+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Somebody Call 911 .. Warfronts On Fire !!

lol yeah i'm terrible at everything in rift
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Annnd we're back to the 35m argument, nevermind that in half of WFs, getting 35m away from enemies is impossible... why would you think that a dagger, sword, or hammer ever SHOULD reach as far as a fireball or lightning bolt? Afterall, it IS magic.

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    glacial insignia doesn't hit hard enough for that

this is weird because it's been pretty easy to break down every single argument for keeping pyro exactly as it is into because mages.

mages get a thing because mages used to be bad at a thing. mages get the best dps from 35m and nearly the best (or the best) burst and four breaks because mages. instead of having balance we all have to take it up the *** for another month or so until it's adjusted because mages.

in the meantime i propose that vladd make all of 61nb's abilities 35m range and make twilight transcendence heal only 25% to compensate. seems fair because their dps and burst isn't as good, they have less mobility, less breaks, and less overall mitigation. gonna go pm vladd about this right now.
    Maybe you should hit something besides a dummy...I've seem multiple clerics besides inorx shred in the spec just like I see good mages like slowshot play pyro or nefy play warrior....at skill cap pyro is balanced.. Deal with it

I'm starting to think you are and now that u pve you are brain washed

Quote Originally Posted by digital shaman View Post
    Annnd we're back to the 35m argument, nevermind that in half of WFs, getting 35m away from enemies is impossible... why would you think that a dagger, sword, or hammer ever SHOULD reach as far as a fireball or lightning bolt? Afterall, it IS magic.
    so why can't 61nb have 35m range again?
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

QFT. Not even tryin to be mean, but on cleric pvp, yes, you kinda are. You used to excell at ganking ungeared newbies doing their dailies tho, I'll give you that.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Please tell me more about Inq's good CC! Also JP is not a 50% heal, it's 5 stacks of 10% heal that trigger if you are hit 5 times.
    Technically it should be a ~20% heal but nobody ever bothered applying the PvP debuff to it.

And yeah...inq CC really isn't all that strong, its got one of the only 3s hard CC left in the game, most are 4-5. And its channel is immobile.

so why can't 61nb have 35m range again?
    Because it has stealth, takes less damage better mobility, same burst, 20 meter range, aoe, hybrids well, spammable snare, instant drain....

Anything else?
    Last edited by dday; 08-13-2014 at 07:32 AM.

QFT. Not even tryin to be mean, but on cleric pvp, yes, you kinda are. You used to excell at ganking ungeared newbies doing their dailies tho, I'll give you that.
    feel free to school me on how to pvp as a cleric then. who are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Because itrange, has stealth, takes less damage better mobility, same burst, 20 meter range, aoe, hybrids well, spammable snare, instant drain....

Anything else?
    that all seems like a fair trade off considering the dps and burst dps is less. 61nb certainly doesn't take less damage though--it has no passive damage reduction whatsoever besides from fire and death attunement, only when TT is up, not sure where you're coming up with that.
    Last edited by ecru; 08-13-2014 at 07:34 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

I'm your father, now go clean your room. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    clearly pyro is the only ranged soul that melee Warriors and Rogues can't accept because it can actually hurt them.
    Fixed that for you

Tl;dr - buff Shaman's possibilities to stay in melee, make Ride the Wind break only roots without an additional talent higher in the tree (and remove Charge cost as well).

And if anybody continues complaining... FUSILLADE!

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Because it has stealth, takes less damage better mobility, same burst, 20 meter range, aoe, hybrids well, spammable snare, instant drain....

Anything else?
    Don't forget TT
    Last edited by DrkC; 08-13-2014 at 07:48 AM.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Technically it should be a ~20% heal but nobody ever bothered applying the PvP debuff to it.

And yeah...inq CC really isn't all that strong, its got one of the only 3s hard CC left in the game, most are 4-5. And its channel is immobile.
    IF anything is changed to increase damage in INQ then JP needs to go or needs a serious adjustment. I get tired of clerics trying to defend this, it's an OP version of nightblades TT, on half the cooldown with a reset. This all in a ranged dps soul that can build in a spammable self heal from justicar if they want.
    Last edited by DrkC; 08-13-2014 at 07:50 AM.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

A. Maybe every soul isn't supposed to counter every situation. (Paper rock scissors, anyone?)

B. Maybe you've gotten spoiled by runing easymode rogues.

C. Maybe you're just bad at cleric, and refuse to accept it or adapt.

D. All of the above.

The more you post, the further I lean towards D.

Rogues have stolen all the paper, rocks, and scissors... and they have no plans on returning them...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Plane Touched

because they still do more overall dps and equal or better burst from ranged than melee souls do in melee while not suffering any penalties for doing so besides having to channel every now and then

why does a ranged soul with more dps, more cc, and more escapes/breaks have more mitigation than a melee soul with less? it is a mystery. ~rift pvp~
    Why does a melee hybrid tank soul gets to:
    > keep 50% of a tank's soul gift while losing only 0.25% damage per soul point
    > have 6% reduced damage taken passives (2% from disorient), plus a 15% reduced ranged damage taken passive (which doubles up as passively applied AOE debuff (increases 12% damage taken)
    > get an oGCD self heal, oGCD snare, get a tank-like CD with half the cooldown of most tank versions (NPTD)
    > a 15% link, a MM-leap, a 15s/60s speed buff.
    > 1x ST + 1x AE 29m DR-ignoring charge-root (ST version removes movement impairment)
    > 1x ST + 1x AE 20m pulls (previously at lol 34m range)
    > have the highest AP/weapon contribution in the game
    > have high crit rates AND forced crits
    > BE that lets them spam their AE charge, force crit enabler (KotH), one of their strongest ST attack and skilling field for 15s/60s.
    > hit for nearly 80-90% of what a pure dps soul is able to, with 3 of their main DPS/burst abilities being oGCD (on 6s CD) while being much tankier, despite being a "hybrid" soul

All that without even considering sub-soul gains. That is a mystery indeed.

~RIFT PVP~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast