+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Caeus

Thread: Stealth randomly cancels in PvP

Default Stealth randomly cancels in PvP

I play harb a lot, which has a 10 second stealth (Storm Shroud). Now I noticed that in PvP, the duration is actually random. Sometimes it lasts 10 seconds, sometimes it cancels somewhere halfway, sometimes it even cancels 1 second after I press it. To be clear: I am not talking about me getting damaged or affected by another player in any way. I even tested it on the graveyard in a few warfronts, and even there it canceled at random moments. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes. It happens to me on my mage, rogue and cleric, but not my warrior. I've never known why stealth would randomly end prematurely on any of them when I'm not taking damage. The only thing I do know about it, is that it's a bug that's been in place for quite a while now.
    Lockshock - 60 Mage R90
    Zeraxis - 60 Rogue R85
    If you need me, I'm on archeage now. Blight, on Inoch.
    Scratch that, it would be Blight on Thunderwing now, but I quit AA so I'm back as Lockshock on Vigil

look at your combat log.
    something I've noticed with warrior tempest stealth...

if you have been using DoTs, in particular aoe DoTs, and you happened to hit a pet (such as MM's Decoy) that was subsequently despawned by the death of the owning player. when that player re-summons that pet the DoT will still be ticking and the game seems to treat it as a recasting of the ability, causing your stealth to be cancelled.

this becomes more obvious if you happen to be stealthed near enough to the enemy spawn or enemy player when they re-summon the pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Champion of Telara

A better handling of stealth would be a random chance to delete your character on each use.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    A better handling of stealth would be a random chance to delete your character on each use.
    What non-stealth-able class/soul do you run?

Soulwalker

i don't see the problem then

Ascendant

It could be something like viral infection. Any time the physician heals someone you take damage, bringing you out of stealth. Lasts quite a long time.

I noticed this on my NB because its annoying getting out of combat, stealthing, then getting closer and being knocked out of stealth because they healed someone. Lasts like 10 minutes too if no one is debuffing.

+ Reply to Thread