+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 184
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: The new Pyro

  1. #121
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Are you trying to say that assassin is a "niche" build too?
    No I was just saying with the right build even the infamous Physician is pretty much dead meat. But to 1v1 one I need to use a special build. Occasionally I have 1v1 Phys with Sin too... But the damn RNG of poisons makes it dicey.
    Last edited by Galibier; 08-10-2014 at 06:30 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  2. #122
    Rift Master ConclusionTheFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Well "son" I am the guy who says "if the people say something and set rules I expect them to deliver on those statements.".The Rift Devs say melee>range and until they change that they will deliver. One of the things I give Daglar credit for is he draws lines...delivers OR like the AH issues changes it. If he doesn't change it he is one of those few producers honest enough to say " don't like it? Then leave."

    So with that in mind who do you think is going to be happy in the long run? Something tells me that before we officially enter the fall in NA you will be a giant QQ baby over changes to Pyro.

    Oh and BTW if you don't think Mages have an equal impact on PvP as every other calling...remember the game is more than dps.

    However enjoy the time you have. In the end that all any of can do in life. Son... Lol. That was rich.
    The Rift devs say a lot of things. With that in mind, there are barely any real melee in this game. Melee as defined as doing damage in melee. Swift shotting, flurrying, gth and every other ranged damage dealing ability that gives ranged dps a run for their money do not count.Not to mention the myriad of gap closers that make the distinction between melee and ranged almost completely unnecessary.

    and btw, old Pyro was just as good but it was rarely played so people stayed quiet. Now that it has been brought up to the level of rogues and warriors, they won't shut up about it.



    ...Don't call it a comeback!

  3. #123
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    They may say a lot of things but melee>range is something they have been delivering on. That is why I said "Daglar" and not Devs generically.

    what is humorous is that you go through mental gymnastics in order to minimize or avoid the fact that in the current system melee dps is supposed to be greater than ranged DPS, since Pyro does do more than melee. Then you say Pyro has been brought up to warriors and rogues. This is completely contradictory.

    The top dps specs for warrior and rogue are melee. So if Pyro does more dps than melee it is ABOVE rogues and warriors not simply brought up to its level. Since the warrior and rogue top melee dps do more than their ranged dps this also means that Pyro is higher than all other dps specs in the game.

    You may rage about it but the contradiction in your own statements show your logic is flawed. Now you will likely rage about it, call anyone who disagrees with you jealous or try to justify being in this place for any length of time as some sort of pay back etc but it is inevitable that Pyro get tweeked to bring the numbers down. Not necessarily by a lot but it is a touch overtuned. And guess what EVERY such complete redux is either initially over or under tuned. No Dev every hits the bullseye with their first shot.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  4. #124
    Rift Chaser Escadora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    320

    Default

    But.. They're so squishy............... -__-
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

  5. #125
    Rift Disciple digital shaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    138

    Default

    While I get where you're coming from Gali, you're overlooking the fact that FoTM warriors can do comparable melee dps while having roughly double a pyros' hps and mitigation. And that melee rogue has get-out-of-death-free card w/ SA. Shaman, well,.... we just get to respawn.

  6. #126
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Dig I get that but its not like all Pyro has going for it is 35m range. 35 meter ranged+Flicker+ride the wind+break free + 2 CC's of their own does a good job of mitigating the danger. Now will it take more skill using those abilities vs simply face tanking like some warrior builds can do? Yeah but it isn't quite as bad as some people try to make it seem either.

    Plus i don't speak for all healers but most I know, including myself, will look at see who is doing the most damage to the other side. If someone hasn't beat them to it they hop in that dpsers pocket. The idea of a "glass cannon" doesn't have the same weight in a game with dedicated healers as they do in other games.
    Last edited by Galibier; 08-10-2014 at 11:07 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  7. #127
    Rift Disciple digital shaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    Funnily to prove what I said before you had to include a smart *** comment.................Pyro is the new warlord.
    Sorry for being rude, I have little patience for things I percieve as whining, there's always so much of it on these forums. On top of apologizing, let me go a step further opposite from most forum posters amd say: You're NOT bad. I've been in wf with you before and you hold your own; which is why I disagree and think you'd do the same vs. most pyros.

    Your own closing words acknowledge that warriors aren't, and haven't been, in a bad state. "Pyro is the new warlord"

  8. #128
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Bring Assassin/Warlord/(insert overtuned soul) down to Shaman's level (survivability/damage/gap closers/disconnect dps) and nerf Pyro's burst at the same time, maybe bumping up survivability to compensate.

    This is how you should talk about balance.

    The same could be said about healers as well. One does not go "pyro is OP but the others are fine" and expect me to take them seriously when mages have been mostly regulated to Dom/Chloro for the past year or so before the initial pyro buffs (before the revamp) came in.

    In any case I can see 2.8 Pyro getting a 10-15% damage nerf to balance out its DPS in PVE, so you can expect to see that in a few weeks.
    Last edited by Xallista; 08-11-2014 at 02:15 AM.

  9. #129
    RIFT Guide Writer Allmightyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    Bring Assassin/Warlord/(insert overtuned soul) down to Shaman's level (survivability/damage/gap closers/disconnect dps) and nerf Pyro's burst at the same time, maybe bumping up survivability to compensate.

    This is how you should talk about balance.
    But what about Chloro then? It's easy to come out of nowhere and say this when you are lagging behind the mass. I doubt you'd come out and say this back in the cleric healing glory days.

    P.S. Of course Pyro is too stronk and it'll likely get tonned down a bit. Let's hope it won't be killed entirely. That would be more than disappointing.

  10. #130
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    Bring Assassin/Warlord/(insert overtuned soul) down to Shaman's level (survivability/damage/gap closers/disconnect dps)
    i don't think this is a good idea. no one would play melee.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  11. #131
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    They may say a lot of things but melee>range is something they have been delivering on. That is why I said "Daglar" and not Devs generically.
    Which in itself is stupid because kiting is not a thing in Rift.

  12. #132
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Its not? Hmmmm. I see people kite all the time.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  13. #133
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    But what about Chloro then? It's easy to come out of nowhere and say this when you are lagging behind the mass. I doubt you'd come out and say this back in the cleric healing glory days.

    P.S. Of course Pyro is too stronk and it'll likely get tonned down a bit. Let's hope it won't be killed entirely. That would be more than disappointing.
    That's why I think just try the following first. Flicker and ride the wind shared CD. Add a modifier to Accelerant in PvP..."Countdown will do 60% damage when cleansed. Targets in PvP are immune to this effect for 8 seconds."

    Try that first see what happens. If you are going to adjust I prefer small measured steps so you don't over shoot.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  14. #134
    Prophet of Telara Morwath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    There is no reason to nerf anything in Pyro, yet.
    Also, we shouldn't take serious stuff written by guy who was defending Phys before nerfs.

  15. #135
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    There is no reason to nerf anything in Pyro, yet.
    Also, we shouldn't take serious stuff written by guy who was defending Phys before nerfs.
    the only thing I said pre-nerf was that they were not unkillable. That's it. It was true then and even more true now. Each time an adjustment came out I didn't QQ or cry like others...I said "okay that makes sense."

    When people just talked about heal values all I said was "they were probably running the hybrid...that parse is about synergy with tactician not 61 phys." That is VERY different than saying "it's fine" if anything it is saying "it hybrids too well." Also from the beginning I said energy v mana is an issue BUT since it is something that can't be really fixed that we should focus on other things... I suppose nuance is lost on you.

    Oh I also said you were hyperbolic and exaggerated everything. That is true even now.

    That all out of the way I don't think any reasonable person can honestly say that Pyro will not get a nerf in the next two weeks. Look at my suggestion. I don't even think they qualify as a "nerf" due to their scale.

    Would you not want something small and measured rather than a hammer like they did to Tempest and MM when similar calls came out? And MM especially was in a VERY similar situation as Pyro is atm...but did even LESS dps in comparison to the rest of the souls.

    I have called for nerfs twice in 4 whole years. That's it. I almost never go there.
    Last edited by Galibier; 08-11-2014 at 05:13 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts