloros pump out some great AE heals? Yes. However, Lifebound Veil/Synthesis strongly disagrees with your statement. Chloro does both ST and AE very well.

The problem is not Chloros ST output, which is fantastic, but rather its lack of self preservation when getting focused on in PVP.

Or put another way, Clerics and Rogues can self heal with the same efficiency that they can tank heal whereas Chloros can't since they can't self synth. Don't mistake this characteristic/quirk of Chloro healing for something that it is not.

That said, I think giving Chloros self synth would swing the pendulum all the way to the other side in terms of balance. Instead, as the OP and others have suggested, some small changes/tweaks would go a long way for Chloros in pvp.
    Currently playing- GW2, SMITE

Quote Originally Posted by Krenan View Post
    false.
    No idea where they get that chloro lack in st heals. Maybe coz half the chloros never swap veil, or synth anybody or they synth with wrong veil. Chloros NOT primary AOE healers, they can do both very good, even if somebody only PVE chloro, can be tank or raid healer as well. Chloros don't lack ST heal, they lack self healing. Synth + symb almost as strong as UT. Heal with LBV can procc like 8-10K on synth target.

Chloros no need better hps output, no need big changes in mechanics, only a few self defensive ability to became a bit more mobile. For example: Living shell could be a break free and damage reduction instead of absorb. Its absorb amount is pathetic tbh. Chloro desperate needs a spamable heal, like NH, if we look how weak its heals (in pvp) it can be spamable with ease (nature swiftness: reduce cast time by 33%/66%/100%)
    If we are afraid of self synth (a bit me as well) let us self symbiosis. Its high enough on the tree not available for hybrids. Or tie self synth with Living Aegis. Somebody advised this and I like this idea. I would like to see a change with natures fury as well, for example it could be a dot on 4 ppl talented with natures corrosion, so finally worth to use it at all.

And we all know veil users cant heal each other, so a team with more chloros will suck anyway. Its a very big disadvantage.

But if we look how many changes happened in mages in the past few weeks I don't give any hope to chloro change any soon. Maybe not until 3.0? For sure Kervik will work on clerics now.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Champion of Telara

Self synth is, in my opinion, too much and would make chloro too strong in pvp.

However, self cast symbiosis would be about right. Its not up all the time so wouldnt result in immortal mages everywhere.

It would be nice to have an insta cast toggle for natural healing but i dont see it happening. I deleted my heal spec on my mage, under focus im dead and any competent dps knows that.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Sheona is the best chloro EU.
    Now, I'm hurt. :P
    zz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4