+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Instant purges and cleanses will show in the combat log as [person] casts [spell]

Champion of Telara

Default Instant purges and cleanses will show in the combat log as [person] casts [spell]

* Purgeable buffs now show up with a blue border.

Trion is in PvP, holding your hand.

Prophet of Telara

Doesnt affect those who already used Kalert etc, it will only help bad players who dont use addons.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Champion of Telara

The biggest difference it will make is to make players butthurt and rage target the player they see purging int heir logs. This is going to make trolling people with Cabalist even more fun (6 Group purges in 10 seconds FTW!)

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Doesnt affect those who already used Kalert etc, it will only help bad players who dont use addons.
    Because being a good player means needing to have a giant flashing icon in your face to realize a buff was purged, not notice your combat changed (lack of procs), damage went down (major dps buffs) or the fact that you should be keeping tabs on your buffs in the corner and should notice when the key ones are gone.

Add-ons are what make this game ridiculously easy. I mean, I even saw one once that displays a GIANT CASTING BAR in the middle of your screen when your target is casting. I don't need that, nor will I ever need it to stop a cast I want to stop and have targetted. It's just funny, other people calling people bad when they are using add-ons that basically scream out "hey, I'm average to sub-par because I need giant flashing icons and junk in my face to be aware of my situation at hand". I use CQ tracker and a parse add-on. The rest is just needless clutter that tries to make me aware of what takes little capability to be aware of in the first place.

Although some of it is just preference. I don't know how people tolerate the numbers on 100% display, I can never get a food feel for how my target is. But maybe I am just used to junk like mortal komat/street fighter where you sorta gauge everything by the green bar and what takes it down what amounts. I hover over if I want to know, but to need to know? Nah. Usually the second I start laying into someone I can tell about how much HP they have because I am semi aware of the rate at which variety of HP pools go down when I do my damage against them. Even without knowing, it merely takes a swing or two (this is is I am not even looking at my enemies buffs, which are often the biggest indicator of what you are going up against) to realize if I am fighting something 20 - 30k hp, 30 - 40k hp hybrid, or some tank rocking 45 - 60k junk.

Just don't, you got dun got me started. I don't think this change is needed, it just makes things a bit more easier. But the last person to belittle even a vague unknown entity for being bad is someone who stacks their toon with these add-ons that make the game easier than it should be. This game does not require any add-ons really to perform at a high level. I prefer to stay away from them because it will only dumb me down if I constantly have something basically yelling at me, and flashing giant icons in my face when something is purged. That will forever keep me dumbed down and take away my ability to hone my reaction speed and situational awareness of personal buffs. Not everything in this game is made that easier, and I don't intend or plan to begin dumbing myself down anytime soon with the addons. There are some good ones out there that probably just promote QoL that I could make good use of. But I watched someone play in person who used a plethora of addons. I was floored at how easy some people can make this game and yet still be quasi.

The point is, stay away from most addons, in the long run, they will just dumb down your game play. In the grand scheme of things, MMO's have even dumbed down my gameplay. I can't play FPS for crap anymore because they feel so fast and I actually have to be coordinated, aim, and do things that take more skill. Yet I can take a hiatus from MMO's, and come back and it's like nothing changed (parse just as good or better). Hmm, so I take a break from one game and I get worse at the other dramatically. Then take a break from another game, and remain capably the same despite the break. That speaks volumes to anyone who can conceptualize it all.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Holy crap Dak... 5 paragraph reply to a single sentence. Wordy *** mofo.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I didn't read all of that but I'm assuming the cliff notes would be, "I'm better than you because when I played EQ2...."

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    We could look at this other way: It doesnt affect those bads who HAD to use addons to track their buffs... It's just matter how you look at it.

E.g. I've reinstalled my Rift few days ago and forgot to reinstall Kalert... and honestly I don't have any drop in performance, since my eye is tracking all the buffs/debuffs most of the time... and I've alot to track while running Defiler...

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    I didn't read all of that but I'm assuming the cliff notes would be, "I'm better than you because when I played EQ2...."
    And quake. Excelling in quake death match forced a player to gain reflects that any rift pvpers simply wouldn't have. Any player from quake days fought with real skill, and would use those inhuman heightened reflexes to quickly spot the appropriate buff within the rows of other buffs and quickly hit the right key to purge it/cleanse and quickly swap back to previous target all without the handicapped mmo mice of today, but rather with the ridiculous keybinds that demand the dexterity of 20million cats combined with the pumped finger muscles of a rift pvp objective clicker.

I should really type more stuff here. But I'm already bored. I think I require the plethora of strange mental pills Dakotta is on to overly focus on writting a bloated essay.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 08-06-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Dak-0
    rift community-1

10 plat if anyone finds a post from dakotta with less then 2 paragraphs
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

I speak the truth in the most brutal ways. And at least spell my name right.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Dak-0
    rift community-1
    There is no scoreboard. If anything I just destroyed this community and anyone who uses addons in inadvertently. This is nothing new, people get furious at people who are better players than them. It's no surprise the people who have the most angst towards me are people I can take a virtual dump on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    I forgot, too long of posts these days are considered posts that have a higher word count than the first page of a 4th grade level novel. Which like everything else I said in my longer post...is true. Find a 4th grade level reading novel, do a word count, and compare it to one of my posts. Most of my posts are no longer than the average first 1 or 2 pages of a 4th grade level reading book. All I see people saying is I am too lazy to read. Welcome to the new generation. You know you are doing it right when you post you opinion and everyone simply has hate, and not an ounce or refutable knowledge that could be debated or counter what I said in a logical manner. When you have to reach for nothing but insults.....you know who the winner is. So far I see a few who reached for mere insults instead of even attempting to counter what I said. So I'll just assume there is no counter because it was right, ruffled some feathers, and the insulting came back.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-06-2014 at 07:42 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    You would actually be surprised how far some of my writings have gone in the IRL sense. It is definitely one of my talents, just not proof reading or grammar - this is sort of like my practice/stomping grounds for writing. I speak until everything I feel needs to be said has been said. I can't just leave things unsaid when they are crucial to the picture I am painting. Call me Bob Ross, I do it with a passion. But if you ever think I'll stop dropping knowledge off the smallest notion of a sentence, it'll happen over my dead body. Too many things need to be said on this forum.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-06-2014 at 07:46 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

He's like Cliff Claven from the tv show cheers , I still love him though

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    * Purgeable buffs now show up with a blue border.

Trion is in PvP, holding your hand.

You win the award for most threads started over the past 3 days, grats!
    Last edited by DrkC; 08-06-2014 at 07:48 AM.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4861228

10p please

@ Otts now you're just being mean here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast