Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: nerf pyro

Default nerf pyro

jk my mage almost 60. pyro op inc

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    jk my mage almost 60. pyro op inc
    I just got hit for 5k at level 57 lol

my mage that is over 1k SP/vengeance behind a max geared mage, and bad crit power, was critting 5k fireballs on max geared players, new pyro is so strong -_- luckily it's atleast somewhat challenging to play so most people will be bad at it outside of the cooldowns.

Fusillade needs a whack from the nerf bat.
    Chebeck@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Chebeck View Post
    Fusillade needs a whack from the nerf bat.
    it's interruptable

Plane Touched

Well, the dmg is pretty badass. But if a WL wants to be an *** and tunnel you they can prevent most of your dmg while pwning you, paragon too (I guess any dps that has short cd interrupt and charge). That's fine though, pyro damage needs to be counterable if it's gonna be high.
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

Default <3

I hope pyro is better so it gives more to kill and more of a challenge.
    Last edited by Xgame; 08-06-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowburn View Post
    Well, the dmg is pretty badass. But if a WL wants to be an *** and tunnel you they can prevent most of your dmg while pwning you, paragon too (I guess any dps that has short cd interrupt and charge). That's fine though, pyro damage needs to be counterable if it's gonna be high.
    I think its pretty balanced too, free cast you reign fire from hell itself but with a player in your grill or having to move its not as strong. still have a decent amount of cds though for mobility.

some things might hit a little too hard but we'll see.

pyro is brutal in 50s even as a level 50 basically permanent up time on ic
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 08-06-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    yea im confused too, isnt that the point? to not have to manage IC that much just hit it every six casts? i just made a karuulalert to alert me when its not active and use it then.
    I didn't read any if the changes just logged in and played its easier than before and just as mobile. all I read was qq about how it was going to be a turret

I like it a lot more than the old 61 Pyro. It rewards good positioning, you can't just be a bunny-hopping idiot. It's not a 2min CD hero, with really high sustained DPS if allowed to free cast and multiple good burst options on 15s, 30s, and 1 min timers. It's easily countered with cleanses, melee pressure / interrupts, and LOSing, but that's really how it ought to be. Basically all the design goals of the revamp were achieved pretty well, and while it's a totally faceroll spec in PvE, the skill cap is higher than I expected for PvP.

But what am I saying? I've read 3000 times on these forums over the past month that Mages now have no ST DPS options in PvP, and the forums never lie.

I didn't read any if the changes just logged in and played its easier than before and just as mobile. all I read was qq about how it was going to be a turret
    You could play it to full efficiency almost fully mobile before. Now there's actually consequences to blowing all your mobility spells with frivolous movement.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 08-06-2014 at 06:57 PM.

i disagree about it being easier, its not hard but with cc and in a movement heavy fight its going to suffer. its no where near as mobile either but when it sits still its much more powerful then previously

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    i disagree about it being easier, its not hard but with cc and in a movement heavy fight its going to suffer. its no where near as mobile either but when it sits still its much more powerful then previously
    it's easier because he's playing it wrong probably

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    im probably playing it wrong too lol. i just logged in tonight to try it for a few wfs. i like how hard it hits, reminds me of the old pre sl days. be cool if people can figure out some hybrids too, im sure ill try this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    nothing is hard about it with ka

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast