+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Wow, Trion has pvp backwards

Default Wow, Trion has pvp backwards

Sweet so now instead of going for heals first (that never seem to die because of how easy it is) we all know now to go for the pyros jumping around in the back. Although trion has this all backwards, atleast the pugs are now focusing on the dps...just not the ones in the back...

This is stupid funny how being on a team with more than 4 pyros is. They all nuke the target. I did a wf earlier where I was on the end of the gun and I can pop slip away at half hp and die in almost full relic myrm because they all decided to tab target me when i started going ham. I am not sure why slip away doesn't interrupt the cast on the current target (CONSIDERING THEY CAN"T SEE IT).

What were they thinking...I know pyro needed a buff but dammmmmnnnnn. Why not just nerf the overall healing (so that a healer will die to a full dps spec 1v1 in an appropriate manner), give pyro a slight dmg increase along with temp, nerf the purge spam fest we have going on atm, and be done with it? This is soooooooooooooooo easy to fix...I am starting to wonder if some of these guys listen to testers or even try things out before implementing them.

Currently the wfs consist of hybrid rogue tanks, warrior tanks spamming purge, pyro mages hopping around, and healers. That is how a p90 ranking wf is at about 10pm.
    Last edited by Osirian; 08-07-2014 at 10:23 PM.

pyros are not allowed to dps, back into the cave you go mages. you had your 15 mins of fame

Quote Originally Posted by Osirian View Post
    Sweet so now instead of going for heals first (that never seem to die because of how easy it is) we all know now to go for the pyros jumping around in the back. Although trion has this all backwards, atleast the pugs are now focusing on the dps...just not the ones in the back...

This is stupid funny how being on a team with more than 4 pyros is. They all nuke the target. I did a wf earlier where I was on the end of the gun and I can pop slip away at half hp and die in almost full relic myrm because they all decided to tab target me when i started going ham. I am not sure why slip away doesn't interrupt the cast on the current target (CONSIDERING THEY CAN"T SEE IT).

What were they thinking...I know pyro needed a buff but dammmmmnnnnn. Why not just nerf the overall healing (so that a healer will die to a full dps spec 1v1 in an appropriate manner), give pyro a slight dmg increase along with temp, nerf the purge spam fest we have going on atm, and be done with it? This is soooooooooooooooo easy to fix...I am starting to wonder if some of these guys listen to testers or even try things out before implementing them.

Currently the wfs consist of hybrid rogue tanks, warrior tanks spamming purge, pyro mages hopping around, and healers. That is how a p90 ranking wf is at about 10pm.
    why are you fighting around 4 pyros with no healer? imagine if 4 sins tabbed you would die to dots. this is probably why I dominate you across the board every wf I see you and I only have 2 relic

4 mage focus you down you come cry wolf on the forum asking for mage nerf.

4 random DPS focus you down... what then? No matter what class is focusing you, 4 DPS should be able to take you down easily. The fact that you are surprised Mages were able to do that to you fully justify the buff they received.

Nerf team work, but only mages

Champion of Telara

ITT: A Rogue whining that he died when 4 DPS targeted him.

Plane Touched Brakkish Hammerfist's Avatar

While I agree with some of the replies, that any 4 of X dps should be able to put a hurt on you; no reason to cry there.... but I DO see where it's a problem if pyro's are able to ignore slip away and it's not breaking the cast.

I haven't tested this on my rogue yet myself, but surely trion, it's not intended for mages to cast and target into slip away.
    Last edited by Brakkish Hammerfist; 08-08-2014 at 04:50 AM.

Rift Disciple

A sin all the more, and he is complaining his god Oh **** slip away button didn't save his life for the first time ever

Rift Disciple

I think the cast is stopped, but if the cast is finished, the rogue will take the missile if he slipped away in between

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkish Hammerfist View Post
    While I agree with some of the replies, that any 4 of X dps should be able to put a hurt on you; no reason to cry there.... but I DO see where it's a problem if pyro's are able to ignore slip away and it's not breaking the cast.

I haven't tested this on my rogue yet myself, but surely trion, it's not intended for mages to cast and target into slip away.
    All channeled abilities follow you into slip away.
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

Plane Touched Brakkish Hammerfist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Honeymoon View Post
    All channeled abilities follow you into slip away.
    This does not seem to be the case in all instances. Tested and confirmed while playing my INQ vs sins.

Specific example:
    nystrs rebuke indeed breaks upon the sin hitting slip.
    Last edited by Brakkish Hammerfist; 08-08-2014 at 05:00 AM.

This is nothing new. ST Channelled abilities continue channeling, even if you try to slip away. Save a Flame Volley for 'sins around 20% then kick back and enjoy those deliciously salty tears.
    Last edited by digital shaman; 08-08-2014 at 05:04 AM.

Ahh. Idk about nysyr's, nor have I tested new Fusillade, but Flame Volley has always behaved this way.

Champion of Telara

Nysyr's is cancelled on Slip Away, or sneezing, or a Warlord targetting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bra Hammerfist View Post

Maybe had countdown on him as well.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast