+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bound to account pvp items (RIC e.g) are wrong.

Shadowlander

Default Bound to account pvp items (RIC e.g) are wrong.

Will keep it short and simple.

To many players, PVP is their raiding, the main reason they play the game.

It's bad enough that the Myrmidon relic path uses Warlord Marks (instead of Myr...) and that these can be purchased with credits, bypassing the need to earn marks and even more so, months worth of favour to fully upgrade to relic.

This cannot be done in PVE, so why allow it in PVP?

Same goes for account bound Radiant Infinity Cells.

There are a bunch of players that run raids on alts, simply to grab the RIC and send to their main to upgrade their PVP gear. Again, you don't allow this in PVE so don't allow it in PVP.

"Conquest Timer" gets called. I know of quite a few players that join, see if they are on the winning team and keep jumping and swapping to alts until they land on the right team, giving them a chance at the RIC from the winning chest and again, sending it on to their main. This is not how a game should be allowed to be played.

It's wrong. It takes away the sense of actually earning your gear, doing the hard yards. Also adds to the continued mockery that Rift's PVP receives.

I hope the 'big pvp changes in 3.0' comment takes store bought (highest tier gear) upgrade paths and account bound items into consideration.

edit: just as puzzling is how BiS PVE runes are tradeable yet the pvp runes from the lockboxes are BOP. Very little makes sense...
    Last edited by PeterVP; 08-10-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVP View Post
    Will keep it short and simple.

To many players, PVP is their raiding, the main reason they play the game.

It's bad enough that the Myrmidon relic path uses Warlord Marks (instead of Myr...) and that these can be purchased with credits, bypassing the need to earn marks and even more so, months worth of favour to fully upgrade to relic.

This cannot be done in PVE, so why allow it in PVP?

Same goes for account bound Radiant Infinity Cells.

There are a bunch of players that run raids on alts, simply to grab the RIC and send to their main to upgrade their PVP gear. Again, you don't allow this in PVE so don't allow it in PVP.

"Conquest Timer" gets called. I know of quite a few players that join, see if they are on the winning team and keep jumping and swapping to alts until they land on the right team, giving them a chance at the RIC from the winning chest and again, sending it on to their main. This is not how a game should be allowed to be played.

It's wrong. It takes away the sense of actually earning your gear, doing the hard yards. Also adds to the continued mockery that Rift's PVP receives.

I hope the 'big pvp changes in 3.0' comment takes store bought (highest tier gear) upgrade paths and account bound items into consideration.

edit: just as puzzling is how BiS PVE runes are tradeable yet the pvp runes from the lockboxes are BOP. Very little makes sense...
    so you want to make it worse for the people who have zero luck getting RICs?

and what hard work are you talking about, your overall performance in cq is not gonna determined if u get a RIC or not its all random.

Pretty sure that RICs period were BoA.

Also news flash...without the RICs and other PvE related stuff in CQ (CQ power) the CQ population would drop through the floor. From day 1 they have incentivized CQ to get PvEers to queue up. Rift's PvP receives the attention that the bean counter says it does based on comparing the participation rates in both PvE and PvP.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

RiC were exclusively a PvE drop, only added and required by PvP as an afterthought. They're used on both sides of the fence, yet MUCH easier to obtain thru PvP.

Off the top of my head, a raider only has a chance per week to get one from:
    Crucia, Regulos, Hardmode Xaviel, HM Gelidra, HM Kain

PvPers get a shot at one every ~hour and a half, plus your Guns for Hire chest and Depleted supply crates.

I legit have 5 extra RICs on my full relic geared rogue. Gonna start deleting them soon since too much wasted bag space.

I love having the best gear without any effort or participation in the game cause of rng luck.

What a quality game.

PVP gear is already 2 tiers below PvE, what else could one want?
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Plane Touched

Personally, I think it should be like how Warhammer Online did loot after a keep take. Depending on how well you did you get a chest. Normal scrubs get a Bronze Chest, People who capped some stuff, killed some people get Silver. The truly awesome get a Gold Chest and the top 5% get the Platinum chests.

Now, each time you don't get the plat chest you get a boost to the next time you play so that eventually you will get the plat chest.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Baian View Post
    Personally, I think it should be like how Warhammer Online did loot after a keep take. Depending on how well you did you get a chest. Normal scrubs get a Bronze Chest, People who capped some stuff, killed some people get Silver. The truly awesome get a Gold Chest and the top 5% get the Platinum chests.

Now, each time you don't get the plat chest you get a boost to the next time you play so that eventually you will get the plat chest.
    It did a /roll with a bonus based on participation. The guys who did the most could still get RNG screwed.

All PvP stuff should be Bound to Account.

Plane Touched Brakkish Hammerfist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVP View Post

"Conquest Timer" gets called. I know of quite a few players that join, see if they are on the winning team and keep jumping and swapping to alts until they land on the right team, giving them a chance at the RIC from the winning chest and again, sending it on to their main.
    Guilty! And not ashamed one tiny bit that I did all the work to level that many toons to be able to do so.

Nothing stopping you or anyone else from doing the same thing. Put in the time, reap the rewards. (But since CQ sucks nuts, I prefer to let the premades do the work, log in at timer, and collect RIC's)
    Last edited by Brakkish Hammerfist; 08-11-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    All PvP stuff should be Bound to Account.
    Agreed, I hate that if I want to gear up my rogue I need prestige that I've already done twice.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    PVP gear is already 2 tiers below PvE, what else could one want?
    And look at the difference between our tiers gear stats along with the 8o%+- damage reduction ... no need to slow down this level of gear progression or worry about what you consider short cuts.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    It did a /roll with a bonus based on participation. The guys who did the most could still get RNG screwed.
    Yes but every time you didn't win the chest you got a buff that increased your chances the next time.

Also, it did reward players actually participating more than those just AFK'ing the whole time. I don't care if Trion adopts my solution or not but the problem needs to be addressed. Players that play the CQ and do things that actually help the team win should have better rewards than the random player that AFK's the whole time or just joins in the last minute of the CQ.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Baian View Post
    Yes but every time you didn't win the chest you got a buff that increased your chances the next time.

Also, it did reward players actually participating more than those just AFK'ing the whole time. I don't care if Trion adopts my solution or not but the problem needs to be addressed. Players that play the CQ and do things that actually help the team win should have better rewards than the random player that AFK's the whole time or just joins in the last minute of the CQ.
    There are timer joiners (guilty) but there are also people who just log in, see CQ is running and join, while it happens to be at timer (done that too). How do you effectively punish group one without punishing people who have poor timing or limited schedules?

Plus how many times does a team win because the wave of timer joiners starts capping extractors that the main zerg can't reach effectively?

Plane Touched

It's wrong. I wouldn't want to level scrub alts just to funnel RICs to my main character. Thankfully, my character doesn't need RICs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast