+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: The new Pyro

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by sicklemehellmo View Post
    my mage still dies just as fast as before, cept now im takin someone with me
    right, lol good bye to warrior and rogues farming pyros in wf not anymore now they can kill you but you can take one of the with you hahaah

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Yea because the devs really make decisions based on pvp and good pvpers at that.
    I like how people still parrot this after the SC and Pyro changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I like how people still parrot this after the SC and Pyro changes.
    seriously? do you play the same game as me? yea they make some pvp changes here and there but how many times have they destroyed pvp builds or pvp meta because of pve?

they have a history of using a hammer when they need a scalpel pretty much since the beginning of rift

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Do you have healers? Yep. Dps? Yep? Tank hybrids with MIT and HP that allows a troll like you to claim the term glass cannon has validity?

Do you even Rift.....

(See I can be condescending too)
    Tank hybrids?
    You mean those who you /mark and ignore, or maybe you're talking about CQ?

Hint: Trion has killed PvP tanks with removal of Soldier soul, VK and Reaver revamps made during SL release.
    Last edited by Morwath; 08-11-2014 at 03:10 PM.

seriously? do you play the same game as me? yea they make some pvp changes here and there but how many times have they destroyed pvp builds or pvp meta because of pve?

they have a history of using a hammer when they need a scalpel pretty much since the beginning of rift
    Yeah you're right, that oGCD Cinder Burst / Inferno band-aid a couple months ago despite an imminent complete rework of the soul, which is now OP in PvP, is all totally an accident. They were trying to ignore and persecute PvPers and just mucked it up!

Yeah you're right, that oGCD Cinder Burst / Inferno band-aid a couple months ago despite an imminent complete rework of the soul, which is now OP in PvP, is all totally an accident. They were trying to ignore and persecute PvPers and just mucked it up!
    what are you even saying? they made pyro for pvp not pve?

How about WE
    Or vk/rb or the whole temp soul
    or physician
    or MM when SL first hit
    tempagon
    then tempest getting nerfed to nothing

i mean i could write i book
    Last edited by dday; 08-11-2014 at 03:35 PM.

i will admit they are getting better and are starting to listen but sorry their history is patchy at best

what are you even saying? they made pyro for pvp not pve?
    Pre-2.8 Pyro was the way it was 100% because they listened to PvPers, repeatedly, including ones that spent considerable effort talking themselves up on the forums. Everything channeled on the move or instant, Extinguish Fireballs, blah blah blah. You think those were all designed for PvE? Give me a break. Not to mention the SC changes, and let's not even talk about Dominator.

Pyro before was in such a sorry state to begin with because Kervik acquiesced to the complaining of PvPers. Pyro now is as good as it is solely because Kervik patently ignored the complaining of PvPers in the lead-up to its release.

Plane Touched

Pre-2.8 Pyro was the way it was 100% because they listened to PvPers, repeatedly, including ones that spent considerable effort talking themselves up on the forums. Everything channeled on the move or instant, Extinguish Fireballs, blah blah blah. You think those were all designed for PvE? Give me a break. Not to mention the SC changes, and let's not even talk about Dominator.

Pyro before was in such a sorry state to begin with because Kervik acquiesced to the complaining of PvPers. Pyro now is as good as it is solely because Kervik patently ignored the complaining of PvPers in the lead-up to its release.
    Want to come on vent and read me twilight later?

I heard giving a **** about anything anyone say on the forums except for e-dating and cat fishing gives you aids. Just stop.

again i dont see your point, if you had to choose between pyro pre 1.8 and pyro now and remove damage from the equation you would take pre 2.8 all day because mobility and cc are king in pvp and mobility is still king in pve. the reason why its so loved right now is because it hits train. idk about you but i wish i still had some of my tool pre 2.8 though i like this pyro better simply because it blows people up better and you dont have to deal with combust.

again like i said it was a pve change that made pyro like this and it will be either a pve nerf that will leave it good in pvp or a pvp specific nerf because the devs listen to bads and they'll kill the soul

Heavy hitters are all channeled, and easily interruptible

Quote Originally Posted by JudeFromKale View Post

I heard giving a **** about anything anyone say on the forums except for e-dating and cat fishing gives you aids. Just stop.
    LOL oh i hate you so much right now

again i dont see your point, if you had to choose between pyro pre 1.8 and pyro now and remove damage from the equation you would take pre 2.8 all day because mobility and cc are king in pvp and mobility is still king in pve. the reason why its so loved right now is because it hits train. idk about you but i wish i still had some of my tool pre 2.8 though i like this pyro better simply because it blows people up better and you dont have to deal with combust.
    I can't even think of a response to this. "Let's remove damage from the equation" yeah okay, this conversation is going places.

I understand the desire to blindly hate on the developers because PvP in Rift is a mostly awful experience, but at least hate them for the right reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Tank hybrids?
    You mean those who you /mark and ignore, or maybe you're talking about CQ?

Hint: Trion has killed PvP tanks with removal of Soldier soul, VK and Reaver revamps made during SL release.
    Maybe in WF...in CQ tank hybrids pushing the line to yank healers and such into your raid to be destroyed is pretty standard. PvP is about more that yellow and green numbers so yeah.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by JudeFromKale View Post

Bully!!!! But in all fairness he couldn't read that to you anyway. He is still working on his autographed copy of The Notebook.

JK, Lanto
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Soulwalker

Default Burning Intellect

Pyro here....my only non-armor/weapon buff, burning intellect, is gone.
    I mostly play in my dims, so I don't want to be all dramatic about how much it annoys me, but it does quite a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast