+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: The new Pyro

Plane Touched

I did a WF last night, and undergeared 25k HP mage almost killed me with my 38k. Didn't take long to notice that pyro damage is overtuned.

Ascendant

So are you saying they are broken op or broken up? Your extremely clear feedback provides so much information I couldn't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothi View Post
    I did a WF last night, and undergeared 25k HP mage almost killed me with my 38k. Didn't take long to notice that pyro damage is overtuned.
    Have you tried focusing or interrupting said pyro? You can't just let us stand there and free cast for 6 globals before you need to pay attention anymore.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

my mage still dies just as fast as before, cept now im takin someone with me
    "I love it!" - Frank Drebin

Quote Originally Posted by sicklemehellmo View Post
    my mage still dies just as fast as before, cept now im takin someone with me
    This is it... In a nutshell, it has a little more DPS and a little less HP. The other change was that it has a little more restricted mobility. It also lost Heatwave and Backdraft.

So, OP - I think what you are seeing are people actually playing the new 61 Pyro spec. I say this because most people did not play the old 61 Pyro spec, they played Pyrochon. So, you did not see this burst out of Pyrochon, which is why it is a little shocking to you now.

When I parsed last week, i was getting about 5K more damage on a 15 second rotation on the new 61 Pyro than the old one. Really not a huge change to me. The thing is, I was only one of a handful that were actually playing 61 Pyro before the changes yesterday - so it might be shocking a lot of people now that everyone loaded up Pyro yesterday.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by toodles View Post
    Just wandering whether or not you guys at Trion really test anything for PvP before you actually put it on live and whether or not you're going to deal with this quickly or leave it as it is for months like you do with most broken specs? because this is ridiculous.

P.S. Physicians need looking at too.

So... you think they should nerf pyro but let mages wear plate?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DrkC View Post
    Have you tried focusing or interrupting said pyro? You can't just let us stand there and free cast for 6 globals before you need to pay attention anymore.
    Used 1 interrupt and 2 eradicates. He trinketed interrupt, I trinketed his stun. The fight was rather quick. I did quick reload to reset my cooldowns, but didn't get to use strafe or decoy again. He died when someone else jumped him, and I ended up at 10% HP. That encounter wasn't outrageous, but still noteworthy, since an undergeared mage burned down 35k of my HP at the same time I did about 20k damage to him. It's ok for damage to be overtuned though - easy fix for devs.

Used 1 interrupt and 2 eradicates. He trinketed interrupt, I trinketed his stun. The fight was rather quick. I did quick reload to reset my cooldowns, but didn't get to use strafe or decoy again. He died when someone else jumped him, and I ended up at 10% HP. That encounter wasn't outrageous, but still noteworthy, since an undergeared mage burned down 35k of my HP at the same time I did about 20k damage to him. It's ok for damage to be overtuned though - easy fix for devs.
    its not overtuned.
    Pyro is burst spec. It can burst around 40k dmg every minute. Fine on glass canon.

Paragon is overtuned, because he doesn't get -%dmg on GtH.
    Last edited by Morwath; 08-07-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Good thing Decoy didn't make an appearance. That Mage would've flickered away in fear.

Champion of Telara

Elloell at Rogues and Warriors complaining about pyros.

God forbid mages get to have fun.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

So pyro gets its mobility and def gutted and all the non mages say its ok bc it will do more dps. Now they are starting with the the pyro dps is too high nerf it now qq. Anybody else not shocked?
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Champion

1 v 1? pyros are fine. tell me how many you're going to interrupt when the other team has 4-6 of them focusing on you LOL.

Easiest way to tell if a soul is OP or not is to see how many people all of a sudden start playing that soul.

Quote Originally Posted by stonelotus View Post
    1 v 1? pyros are fine. tell me how many you're going to interrupt when the other team has 4-6 of them focusing on you LOL.

Easiest way to tell if a soul is OP or not is to see how many people all of a sudden start playing that soul.
    4-6 pyros? on one team? I don't think i've seen 6 mages on my team in one wf so....yea I dunno. Same could be said for 6 paragons running around, how you expect to stop their burst?

and no, the easiest way to tell if a soul is op is NOT ifa lot more people play it. The soul was just revamped, and as other posters have said was not played all that much prior to these changes in pvp. So yea, all mages are going to log in, rebuild their pryo and give it a shot for a few days. Once they realize the specs limitations, I imagine you'll see the "pyro fever" start to wear off.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

61 sas obliterates the new pyro , who cares

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast