+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: [video] - Meduza - Pyro 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Meduza View Post

With charge regeneration out of combat...
    That was big. Along with porting over some other abilities to be able to use while moving. These changes were made while on PTS. I am glad Kervik took people's feedback to heart. It will wind up being a pretty solid spec now. More in line with other callings.

Still not quite the same as before mobility-wise but, hey, Kervik made a couple of concessions to feedback so I am certianly willing to live with the finished product.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    ftfy. .
    Amen, then lol nb burst. Sin won't be fast enough to kill him before he blows me up

Macroing IC is bad. Even with [notactive] it overwrites itself. At 100 charge it will go off twice before you even get an ability off.

I don't like macroing flame bolt with fireball..
    - Never had an issue with not having burning purpose up. (we cast way more instants than fireballs, if you consume 5 stacks of non HW fireballs in a row... uninstall)
    - During heatwave, you don't want to be using flamebolt procs over fireballs.
    the point is other than fulminate it's the only charge consume you have, so unless you're waiting on fulminate it doesn't matte if you waste charge.

i'd also rather have a second macro heatwave that is just heatwave and fireball and main macro for flame bolt and fireball. instead of having to maintain flame bolt every 10s, i only have to do it once during heatwave.

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    the point is other than fulminate it's the only charge consume you have, so unless you're waiting on fulminate it doesn't matte if you waste charge.
    Ride the wind....

Meduza@Deepwood - [YouTube]

Ride the wind....
    i never said it was the best thing to do, i just said it works as far as dps goes if people are having trouble managing IC on their own.

Plane Touched

i never said it was the best thing to do, i just said it works as far as dps goes if people are having trouble managing IC on their own.
    Fulminate too, and that takes 60 charge instead of 50 for IC.

Macroing IC is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    Fulminate too, and that takes 60 charge instead of 50 for IC.

Macroing IC is bad.
    maybe you should read the original post, it explains how to deal with that.

trying to help mages who think managing IC is too hard, my easy solution is still too complicated for them.

Plane Touched

maybe you should read the original post, it explains how to deal with that.

trying to help mages who think managing IC is too hard, my easy solution is still too complicated for them.
    So use IC in macros for a high chance of IC not being up when you intend to cast Fulminate, your most powerful single-hit spell?

IC is way easier to manage than before, and if mages are afraid that they would forget to cast the damned thing, use it every time the charge bar is full. Much easier to track than the actual number of stacks.

I guess if the mage is terrible, they can go with your suggestion.
    Last edited by Xallista; 08-08-2014 at 08:12 AM.

So use IC in macros for a high chance of IC not being up when you intend to cast Fulminate, your most powerful single-hit spell?

IC is way easier to manage than before, and if mages are afraid that they would forget to cast the damned thing, use it every time the charge bar is full. Much easier to track than the actual number of stacks.

I guess if the mage is terrible, they can go with your suggestion.
    like i said read the first post, you clearly still don't understand but it's ok, some day you might

Plane Touched

like i said read the first post, you clearly still don't understand but it's ok, some day you might
    if you want to be lazy about it just macro in IC with your spam macro(you should be at least macroing flame bolt and fireball since without burning purpose, which you will never have, flamebolt is more dps), and then have a seperate macro that is the exact same, but take out the IC and put fulminate at the top. if you get a cinder burst proc at the right time, this doesn't even lose you any damage, worst case is you will end up not having IC up for ~3-4 attacks after every fulminate, but if you feel you're missing more than that anyway this way should help.
    Lets say we use the following macros (based on your original post):

#show flame bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast internalize charge
    cast flame bolt
    cast fireball
    cast thunder shock/searing vitality

#show fulminate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast internalize charge
    cast flame bolt
    cast fireball

While spamming macro #1, you will continuously use IC whenever you hit 50 and above charge. This ranges anywhere from 50 to 86 charge when IC gets used (49 charge + 37 from CB = 86).

If you are chasing/kiting someone, you will end up spamming flame bolt/thunder shock/searing vitality, all of which gives 9 charge per cast. There are 6 uses per IC cast.

9*5 = 45 charge. This means if you have anywhere between 0 to 14 charge, and CB does not proc, you will need to cast up 6 to 7 times after IC to hit 60 charge. You expend all your IC uses by the 6th cast.

What this means is that if your charge remaining after casting IC is below 15, your following Fulminate will not get the IC bonus, on top of your next 2-5 spells not having IC bonuses either.

Maybe you should learn some math and consider all possible scenarios first, hmm?
    Last edited by Xallista; 08-08-2014 at 09:22 AM.

wickede just got burneddd

pun intended

Making me want to play again. Perhaps in 3.0 there will be a discernible direction for PvP to accompany these mechanical improvments.

Well done, OP.

Prophet of Telara

I hear a lot of complaints about mobility loss in PvP especially double flicker..

I thought the same at first.. but after playing for a while... We have so much extra charge now, ride with the wind can be used much more freely, I actually think mobility is way better than before

With charge regeneration out of combat... We can run around with ride the wind almost all the time. I've been getting to enemy flags in karthan domination in time to interrupt, kill, and cap

Thanks trion! Finally my mage has mobility that competes with other classes
    The problem is that average Mage in RIFT goes out of combat only when they die. ;)

(tunnel vision, zerging mid only and staying in until they die)
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Video was fun. Ive been goofing with pyro for a couple days. I miss all the cc's, but do like Fusillade and Flame Volley a lot more then i thought i would. I dont liek the missing +10 charge. It makes using IC and Fulminate tough.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Lets say we use the following macros (based on your original post):

#show flame bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast internalize charge
    cast flame bolt
    cast fireball

#show fulminate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast internalize charge
    cast flame bolt
    cast fireball

While spamming macro #1, you will continuously use IC whenever you hit 50 and above charge. This ranges anywhere from 50 to 86 charge when IC gets used (49 charge + 37 from CB = 86).

If you are chasing/kiting someone, you will end up spamming flame bolt/thunder shock/searing vitality, all of which gives 9 charge per cast. There are 6 uses per IC cast.

9*5 = 45 charge. This means if you have anywhere between 0 to 14 charge, and CB does not proc, you will need to cast up 6 to 7 times after IC to hit 60 charge. You expend all your IC uses by the 6th cast.

What this means is that if your charge remaining after casting IC is below 15, your following Fulminate will not get the IC bonus, on top of your next 2-5 spells not having IC bonuses either.

Maybe you should learn some math and consider all possible scenarios first, hmm?
    i think you're completely missing the point that this is for people who have trouble managing IC on their own. like i said, in the post that you quoted, every time you get around to a fulminate in your rotation, you're going to miss 3-4 IC charges on your spells after you use a fulminate. if you feel like you're casting more than 4 spells without IC on in a 30s period, then the easy mode macros will do better for you.

i never said it was the best way to play the spec or that it would be 100% efficient, the point is you don't have to manage IC, you just take a dps loss to have it manage itself. as far as not having IC up for fulminate, if you can't hard cast 1 fireball or use another CD for extra charge before you use a fulminate, that's your own problem. if only pyro had some reliable CC skills to allow you to hard cast a single fireball on somebody running away

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast