+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aveleys

Thread: Ideas for Conquest

Soulwalker

Default Ideas for Conquest

Hello there!

I'm not sure if devs read these posts, nor if I'm posting at the right spot.

That said, I've noticed how much people find Conquests usually boring, yet necessary. Personally, I think that many things need to be improved in Conquests for them to be fun.

First off, I find it kinda ridiculous how there's just no "preparation time" when a Conquest begins. Basically, what it looks like, is just... the first raid to join the Conquest and jump on an objective will have the upper hand (at least in the Steppes of Infinity Conquest). There should be at least 10-15 minutes of preparation to give people the time to join the conquest, and organise their raid groups properly, so that every Conquest faction start on equal basis.

A second thing I've noticed, is how badly-formed the Conquest factions are. I mean, not in term of players, but the fact that there's no way to tract the movements of the other raids in your faction. Basically, there's just some guy that screams "ALL B!" in the Conquest channel, and then that guy hopes the raid will go there. What I'd suggest, would be that first, you elect someone during the 15 minutes of preparation that will be the faction's commander for that conquest. That person would be able to give commands to the different raids and track their movements, as well as to report them if they never obey the commands given. It could reduce the amount of favor they'd receive or something like that.

A third thing I'd like to suggest is the creation of a new profession, only for conquests and world PvP (Seastone). There should be a Siege Engineer profession, one that would craft ballistas, trebuchets, canons, maybe even traps, net-launchers (slow/root effect), and even walls and gates. The siege weapons would be usable by anyone (maybe even the enemy), though those with the profession would reload them faster. I think the weapons would have a slow fire rate, the projectile would be slow and visible, though it would do lots of damage to those hit. It would be a way to counter the mindless zergs and such, force them to take different paths, etc. Gates and walls would forced the enemy factions to take a different route, or bring their own siege weapons or pass a sufficent amount of time breaking down the gate/wall. The destroyed siege engines could be salvageable by both teams too, and I believe they would have to use materials found in PvE worlds.

I believe that with those changes/additions, it would add much more fun and tactics to the Conquest, and thus would turn what is a mindless grindfest into something really pleasurable, and I think more people would want to put real money on PvP stuff (so it'd be a win/win situation, both for the players and for Trion).

I have an easier more realistically implementable solution:

Delete it.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

There already is thread about CQ, few topics below.

Soulwalker

@Dahliablood If you've nothing bright to say, why do you even post on forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahliablood View Post
    I have an easier more realistically implementable solution:

Delete it.
    Just because carebear wow players like you cannot handle the intense strategy and skill required in conquest, doesn't mean trion should remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Just because carebear wow players like you cannot handle the intense strategy and skill required in conquest, doesn't mean trion should remove it.
    You cannot kill that which hasn't rendered.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkside View Post
    You cannot kill that which hasn't rendered.
    Obviously you don't zerg enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Haltar View Post
    @Dahliablood If you've nothing bright to say, why do you even post on forums?
    Don't know how to quote someone?

I don't even have to read your wall of text to know nothing you typed is very bright.

I post on these forums for the sole purpose of irritating self important boogers like yourself.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

+ Reply to Thread