+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: The new Pyro

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    i don't think this is a good idea. no one would play melee.
    So bring everyone up to the levels of Assassin/Warlords? Reduce the dps of Pyro to 95% of Sin (you know, the whole PVE melee > range by 5% philosophy), fully mobile, with similar self-sustain, defensive CDs and buff Cloth up to the level of Chain/Leather? Or perhaps a Warlord variant?

No really, so what are people considering to be the solution to all this? Reduce the range of pyro to 20m so that it fits the range of Paragon/NB?
    Last edited by Xallista; 08-11-2014 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    No really, so what are people considering to be the solution to all this?
    there has to be some kind of risk that comes with that kind of dps from range, and at the moment if you can flicker out of the first root/debil and ride the wind out of the other, then stun, root, or rift tomb your opponent, there isn't really a whole lot of risk.

not saying some melee isnt the same though.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Prophet of Telara

Removes the bonus break frees and it will be high risk again.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Plane Touched

i don't think this is a good idea. no one would play melee.
    Horrible idea - but it would be pretty funny.

Plane Touched

there has to be some kind of risk that comes with that kind of dps from range, and at the moment if you can flicker out of the first root/debil and ride the wind out of the other, then stun, root, or rift tomb your opponent, there isn't really a whole lot of risk.

not saying some melee isnt the same though.
    Point being that you have to fix both at once.

Unfortunately, the Warlord changes were reverted in favor of the major changes/revamp that Vladd intends to give to several warrior souls at once, so we won't see the changes happening for awhile.

Sins got a recent minor buff to their damage as well, poison procs being a big part of their disconnect ability in PVE means it likely won't see much changes for PVP balance (lol no-penalty ranged poison procs + 30m 8s cd charge).

Prophet of Telara

As a healer, mages are a threat now. Which is good, all classes should be seen as a threat. Before this buff I really didnt worry about mages attacking me, except for doms. Now I treat mages the same as a warrior or rogue attacking me.

The only thing I hate is the passive mana drain from rogues, that is the only thing I really cant counter.

Now all we need is to get clerics to be a threat in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    As a healer, mages are a threat now. Which is good, all classes should be seen as a threat. Before this buff I really didnt worry about mages attacking me, except for doms. Now I treat mages the same as a warrior or rogue attacking me.

The only thing I hate is the passive mana drain from rogues, that is the only thing I really cant counter.

Now all we need is to get clerics to be a threat in pvp.
    Since a healer can hurt NO ONE I have always felt the most feared person on the battle field should be the healer. They should be the FIRST target. The dps should say "CRAP take out the healers first." As Pyro stands at this movement they can ignore the healer...take out the most dangerous dps then deal with the healer at their leisure. Trust me it is that bad.

I am considered a good healer. Physician, Sent, Defiler it doesn't matter (I PvP all three regularly) since Pyro went live I feel like I am a speed bump, that's it. In an FPS that is normal, in a game based on the Trinity there is a problem.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Since a healer can hurt NO ONE I have always felt the most feared person on the battle field should be the healer. They should be the FIRST target. The dps should say "CRAP take out the healers first." As Pyro stands at this movement they can ignore the healer...take out the most dangerous dps then deal with the healer at their leisure. Trust me it is that bad.

I am considered a good healer. Physician, Sent, Defiler it doesn't matter (I PvP all three regularly) since Pyro went live I feel like I am a speed bump, that's it. In an FPS that is normal, in a game based on the Trinity there is a problem.
    There is no 'trinity' in PvP you bad troll.

Champion

It's completely situational, when deciding which opponent to focus on.

You can hurt (or tickle) people. They just have to be pre-hurt quite a bit from another source, if you're going to get a KB. ;)

I am considered a good healer.
    What are your in-game names?

since Pyro went live I feel like I am a speed bump, that's it.
    I definitely notice a difference from pyros, but if you've dealt with the bursting from other souls in the recent past, this doesn't really seem much different. It's simply forcing people to be more aware of the mage class.

How are physicians having problems with any dps? What spec do you play?

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    How are physicians having problems with any dps? What spec do you play?
    Hes probably ST healing with AT.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    It's not even that I have enough health to live through even 35k burst in my physician spec with freelancer gear and bolstered core.

54 physician 10rs 12 bard

And I have 33k health in my other spec in which I crit heals over 10k

51 physician 25 bard

Well since you and dday care more about ad hominems and "no you're wrong...waaahhhh" QQ and less about answering the actual questions asked with....hmmmm facts and stuff...not really any sense responding beyond...in 2, 3 weeks tops the nerf patch will be inc. It will be bigger, much bigger than what I propose here and y'all are avoiding and I will laugh.

Ciao.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

There is no 'trinity' in PvP you bad troll.
    Do you have healers? Yep. Dps? Yep? Tank hybrids with MIT and HP that allows a troll like you to claim the term glass cannon has validity?

Do you even Rift.....

(See I can be condescending too)
    Last edited by Galibier; 08-11-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Well since you and dday care more about ad hominems and "no you're wrong...waaahhhh" QQ and less about answering the actual questions asked with....hmmmm facts and stuff...not really any sense responding beyond...in 2, 3 weeks tops the nerf patch will be inc. It will be bigger, much bigger than what I propose here and y'all are avoiding and I will laugh.

Ciao.
    Yea because the devs really make decisions based on pvp and good pvpers at that. I barely play pyro but unlike you I like balance and over nerfing pyro is terrible for the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast