+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: The new Pyro

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    You just made my point. I said they didn't listen to anyone when it concerns pvp. You were screaming for weeks. They didn't listen to you. Thanks for making my point.

And yes I've seen plenty of posts by the hardcore raiders stating they were also testing said souls for pvp, but didn't get "much time" to do so. i.e. who cares they raid.

Even I'm not blind-they've been asking the same people who raid to do testing of souls and said same people have had access to all the new souls before, since they were invited to do so. Nothing I'm stating is false at all-the raiders stated as much. There are other forum sections besides pvp btw. I've been there. Its not so scary. I've even asked said pve raiders questions concerning pvp testing. Yes...its true.

Wait...you think they changed pyro for pvp? LOL. They aren't listening to pvp people complaining-it was completely changed for pve. Really? Just an FYI, Trion hasn't really cared about pvp for a couple years now, and have stated its a side thing. Sorry to break the news....

Santa isn't real either.
    And I'm sorry to break the news, but while they were not listening to me they were listening to others complaining that the soul would be weak in PvP. That's why Fire Shield got re-added, Burning Shield got buffed, that's why Fusillade can be used while moving, hell that's a big reason that the cast time of Fireball is 1.5s instead of 2s.

If you think they don't make changes for PvP you're just wrong, full stop. Pyro pre-2.8 was entirely a product of repeated changes made at the request of... yes! PvPers! Hey remember those changes mid-2.7 when Inferno came off the GCD and had its damage doubled, and Cinderburst stopped triggering GCDs? I guess you think those were PvE changes asked for by hardcore raiders, too, right?

Except oh wait, no they weren't.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 08-17-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by digital shaman View Post
    You can't "test" pvp by yourself, and PTS is a ghost town every time I've been. The blame isn't entirely upon the devs.
    I used a guildy as a PvP test dummy, and at the time the numbers seemed reasonable, but I'm pretty sure that was prior to the last round of uptweaks.

Definitely didn't see anything 10k+, and she was missing out on a valor item or two(so the numbers should have been even higher)

I don't really gear for CP in my PvP set though, but what I saw damage wise on pts wasn't really "omg pyro breaking the game nerf nao" worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    I used a guildy as a PvP test dummy, and at the time the numbers seemed reasonable, but I'm pretty sure that was prior to the last round of uptweaks.

Definitely didn't see anything 10k+, and she was missing out on a valor item or two(so the numbers should have been even higher)

I don't really gear for CP in my PvP set though, but what I saw damage wise on pts wasn't really "omg pyro breaking the game nerf nao" worthy.
    With 1100 cp you are missing out on roughly 40% more damage on your crits.

So someone with say 100 cp hitting for 8k crits vs someone with 1100 cp hitting for 11,000.

or 100 cp 3500 fireball crits vs 1100 cp 4800 fireball crits.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveEQ View Post
    With 1100 cp you are missing out on roughly 40% more damage on your crits.

So someone with say 100 cp hitting for 8k crits vs someone with 1100 cp hitting for 11,000.

or 100 cp 3500 fireball crits vs 1100 cp 4800 fireball crits.
    That's the thing though, I was dealing about 18% extra damage due to the missing valor items, so the 8k crit would have only come out to 9400 with max CP.

And the difference between min and max CP is 33% damage, not 40

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13