+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: [video] - Meduza - Pyro 2.8

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TedO View Post
    Although I personally prefer Pits (APBTs), I think that both Pits and Rotts can still be represented for what they are, tenacious and fierce on the attack, sadly Pits get a bad rep from irresponsible owners and mis-raised, I love American Pitbull Terriers and Staffordshires, we used 'em as tackle dogs/Still Hunters when we hog hunted in FL.
    There are websights for pit attack areas and where children have died to attacks or been mauled. While i do believe most of thst is due to the owners the breed is naturally combative and deadly. In the end an animal is still an animal in spirit. Lots of irresponsible owners out there.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Godgrinder View Post
    I think I saw at least one 13k crit.
    Well, I really looked past the one 15k crit on the victim with 21k health. Was like a marshmallow in a torch. I'm guessing valor and things weren't up to par.

Outside that, I didn't see the high numbers I've seen consistently over the weekend in WFs. The expectations have been set by past vids! I wanted to see things explode...

The numbers I've been noticing in WFs may be due to stacking crit power, which may take away from over-all sustained. Obviously, meduza's having no issue killing things. If he killed any faster, his fire may get put out from the tears shed. ;)

Always great editing and flow in the vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    Well, I really looked past the one 15k crit on the victim with 21k health. Was like a marshmallow in a torch. I'm guessing valor and things weren't up to par.

Outside that, I didn't see the high numbers I've seen consistently over the weekend in WFs. The expectations have been set by past vids! I wanted to see things explode...

The numbers I've been noticing in WFs may be due to stacking crit power, which may take away from over-all sustained. Obviously, meduza's having no issue killing things. If he killed any faster, his fire may get put out from the tears shed. ;)

Always great editing and flow in the vids.
    Heh well I'm sure I'll make another one with bigger numbers and more enemies. I wasn't too picky with this one .. wanted to get it out as quick as I could.

Some of the clips I was messing with 13 sc, 2 Dom.. lose 6% sp.. but pick up thunder blast (no gcd 2-3k dmg every 15 sec), and 0.5 sec cast reduction on next spell after using a hard cc. So smaller numbers but a few more of them.

Still wondering if this is better than 12sc 3harb.

Also wondering if maxing crit % with sc/ele would be a dps gain at a certain amount of crit power. Would be cool if someone parses these 3 builds with different amounts of sp / cp

Meduza@Deepwood - [YouTube]

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Meduza View Post
    Heh well I'm sure I'll make another one with bigger numbers and more enemies. I wasn't too picky with this one .. wanted to get it out as quick as I could.

Some of the clips I was messing with 13 sc, 2 Dom.. lose 6% sp.. but pick up thunder blast (no gcd 2-3k dmg every 15 sec), and 0.5 sec cast reduction on next spell after using a hard cc. So smaller numbers but a few more of them.

Also wondering if maxing crit % with sc/ele would be a dps gain at a certain amount of crit power. Would be cool if someone parses these 3 builds with different amounts of sp / cp
    CP is always a gain if you use crit vials (3min debuff though iirc)
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Plane Touched

Well, unless you choose to go 10SC/5Ele (ignoring CM), you're only getting 3% more crit with 12SC/3Ele. Could be worth it if you have like 1k+ CP I guess.

Champion

Haha, no doubt. I'm just setting expectations for the next one after you've settled in.

12 SC 3 Harb seems to be the sweet spot for me. I actually ran it for the first time last night. Tried Arb/Lock/Dom over the past week. Haven't parsed anything but the difference is noticeable even without parsing.

Talking CP makes me cringe, but that is the old way of Pyro thinking, so there might be something there now.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Shield of Telara

almost looks like the old 51 pyro.... ahh the good ol days

Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    almost looks like the old 51 pyro.... ahh the good ol days
    A wild Fates has appeared.

Plane Touched

^^

This is why Kervik is a bad dev.

Look at all those wars promoting 48 this or 58 that. 22 here and 41 there (everything is a tool lols)

Look at Phys. It is viable in 36/41/48/51/61 forms. Don't talk about RS.

Rogues get all those hybrids?

And mages get 61 Pyro with 10 to 15 sc.

That is the only choice.

Dom is underpowered in drains, and does not work on a phys, the best of healers. (I'm surprised clerics don't complain more)

And yes indeed, i would like my pyrochon back.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by GentleHell View Post
    ^^

This is why Kervik is a bad dev.

Look at all those wars promoting 48 this or 58 that. 22 here and 41 there (everything is a tool lols)

Look at Phys. It is viable in 36/41/48/51/61 forms. Don't talk about RS.

Rogues get all those hybrids?

And mages get 61 Pyro with 10 to 15 sc.

That is the only choice.

Dom is underpowered in drains, and does not work on a phys, the best of healers. (I'm surprised clerics don't complain more)

And yes indeed, i would like my pyrochon back.
    None of the Rogue Ranged dps (MM/Ranger) deal more in a hybrid than 61 spec. MM deals less dps in pvp than 61 Oracle due to nerfs on pvp abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    None of the Rogue Ranged dps (MM/Ranger) deal more in a hybrid than 61 spec. MM deals less dps in pvp than 61 Oracle due to nerfs on pvp abilities.
    MM is surprisingly similar to pyro in terms of delivery method. Both have large front loaded stuff with a lack of dot effects. Which makes balance tough because in order to deal meaningful pve DPS, individual abilities need to hit really f-ing hard - which is generally really good for PvP, in a nearly toxic way.

I'm sure pyro will eat some nerfs due to over performing in pve, I'm just hoping the PvP specific nerfs come afterwards, instead of roundhouse kicking everything, and then dropping it down even more.

I noticed that Thunderblast animation in there and was trying to figure out what it was. Another instacast might be nice to fill the gaps and restore a bit of the mobility I'm used to. Still trying to unlearn my kiting and bunnyhop habits. Welldone and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleHell View Post
    ^^

Agree, Dominator drains are underpowered. I'd gladly give up all the AoE the soul was afforded in the Storm Legion expansion for better mana/energy drains. More dispell protection wouldn't hurt either.

Let the Cabalists, Saboteurs, and Stormcallers AoE. Dominators should be controlling and/or significantly weakening opposing players. Preferably key players like healers.
    Who is John Galt?

Rift Disciple

You people are BAD because you macro too much. Especially offensive spells. Which means you can't manage your CDs, bursts and timings. You are just **** and a waste of space in team.

Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5