+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kronos v

Thread: Accused of "Hacks".. Why?...

Default Accused of "Hacks".. Why?...

I don't know if anyone else receives tells about how much you're hacking, or how much your original abilities are questionable, but it gets tiresome..

Yeah so I get on My PC, Log into rift then press "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start"...(catch the sarc)

I'm pretty sure casting On the double(and other MM speed buffs) for disconnects and annoying kiters is totally legit.
    50% run speed is fast, but a few hurt players accused and threatened to report Me for chasing and catching them with speeds that of a 150% mount, yeah, In My Dreams.. Vault's speed buff doesn't even grant you that type of speed percentage.

Couple more accusations as well but its blah to discuss, I feel like if you are a mage, cleric, worrior, whatever the case, who doesn't have that class as an alt(hopefully i covered most) don't make an assumption of something you have no knowledge of.

I just got into MMOs I know nothing about "hacks", this game is fun, and I plan to continue to perfect My Craft within it.
    Last edited by Escadora; 08-07-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

That's a pretty cool story.

bro.

Bads will be bads, dont worry about it....

I get accused on having a god mode on, seeing how i can 1 shot 20k hp newbies with my paragon...

Rift Chaser

Game genie OP

Wall hacks, aim hacks, speed hacks, jump hacks, hack hacks... Are you new to gaming? Cos that's the only reason I could fathom as to why you'd make a thread on it.

Well there goes your cognitive skills... sorry not sorry...
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    Very Important Figure

a few points into riftblade for my 61 paragon and I get these things /yelled at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    a few points into riftblade for my 61 paragon and I get these things /yelled at me.
    Knew I wasn't the only one.. Just depends on how you spec.

Bads will be mad...(<_<).. (>_>)
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    Very Important Figure

Quote Originally Posted by Escadora View Post
    ... stuff ....

I reply to things like that with, "Yeah, you wanna see my latest hack?"

Then put them on ignore.

Problem kinda solves itself that way.

I can tell ya a list of things that are so tricky newbs will think you are hacking. One of my favorite is turning in orbs from behind the Tower (guardian side) in Stockpile. People fail to realize you don't need LoS, you can get close enough from outside, and that there is a hole in the top that lets you click it while close enough.

I can count on two hands now how many people have told me they are going to get me banned and thanked me for letting them record me hacking the game. Nothing has ever happened. Probably because it's not a hack.

Like I said, I have a whole book of stuff that is just plain tricky or slightly out-side the box that so many common players will think you are cheating. Creativity reaps the most call outs for hacks in MMOs. Now this is before even getting into that so many people in this games particular community are highly unaware of what a real exploit is. People use that word so much, not many actually seem to know or understand what it means. It brushes and draws a fine line with other terms and concepts, and that line is blurred or completely non-existent for many people in the first place. So factor that in and yeah, any good player has probably been called a hacker for a number of reasons in this game. My all time favorite.

http://i.imgur.com/oAteR4X.jpg

And that was just because of the damage I was doing.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-07-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Probably not a hack, I agree.. Like the 15-21 plat a day those 2 creatures Drop in that odd Tower far west of Free march(the old Map), or the 2h 20 ATK boost in Ember isle..

Just little kinks Like that, nothing major. There's hundreds..
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    Very Important Figure

I respond by either saying yes I use ... and makeup a hack name like riftinvis 3.9 . or send a fake mistake reply tell like hey I think this guy in a wf knows I'm hacking be careful next time you use it in wfs
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 08-07-2014 at 02:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread