+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: The new Pyro

*GASP* Fire hurts?!? Unthinkable! It's about time that a blast from an arcane fireball or lightningbolt actually did some damage as opposed to a scratch from a blade or thump of a hammer. EAT MY MAGIC, MUGGLE!

Rift Master

@OP you've been asked what your issue with Pyro is, which you've dodged multiple times as you've not answered in any of your replies. Quick frankly, making a thread like this server no prupose whatsoever - except to discredit you from clearly communicating anything. Have a nice day!
    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I will be utterly shocked if the servers aren't shut down completely within the year. ~Thiuss@Seastone 1/10/2013

Pyro is fine, they actually finally for once seem like they are executing the way they should. I am pretty sure some people just got their world rocked by a pyro and now and upset and want to immediately go to the nerf card on the forums before it's even been live for more than 48 hours.

I've seen some nasty stuff a pyro has done to me and I've seen served up pretty good by a few. But they are utter glass and prior, they'd have to use all their CC on me and run - meanwhile my 61sin shooting MM arrows is giving their ranged an absurd run for its money. A pyro should rock house and drop 10 digit crits. They are so fragile and without a healer can get toasted in no time.

I say big no to changing anything with Pyros. They finally seem to be playing the way they should. Leave pyro's alone, that is how a proper glass cannon ranged spec that once a melee gets in its face it becomes game over a lot, should play. The answer is not to nerf anything with Pyro. Maybe the other pure glass cannon ranged specs need a similar adjustment. After all, isn't Ranger actually getting sort of a swift change? Or is it just the pet that is changing? Either way, I saw some pyro's rocking yesterday and it felt like how a pyro should properly rock. This is coming from someone with a Rogue main, Cleric alt, and little intended effort to ever get my mage to 60. I don't group with any mages frequently nor am I close friends with any frequent WF playing mage in particular. I have no vested interest to even say what I am saying, no matter what they do to pyro, it has little effect on my world. But I hate to see things claimed when I feel strongly against them. And pyro's finally rocking the way they should, in a PvP world where melee has damn near taken the scene over with prowess, and seeing people complain about it before 48 hours passed and wanting it watered down and nerfed back into something not very threatening bothers me.

You should be scared of a pyro, and glass cannon specs should run a very VERY fine line between who to kill first, the glass cannon DPS or the healer. A true glass cannon healer should really make you consider if it's worth taking out the piece of glass wrecking everyone, or if you think you can get the cleric down before the glass cannon wrecks too many people. Before the change though I would have definitely gone for the healer first. Now I may go for the Pyro first if they are playing a stellar game. I don't get what peoples issue is with DPS toons having redeemable performance in PvP. It's like a portion of the community wants the most fragile of DPS specs to hit like wet noodles. Pyro has been a glass cannon that never really truly filled the shoes I think I expected it to based on its description and style. Now that it is, I am sort of glad. And maybe it will set a precedent for style and execution of other ranged souls. A range DPS should be devastating from far away but get dismantled fairly easily if good melee get them close enough to them. Just IMO though. But that ranged damage should be just as nasty as the damage thrown on them when they melee gets up in their face, again, IMO.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by DrkC View Post
    4-6 pyros? on one team? I don't think i've seen 6 mages on my team in one wf so....yea I dunno. Same could be said for 6 paragons running around, how you expect to stop their burst?

and no, the easiest way to tell if a soul is op is NOT ifa lot more people play it. The soul was just revamped, and as other posters have said was not played all that much prior to these changes in pvp. So yea, all mages are going to log in, rebuild their pryo and give it a shot for a few days. Once they realize the specs limitations, I imagine you'll see the "pyro fever" start to wear off.
    Literally all of this.

Within the first hour of the 2.8 patch dropping, the TB practice dummies were swarmed by pyros the same way they were swarmed by stormcallers when the stormcaller revamp came. All I could hear was people spamming internalize charge and fireballs exploding on targets.

I can also say I was among those people at the dummies, but I got sick of the sound spam and went to my own dimension to test DPS, then later decided it was more productive to test DPS on Quoras.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

The new Pyro-pyro.png

Couldn't help myself. I MS Paint.

*No noobs were harmed in the making of this message.*

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Elloell at Rogues and Warriors complaining about pyros.
    There is far more qq about pyro from mages than from other classes, trust me.
    Nice to see pyro working as it should on pvp.

Pyro is only OP when there's like 5 of them sitting in a zerg of 15 people.

So basically every wf where one side gets the 5 pyros and the other side gets 5 druids.

.........I think I actually posted my reply in the other thread by mistake but never mind....here you go

In general, I give you a 1/10 for you QQ, not constructive and you just sound like a big ole baby. Seems like I touched a nerve.

OK, lets deal with that QQ counter offensive of yours.

Peeps like defending their class regardless of how ridiculous it gets. I remember people doing the same with the 1.1 pyro. I'm chatting about the two shot fulminate/cinder burst, no cd pyro that came out a short while after launch but then you wouldn't know anything about that judging from that date of registration of yours....but ya the exact same 'there's nothing wrong' replies to nerf threads from folk who played 'em and this went on for months and by the end of the four months everyone in wfs was playing mages. I wish I had a screenshot of the 30+ mage scions.

BTW my main's a mage and I play 61 pyro and chloro on her even before this change. Well I used to play chloro on her but we all know what chloros are like right now so ya...OK, let me answer that question of yours:

One big gripe I have with the pyro atm is Fusillade. It's ridiculous in it's current state. I'm sure you agree but then again some folk have denial issues. Just look at the physician threads and pretty much any other nerf thread since the begining of time. Better still let's take you as an example of such two facery.

Fussilade is ridiculous...... Let's not kid ourselves.'

my undergeared warlord mage hitting a 20k fusillade on a 23kish hp freelancer ranger is not 'fine'.

The burst is just ridiculous atm. I'm getting 10k+ cinder burst and fulminate crits all the time.

In the <60 brackets the dmg is even worse. It's game breakingly bad. you just go around killing peeps in 2-3secs flat. It does not matter what sole/spec they are playing, if they are getting healed, if they're physicians it just plain doesn't matter they die in seconds.

Have you tried focusing or interrupting said pyro? You can't just let us stand there and free cast for 6 globals before you need to pay attention anymore
    We get these same replies from folk playing physicians in the nerf physicians threads. The biggest problem with balance in pvp is the narrow minded attitude of some folk like yourself who don't care for balance but are only interested in maintaining their main class at that peak irrespective of whether or not it's OP..

'have you tried focusing or interrupting' are you for real?
    Last edited by toodles; 08-07-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toodles View Post
    .........I think I actually posted my reply in the other thread by mistake but never mind....here you go

Peeps like defending their class regardless of how ridiculous it gets. I remember people doing the same with the 1.1 pyro. I'm chatting about the two shot fulminate/cinder burst, no cd pyro that came out a short while after launch but then you wouldn't know anything about that judging from that date of registration of yours....but ya the exact same 'there's nothing wrong' replies to nerf threads from folk who played 'em and this went on for months and by the end of the four months everyone in wfs was playing mages. I wish I had a screenshot of the 30+ mage scions.

BTW my main's a mage and I play 61 pyro and chloro on her even before this change. Well I used to play chloro on her but we all know what chloros are like right now so ya...OK, let me answer that question of yours:

One big gripe I have with the pyro atm is Fusillade. It's ridiculous in it's current state. I'm sure you agree but then again some folk have denial issues. Just look at the physician threads and pretty much any other nerf thread since the begining of time. Better still let's take you as an example of such two facery.

my undergeared warlord mage hitting a 20k fusillade on a 23kish hp freelancer ranger is not 'fine'.

The burst is just ridiculous atm. I'm getting 10k+ cinder burst and fulminate crits all the time.

In the <60 brackets the dmg is even worse. It's game breakingly bad. you just go around killing peeps in 2-3secs flat. It does not matter what sole/spec they are playing, if they are getting healed, if they're physicians it just plain doesn't matter they die in seconds.

We get these same replies from folk playing physicians in the nerf physicians threads. The biggest problem with balance in pvp is the narrow minded attitude of some folk like yourself who don't care for balance but are only interested in maintaining their main class at that peak irrespective of whether or not it's OP..

you can kill people in 2-3 seconds flat as paragon, warlord, and sin in 50s bracket. I just leveled a warrior and currently a mage. you could do this before the changes as well. also I'm noticing very few pyros who are actually doing this. I'm averaging 2-3x the damage of other pyros and I'm only level 50
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 08-07-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toodles View Post

I'm not good at multi-quoting...so deal with it

First off, the general population seems to think it's fine and that it is counterable. I played it briefly last night, but certainly not long enough and against good enough players to say nothing needs to be tuned down.

Trust me, I'm not one to defend defend defend because I have 3 or 4 other specs I enjoy playing on my mage outside of pyro. My main point was I didn't ever hear what your actual gripe about it was. All you said was that it was broken, and that could have gone either way. Then you started getting defensive about your position without every clarifying what you thought was broken.

I don't give any merit to arguments regarding pvp sub 60, im sure it sucks but there are lots of OP abilities sub 60 if I remember correctly, you just have to deal with it until you reach 60.

As far as focusing or interrupting, obviously CB-Fulm is not what I'm referring to. Fussilade does hit hard, real hard, but again I haven't played it enough to say it's OP or not, it certainly felt strong. It is interruptible. Yea, if you pressure a pyro, usually you can stop the bleeding pretty quick if not take them down altogether.

BTW you opened this thread with a very "narrow minded" approach to your QQ (ironic isnt it?). Check all of my posts, and hopefully you'll retract such derogatory comments about my attitude. I tend to think I have a very fair perspective on pvp.

Why is it that you are one of a few on the forums that is saying this is not in line? I suppose everyone else is just nuts at this point.
    Last edited by DrkC; 08-07-2014 at 11:27 AM.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacrim View Post
    There is far more qq about pyro from mages than from other classes, trust me.
    Nice to see pyro working as it should on pvp.
    This is what I just can't understand. Pyro gets buffed, Mages complain about it. I feel like these people just can't bring themselves to admit that I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    This is what I just can't understand. Pyro gets buffed, Mages complain about it. I feel like these people just can't bring themselves to admit that I was right.
    I, for one, like the new pyro.

At first when I read about the changes, I was worried I'd lose a bunch of mobility. But no; now I have to plan my movements. Which is okay because my DPS rotation got a lot simpler since the change.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Pyro is only OP when there's like 5 of them sitting in a zerg of 15 people.

So basically every wf where one side gets the 5 pyros and the other side gets 5 druids.
    You mean 5 Oracle/Druids?

Telaran

Well i still eat them without much sweat, so no QQ from me. On other side feels like fighting a bit skinier version of inq.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothi View Post
    Used 1 interrupt and 2 eradicates. He trinketed interrupt, I trinketed his stun. The fight was rather quick. I did quick reload to reset my cooldowns, but didn't get to use strafe or decoy again. He died when someone else jumped him, and I ended up at 10% HP. That encounter wasn't outrageous, but still noteworthy, since an undergeared mage burned down 35k of my HP at the same time I did about 20k damage to him. It's ok for damage to be overtuned though - easy fix for devs.
    low hp doesnt neccesarily mean undergeared unless you have seen his gear theres zero proof he was. i have several myrm relics and bis pve runes and all dream orbs[and yes there are pvprs in this game that dont know dream orbs stack with runes nor do they pve for runes] some of which are end only and if i go for max dps set up then my hp is like 28k-29k
    without buffs. also you faced off against a burst spec in mm i dont understand why you would assume that x person shouldnt have come close to killing you.

im gonna assume this spec will prob get a slight nerf but only after the numbers from pve raids come out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast