+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: I can't wrap my head around the lack of self awareness of War/Rog whining about Pyro.

Champion of Telara

Default I can't wrap my head around the lack of self awareness of War/Rog whining about Pyro.

I mean it just boggles my mind how intensely self centered one must be to play the callings that have been the unquestionable top of the PvP food chain for almost a year and then get mad because Pyro is now competitive in PvP.

You got hit so hard? Welcome to facing Sin/Paragon/Warlord/NB as Mages/Clerics.
    You couldn't run away? Welcome to facing Sin/Paragon/Warlord/NB as Mages/Clerics.
    You died in PvP? Welcome to facing Sin/Paragon/Warlord/NB as Mages/Clerics.
    You weren't top DPS and Kills? Oh my gosh!

The sense of entitlement.....

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    I mean it just boggles my mind how intensely self centered one must be to play the callings that have been the unquestionable top of the PvP food chain for almost a year and then get mad because Pyro is now competitive in PvP.

You couldn't run away? Welcome to facing Sin/Paragon/Warlord/NB as Mages/Clerics.

They will pop in here and attempt to justify this behavior as well.

It's as if they believe that most Pyros being free favor is somehow acceptable.

Mages/Clerics.
    Mages/Clerics.
    Mages/Clerics.
    What classes do you play?
    Surely not mage and cleric? otherwise I would have to rule out everything you say as watered down bias a long with everyone else who accidentally stumbled into another one of your super informative and important threads.

Also, pyro may have been hurting. But Dom surely has never been in pain. And I just did some warfronts with an inq and a shaman. and Im pretty sure they ***** anything they touched.
    Last edited by Pocketzoar; 08-10-2014 at 04:39 AM.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Ascendant
    Last edited by Katosu; 08-10-2014 at 07:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

some stuff...
    What rogue/warrior slipped away/ used alacraty in your cereal again?
    All of them, running a premade group?

I hear CCing during cooldowns is really hard.

I really wish you'd queue when my trio queues since you love premades so much.
    Last edited by Riane; 08-10-2014 at 09:49 AM.

After a year+, paper finally made scissors dull. #rockon

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I hear CCing during cooldowns is really hard.

I really wish you'd queue when my trio queues since you love premades so much.
    Yeah getting facerolled by a couple of Warriors with links and heal spam would sure teach me a thing or two.

Quote Originally Posted by digital shaman View Post
    After a year+, paper finally made scissors dull. #rockon
    Best quote ever 10/10
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

Yeah getting facerolled by a couple of Warriors with links and heal spam would sure teach me a thing or two.

Sounds like a L2P issue if you're not purging and/or finding the weaker targets to force heal CDs on those and then swapping back to the more dangerous targets.

Complain more.

Don't worry, I'm sure it will get nerfed. They always get what they want.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure it will get nerfed. They always get what they want.
    The original Nysyr's lasted what, three weeks? Kills Rogue, too stronk!

I've been saying from day 1 of the new pyro update that "Pyro's are fine, they can just actually hit like Warriors, Mages and Clerics now in a more efficient manner." Okay maybe not that word for word, but in a nutshell that has been my stance. And I been nothing but Rogue for years. Mage needs more souls that hit and threaten like their Pyro does now. I know first hand as a Rogue, I can spec so many different DPS specs and lay out pressure in different fashions - certainly this day and age more pressure from melee than ranged in Rogue land - unlike a calling like Mages were able to do. They didn't have the amount of viable DPS options my Rogue did.

They finally have one soul hitting nasty burst (I mean it wasn't horrid before tbh) like some of the other souls from other callings and people cry bloody murder. As a Rogue, it sort of personally irritates me for the same reasons probably. If anyone can murder you from a distance and clock you out with some fiercely wicked nukes, it should be a mage imo. Pyro is working as intended imotbh.

edit: people have given great ideas that lead to death of these pyros you fear. They are highly fragile the higher they are nuking. A lot of their hardcore hits leave them open to eat some nasty CC's. Purges can cause them to have to rebuff and suffer downtime as they have some pretty significant buffs. It's like, there's 2 other ranged DPS souls that are viable team slots that have purges, or something. Ughz. I stick up for classes I have no personal vested interest in on principle alone. If people would walk the shoes of the souls that wreck them the most (ie. play them or actually learn them and how they go about executing their role) you would learn the best way to counter them and be much better at handling them on a 1 v 1 basis or in general when you spot one on the battlefield in an enduring battle.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-10-2014 at 02:00 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

right now a pyro who isn't getting intentionally focused should be able to do top dmg and kill, excluding a better geared pyro. position properly so that you can actually dps properly and just make sure you manage IC correctly

that being said, it is pretty easy to focus and shut down a pyro if you want to, as long as you have break free up. or if your healers know how to cleanse and dps know how to interrupt.

The original Nysyr's lasted what, three weeks? Kills Rogue, too stronk!
    Orginal Nesyr was OP as hell. If you caught healer w/o Break Free he was insta dead.
    Last edited by Morwath; 08-10-2014 at 02:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast