+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: The new Pyro

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post

and at the not taking arb its kinda dumb IMO. playing para with champ and temp is the same dumb play style if you ask me. yea you hit a few 100 dps higher but you are way to easy to kill hence why i only play the 12 wl version. if my tank souls had 10% endurance in first tier i would take it in every non 5 v 5 spec. especially solo que.
    I was talking about nothing over zero point Arb. i think he was too. Putting additional points into it is where the damage output goes down quite a bit.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    I was talking about nothing over zero point Arb. i think he was too. Putting additional points into it is where the damage output goes down quite a bit.
    its really doesnt like im trying to tell you, i got 5 arb for the 10% endurance and i still hit very hard, its not pve where min maxing is thousands of points of damage. you are constantly changing rotations and what not. endurance trumps a few hundred dps
    Last edited by dday; 08-08-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Also i would have the full glass cannon spec for heal stale mates where that dps matter more since you arent going to die with all the healing

idk i've never had a problem playing the pure highest dps specs even on undergeared characters, having hp over damage is more of a preference, not a necessity.

also i don't own arbiter on my mage, who wants to buy it for me

I like a 61 pyro 12 sc variant, cm stacks provide an excellent purge buffer to prevent pyro armor from being taken off
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    idk i've never had a problem playing the pure highest dps specs even on undergeared characters, having hp over damage is more of a preference, not a necessity.

also i don't own arbiter on my mage, who wants to buy it for me
    how do you not own it if you have physician?

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    how do you not own it if you have physician?
    seperate accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Top mage in our guild is sporting 41k hp. He has best gear\runes\orbs available and with 5 points in arbiter he can still blow ppl up from 35m in couple gcd's. When warlord\sin jump him he just uses heatwave and facetanks. #Squishyglasscannon
    Sounds like he's bad at PvP to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeymoon View Post
    Sounds like a l2p issue, it is a glass cannon spec and its burst can be interrupted.
    Exactly. Once people realize interupts will destroy glass canon builds, trash tier mages who pick up pyro because they want to be OP will have to learn to fake cast.
    Last edited by Tervo; 08-08-2014 at 08:41 PM.
    Tervo@Deepwood

- Hello Kitty -

Plane Touched

I think no matter what, your subsoul for a 61 pyro should at least include 12 points into SC for the CM stacks (6% multiplicative damage buff) to maximize damage, which is the main selling point for pyro.

12SC 3Harb for 6% spell power/Lightning Blade/Storm Fury
    15SC for 3% crit + 0pt subsoul (Archon for SV/Arb for AB)
    12SC 3Arb for 10.5% endurance, 6% armor/resist, Aqueous Blessing
    13SC 2Dom for 1% crit/Quick Thinking/oGCD Thunder Blast/2s cast Transmogrify

You could also try something derpy like 15 Lock for opportunity procs, although your damage suffers a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkC View Post
    You didn't answer my question, nor does it matter if I have or not. The point is there is a test server for folks to try out the "new" builds prior to release. Players test this stuff out, give feedback to the devs, and then they implement. So to your intial question, yes they test it.

I still don't know what your issue is with it.
    There is another testing bit...live. Really PTS is about finding bugs and things that are broken and finding out if it is blatantly and ridiculously over or under powered. The problem is the number of real testers on PTS is pretty small. So after they find the bugs and stuff they push it live and let it propogate in a larger population and see how it stacks up...then they nerf or buff as needed. Going live is really just the halfway point of testing.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Default Fire bolts everywhere

Just like physician boom happened, I hope the pyromancer boom ends soon. Currently I'm only seeing mostly purple in leader-boards. I'm guessing many veterans that have mage alts all of a sudden are getting on their pyro? well it seems like everyone is certainly having a lot of fun playing a mage now ... funnily enough. When range gets rolling it really does get rolling. I'm literally getting 1 shot or otherwise bursted down especially if there are a few good pyros from range on the other side, sometimes also sometimes I lose track how many times I get cc'd from range. Not to mention, I believe melee would be so much more viable if cc could only be used in melee range or at least from a maximum distance of 20m away even in the instance of a ranged soul. However, I guess everyone likes the way things are or fine with them, whether that may be soul or combat mechanics. I am a bit surprised lots of people are fine and satisfied with how pvp combat in general is atm, but lets just instead blame that on conquest like everything else that's bad in pvp.

It seems the only team counter for pyro for melee viability is currently warlord yes indeed... "the overpowered warlord that was continuously requested to get nerfed multiple times in the past". Regardless, even if I'm in warlord things do not change much; of course unless there is some really good healers to save me.

So are pyros really fine? today in blighted as the match started as soon as I jumped up in the beginning I got cc'd straight away and unexpectedly got hit by a truck ... I mean bursted down straight away. So I then realized: never hesitate save your cd's when you see a pyro use em straight away! because you might not be able to use anything as you die in 5secs flat.

Finally to mention I guess some of these present problems brought upon recent changes could be solved to an extent if the matchmaking system were better. This may be attempting to balance the different types of classes evenly in each warfront.
    Last edited by SpellwarriorX; 08-09-2014 at 02:30 AM. Reason: give melee ranged interrupts and cc then we're even
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

So let me get this straight... For about a year or more, most melee have been able to straight up ignore most Pyros and disregard their abilities. Now that they have to actually pay attention they come to the forums to cry OP because they are bad players.

It's as if they do not know that getting them to move cuts their dps in half.

I hope the new pyro constantly receives unneeded buffs and is given even more anti-melee tools.

I get what you physicians are talking about now; these people are complete idiots.

Your tears cannot extinguish the fire!

With the current disordered state of the game (bad matchmaking and skill levels) being able to target people from range and doing massive amounts of damage if it isn't what you call OP then it is otherwise what you call a significant advantage . For example, I wish warriors could never have ranged attacks to keep things balanced as melee in general is the problem that will never be correctly solved. Play conquest seemingly I'm the one who is deluded; enjoy your fair share playing ranged there.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    With the current disordered state of the game (bad matchmaking and skill levels) being able to target people from range and doing massive amounts of damage if it isn't what you call OP then it is otherwise what you call a significant advantage . For example, I wish warriors could never have ranged attacks to keep things balanced as melee in general is the problem that will never be correctly solved. Play conquest seemingly I'm the one who is deluded; enjoy your fair share playing ranged there.

Never support your arguments with CQ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast