+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 43 of 43
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: D. Poison

  1. #31
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    The correct response to the question is yes. Remove all passives from all classes.
    im fine with passive damage and healing its passive cc that i have a problem with. to passively prevent someone from playing is dumb

  2. #32
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Rift PvP needs stoneskin gear procs.

    These would be legit right? <--- (had a MT who bought these for $500 to use an expansion later for top progression lawl)

    Or maybe just give some of these out.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-12-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  3. #33
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wylwrk View Post
    That right there is the moment you lost your rebuttal.
    i honestly dont think people understand how support works and why you run support.

    the point of pvp is to first stay alive and to second kill your target. burst, dps, hps are all factors in this.

    support works in raids because everyone is doing max dps/hps and are on timed burst phases cds are blown to make support worth it over simply another healer/dps

    pvp doesnt have this, so though you think your buffs are really helping, how many times are all 15 within range? how many people have a debuff on them or are cc'd during your cds. how many people are playing the proper specs to max out your support?

    the reason BM is so OP in small scale pvp is because people work as a team and 1 player can really hurt the output of 2 players because of teamwork. this simply doesnt exist in pug wfs and you are better off helping assist targets because your net difference is in favor of playing dps/hps over support. BM is too micro to be a spec of choice in a WF with more than 5 people in it. however at the micro level its the most broken soul in the game.

    now archon on the other hand is dwarfed by BM in small scale but in larger scale its way better because of the ability to purge 10 people at once which greatly reduces thier damage all while cleansing your team which reduces thier damage taken. this is on top off most of the same buffs as a BM.

  4. #34
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    That sounds fun in a wf solo que for sure. you make him mostly useless while you in turn are useless outside of making him useless. pretty sweet play style

    bm is good in small scale pvp and it ends there
    Just stop already lol. It's okay to be wrong.

  5. #35
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Its not about draining Warriors. Its about obliterating blue bars.
    Blue bars needs counter too and not just Domi. RB drain is just a bit too deep in to the tree (4 points higher than D.poison) and if anything changes it will most likely be turned in to something like Storm Burst.

    Such change however would make it harder to couner, because you get more bursty drain instead of steady and you can choose when you want to active it so you can pop some weaker buffs first to prevent purging it. This can also cause other issues with some PvE encounters so I doubt we will see such change.

    Imho Storm Burst will rather be turned in to something like d.poison, though some avatars will have to be rebalanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

  6. #36
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Just stop already lol. It's okay to be wrong.
    Haha ok you dying to those bm assist trains a lot cup cake, I'm starting to see why people don't think you are a top tier healer.

    Again bm is disgusting in small scale but it's not in a normal wf, not even close. Pretty simple to understand considering its biggest utility in small scale in the sleep is useless in a normal pug

  7. #37
    Prophet of Telara Morwath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Blue bars needs counter too and not just Domi.
    Dps spec with the best escape mechanism in game and perma stealth for sure shouldn't have such utility. Its like giving Pyros a passive drain to their Fireballs. Utility for supports and tanks please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    RB drain is just a bit too deep in to the tree (4 points higher than D.poison) and if anything changes it will most likely be turned in to something like Storm Burst.
    Passive drains are the worst concept ever. There was a reason why Warriors lost their drain spec, even when it had no dmg and pretty low utility after removal of Subdue altogether with Soldier soul... So I really doubt it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    This can also cause other issues with some PvE encounters so I doubt we will see such change.
    It isn't issue. Poisons and/or other skills can work differenlty in PvP/E.

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Imho Storm Burst will rather be turned in to something like d.poison, though some avatars will have to be rebalanced.
    That would be the dumbest move ever.
    Last edited by Morwath; 08-12-2014 at 11:17 AM.

  8. #38
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Dps spec with the best escape mechanism in game and perma stealth for sure shouldn't have such utility. Its like giving Pyros a passive drain to their Fireballs. Utility for supports and tanks please.



    Passive drains are the worst concept ever. There was a reason why Warriors lost their drain spec, even when it had no dmg and pretty low utility after removal of Subdue altogether with Soldier soul... So I really doubt it.



    It isn't issue. Poisons and/or other skills can work differenlty in PvP/E.



    That would be the dumbest move ever.
    I could care less if they change Slip Away as long as they adjust c&d up time. Drains on dps specs are perfectly fine, especially when you can purge it. Drains on tanks are stupid, because you cant burst them down and you cant ignore them either. (pretty much low risk <-> high reward)

    Supports already have more than enough utility (at least most of them). Tanks needs defensive cds to protect others not offensive options. (squishy supports should be the one who may have more offensive cds)

    The issue are not values in pve and pvp but the active part on cd. This would require more focus and timing on specs which already have big min <-> max difference in dps. Basically, people would have to synchronize cds just like they do with interupts, but without options to backup due to how rare drains are compared to interupts.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

  9. #39
    Prophet of Telara Morwath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Drains on dps specs are perfectly fine, especially when you can purge it.
    1) Nope they are not, because DPS job is to pressure RED bar. If hes good at doing it, he shouldn't pressure OTHERS as good. Thats not his job.

    2) GL with purging Assassins bugged somewhere while defending Flags on Dominion maps. Keep in mind that game should be balanced around WFs, because they are the most common PvP experiance in Rift.

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Drains on tanks are stupid, because you cant burst them down and you cant ignore them either. (pretty much low risk <-> high reward)
    Deftanks shouldn't have damage, which wouldn't allow them to pressure RED bars directly. They should be pressuring DIFFERENT bars reducing offensive/defensive abilities of others to aid their team, since they have no ability to kill or even survive on their own.

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Supports already have more than enough utility (at least most of them).
    Thats probably why we see Bard/Tactican/BM/Oracle/Archon in each WF...? Its mostly because picking one in most cases is equal to gimping your team and reducing your chances to win and usualy they are played by undergeared players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Tanks needs defensive cds to protect others not offensive options. (squishy supports should be the one who may have more offensive cds)
    Yes and... no.
    With variety of souls we could have both Deftanks and Offtanks (Warlord?) used for completly different purposes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    The issue are not values in pve and pvp but the active part on cd. This would require more focus and timing on specs which already have big min <-> max difference in dps. Basically, people would have to synchronize cds just like they do with interupts, but without options to backup due to how rare drains are compared to interupts.
    Its more of separate effect/skills in PvP/E. Retribution is great example of only PvP skill, while AT after nerf is great example of skill designed for PvE.

  10. #40
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    1) Nope they are not, because DPS job is to pressure RED bar. If hes good at doing it, he shouldn't pressure OTHERS as good. Thats not his job.

    2) GL with purging Assassins bugged somewhere while defending Flags on Dominion maps. Keep in mind that game should be balanced around WFs, because they are the most common PvP experiance in Rift.



    Deftanks shouldn't have damage, which wouldn't allow them to pressure RED bars directly. They should be pressuring DIFFERENT bars reducing offensive/defensive abilities of others to aid their team, since they have no ability to kill or even survive on their own.



    Thats probably why we see Bard/Tactican/BM/Oracle/Archon in each WF...? Its mostly because picking one in most cases is equal to gimping your team and reducing your chances to win and usualy they are played by undergeared players.



    Yes and... no.
    With variety of souls we could have both Deftanks and Offtanks (Warlord?) used for completly different purposes.



    Its more of separate effect/skills in PvP/E. Retribution is great example of only PvP skill, while AT after nerf is great example of skill designed for PvE.
    I find it funny how you find the place for tanks and off tanks with difference purposes but dps as pure red bar workers. Guess what, not every dps have the same purpose hence they may have more or less unique abilities.

    Not all tanks are as bad as you claim, my 61 Paladin can even kill some Sins 1vs1 (depending on rng with their poisons and gear difference) They are just worse when you cant proc the attacks which require block.

    Warfront maps are not all about flags and nothing stop players from helping others at different point. Most people is just lazy and they want to be the one who make most dps rather than carring about the team objectives.

    I see enough of supports usually, Bard is the worst now atm due to poor hybridization potential, unlike Oracle which also provide bonus aoe cleanse. Supports arent useless, but most people simply prefer dps. Even if their specs have purge (like MM for example) most people hardly use it, because they are too concerned about their dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

  11. #41
    Sword of Telara Thedarkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    829

    Default

    D. Poison in the Hizzle.

    They call me D.Poison the venomous

    The I spew the intelligent, pestilence

    Now sit back and watch my elegance

    I am relentless and treacherous

    People being drained by their negligence

    I am your nemesis call me tetanus.

    Now watch as i genesis with your look of helplessness.

    I could do this all day but it's already evident of my excellence


    Edit. Venomous rhymes with a ton of words XD
    Last edited by Thedarkside; 08-12-2014 at 03:07 PM.

  12. #42
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    We just need a freestyle thread (where everything is written of course).
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  13. #43
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Why BM when you can strip entire raids with Cabalist?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts