+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Somebody Call 911 .. Warfronts On Fire !!

DDAY, why do you argue with bads on these forums???? I dont get it. They dont know what they are talking about because they dont play the class.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    DDAY, why do you argue with bads on these forums???? I dont get it. They dont know what they are talking about because they dont play the class.
    it's an addiction i know, i just cant help it

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    para depends on crit rng to burst, yes. pyro obviously isn't nearly as dependent. regardless of that fact, pyro's sustained dps from 35m is higher than para, sin, nb, and shaman's dps from 3m range.
    I'm pretty sure,to get that 33-35k burst you mentioned Pyro needs lucky crits on Fusillade/CB/Fulminate, so it is crit dependant. And Para and Sham both have much higher crit chance than Pyro, I've posted mediocre crit change for 61 Pyro in WF earlier.

Only 10-15k of this burst (Fulminate/CB/Searing Bolt) are unescapable, other 15+k from Fusillade/Flame Volley/whatever can be stopped immediately with CC/interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post

Bro, Pyro is OP! I can only purge, interrupt, cleanse, melee pressure, and LOS them. BROKEN!!
    its overall dps will be nerfed due to pve chatter and complaints, regardless of the spec not being the best for all fights.

The rotation being based on abilities that can be lined up together at one time wont help the pvp qq for it being nerfed, even though the classes overall/soul's defense still is awful in comparison.

It isn't like no one saw this coming.

i don't agree that pyro is that squishy, 5% passive damage reduction from sc, 3% passive damage reduction and 12.5% end from arbiter, 20% damage reduction from heatwave, and the self shield give it a pretty good amount of ehp, way more than shaman, more than 61sin if heatwave is up (compared to cloak and dagger), possibly more than para, way more than 61nb with TT down, etc. it isn't the glass cannon people make it out to be.

there's innate fire too but i don't know how effective that is in pvp. i'm gonna test pyro's ehp tomorrow with a friend's account.

Quote Originally Posted by VolsalexR View Post
    I'm pretty sure,to get that 33-35k burst you mentioned Pyro needs lucky crits on Fusillade/CB/Fulminate, so it is crit dependant. And Para and Sham both have much higher crit chance than Pyro, I've posted mediocre crit change for 61 Pyro in WF earlier.

Only 10-15k of this burst (Fulminate/CB/Searing Bolt) are unescapable, other 15+k from Fusillade/Flame Volley/whatever can be stopped immediately with CC/interrupt.
    3 out of 10 abilities crit

http://i.imgur.com/XxhKrEz.jpg
    Last edited by ecru; 08-12-2014 at 11:08 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

i don't agree that pyro is that squishy, 5% passive damage reduction from sc, 3% passive damage reduction and 12.5% end from arbiter, 20% damage reduction from heatwave, and the self shield give it a pretty good amount of ehp, way more than shaman, more than 61sin if heatwave is up (compared to cloak and dagger), possibly more than para, way more than 61nb with TT down, etc. it isn't the glass cannon people make it out to be.

there's innate fire too but i don't know how effective that is in pvp. i'm gonna test pyro's ehp tomorrow with a friend's account.

Balanced class.

Ascendant

Claiming pyro isn't squishy because of the off souls is silly. Maxing damage gives none of those, and lots of specs could just toss 15 points at a tank tree and claim to be tough.

Tempest and ranger both get more Ehp from their tree, regardless of how they decide to use their off souls.

Although I could certainly see the argument being made that pyros damage is so good you don't Actually need to go glass cannon with the off souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Claiming pyro isn't squishy because of the off souls is silly. Maxing damage gives none of those, and lots of specs could just toss 15 points at a tank tree and claim to be tough.

Tempest and ranger both get more Ehp from their tree, regardless of how they decide to use their off souls.

Although I could certainly see the argument being made that pyros damage is so good you don't Actually need to go glass cannon with the off souls.
    10sc is the sub soul used for pve, the only difference is that you lose 4% crit chance to gain 4% damage and 5% damage reduction. 5 harb just gives you more sp.

but yes the damage high enough that going 5 arbiter probably isn't a major difference.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

10sc is the sub soul used for pve, the only difference is that you lose 4% crit chance to gain 4% damage and 5% damage reduction. 5 harb just gives you more sp.

but yes the damage high enough that going 5 arbiter probably isn't a major difference.
    ??

If you can't hand a pyro their *** in a 1v1 ecru despite their dps..I think it is time to call it a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Division View Post
    ??

If you can't hand a pyro their *** in a 1v1 ecru despite their dps..I think it is time to call it a game.
    it isn't about 1v1 but i'm mainly looking at this from the pov of shaman, i don't pvp on my rogue more than once every few weeks these days. shaman vs pyro ends up being a ranged fight as there's no way to stay in melee range for more than a few attacks vs a pyro that knows what they're doing.
    Last edited by ecru; 08-12-2014 at 11:46 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by Division View Post
    ??

It really depends what spec you are talking about. A sin/rs or a hybrid that dips into tanking souls for extra survival at the cost of burst will kill full glass cannons usually. Pyro actually has a good amount of inherited survival vs other straight glass cannon specs though.

Plane Touched

it isn't about 1v1 but i'm mainly looking at this from the pov of shaman, i don't pvp on my rogue more than once every few weeks these days. shaman vs pyro ends up being a ranged fight as there's no way to stay in melee range for more than a few attacks vs a pyro that knows what they're doing.
    So why aren't you making this more of a problem with shaman (aka it needs buffs to stay in melee) rather than one with Pyro? One does not simply tune down a soul to balance it again Shaman while not doing the same with Warlord/Sins/(insert other souls).

Right now you're basically telling us "shamans have a hard time against Pyros, therefore melee is unviable vs Pyros" which is bullsh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    So why aren't you making this more of a problem with shaman (aka it needs buffs to stay in melee) rather than one with Pyro? One does not simply tune down a soul to balance it again Shaman while not doing the same with Warlord/Sins/(insert other souls).

Right now you're basically telling us "shamans have a hard time against Pyros, therefore melee is unviable vs Pyros" which is bullsh*t.
    because they still do more overall dps and equal or better burst from ranged than melee souls do in melee while not suffering any penalties for doing so besides having to channel every now and then

why does a ranged soul with more dps, more cc, and more escapes/breaks have more mitigation than a melee soul with less? it is a mystery. ~rift pvp~
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    So why aren't you making this more of a problem with shaman (aka it needs buffs to stay in melee) rather than one with Pyro? O.
    because it is not like this with ANY OTHER ranged build. This is the problem. Even some of the main mages here admit that there is an issue with the number of complete CC breaks + movement boosts + CC that the build had.

Flicker (full CC break free + port) + Ride the Wind (full CC break free & + 50% run speed) + Heatwave (Full CC break free + 20% damage reduction) + Break free is pretty nuts.

All of the melee rogue and Cleric builds would be in this boat. Warriors have it easier BUT there there is a 20 meter v 35 meter issue.

Now Go to the other callings. Tell me ONE ranged build that has this many break frees. MM may match it mobility wise with the passive + active run speed boosts but it has ONE total CC break, that's it and it doesn't even come CLOSE on the dps front. No other calling has anything remotely close on this front, dead stop, and this is why it is a problem and if they suddenly gave every calling one everyone who runs melee would have apoplectic fit.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

it isn't about 1v1
    You are crying about pyro's dps and defenses..so yeah i think 1v1s should be taken into account if it theoretically has the whole package.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    It really depends what spec you are talking about. A sin/rs or a hybrid that dips into tanking souls for extra survival at the cost of burst will kill full glass cannons usually. Pyro actually has a good amount of inherited survival vs other straight glass cannon specs though.
    You can eat it up with a fresh 60 sin or paragon if played well..even ranger shouldn;t have a problem..

No..it isn't a l2p issue..this is coming from me hoping on a low prestige ranked 60 warrior and rogue eating them up. Forget about inq with an effective 100k hp...

Pyro didn't even gain more mobility, just that people are specing into sc because it was buffed rather than ele/harb. Before there was a heatwave reset before that could give you a double flicker.?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast