Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DisneyShadow
  • 1 Post By Repster
  • 1 Post By Aveleys
  • 1 Post By Lords0fpain

Thread: New PvP Tank Trinket?

Plane Touched

Default New PvP Tank Trinket?

Recently in QC I saw that someone had a Myrmydon's Shielding Apparatus trinket. When I've looked it up on Rifthead and Magelo, the best I can find is that it is upgraded from the Warlord's Shielding Apparatus.

I can't figure out where to get the Warlord's Shielding Apparatus.

Any pointers?

Thanks!

Ascendant

PvP Lockbox.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyShadow View Post
    Recently in QC I saw that someone had a Myrmydon's Shielding Apparatus trinket. When I've looked it up on Rifthead and Magelo, the best I can find is that it is upgraded from the Warlord's Shielding Apparatus.

I can't figure out where to get the Warlord's Shielding Apparatus.

Any pointers?

Thanks!
    Depleted Supply Crates drops the warlord version (RNG) which is upgradable to the Myrmidon version using 3 Myrmidon Empowered Cells. The Myrmidon version is a minimal upgrade however.
    Last edited by tdain; 08-05-2014 at 12:45 PM.

But not pay to win.

BiS PvP gear is now a lottery, just hope you are lucky. Earning in it a competative environment is so..., old school...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    BiS PvP gear is now a lottery, just hope you are lucky. Earning in it a competative environment is so..., old school...
    earning it all, really.

Meh, don't think any of the CQ box trinkets are worth putting on over the CQ ones except maybe the shielding one in intended small scale situations. I wish they all were, the stats are already at a major lower disparity. Just don't see what is wrong with those procs being the best PvP ones all around. You should really get something out of wearing something with highly inferior stats and that is arguably harder to obtain (it is not promised).

That's my rant on PvP trinkets for the day. Still floors me, the source they come from, their availability verses their challenger, and the performance they carry with them after actually being worth a damn in game for about 1 - 2 weeks. So glad I got to use one of them (a dps proc) when it truly was worth wearing over the CQ one in some situations. Now even the healing one is a clear choice because the stats, including the END, blow the others away - while the proc is nerfed probably reducing it to the CQ ones level or worse.

Eq2 had a cool feature and I wish this game would work on it. It had a simple checkbox you could hit to see PvP values. So for your players abilities and gear with procs/any stats that may get altered, it showed the difference. So you could literally view the tooltips walking into a PvP setting and see the true power of them. For all 3 years it has been going by gut instinct and winging it mentally the best you can, Cool feature aside, please bring back our boxed trinkets and make their procs, without question, superior to the CQ ones.

As far as OP goes. If you get that trinket, you can be a 1 v 1 champion. I love it when you duel someone with the proc, they use it, use a warrior hybrid with like 57k hp against a 61pt glass cannon rogue, pop a huge heal, and win the fight with 25% or less hp. And they have the audacity because you used 1 of your like 493 heal pots and got 2 ticks off it. People these days lol.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shield of Telara

Yea I got that guy shard first on deepwood with one of my first PvP crates. Weeks later and ya still don't see too many around.

It's pretty good I have to say, and really short cd means you get to use it nearly every fight.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    But not pay to win.
    When it comes to Trinkets It's not, because it's not even close to BIS.

First Maelforge T3 was already killed and this is what you will see some day on PvPers who do end game PvE.

http://i.imgur.com/DyHWbLT.png
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    some day on PvPers who do end game PvE.

like no one will get those..... in fact the real argument should be the same pay2skipcontentotherpeopleworkhardforandaremoredes ervingofsopitsprettymuchp2w rng boxes should be available to pve, and I should get to buy those from rng boxes.

That would be a fun thread over in dungeons forum.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 08-05-2014 at 06:40 PM.

When it comes to Trinkets It's not, because it's not even close to BIS.

First Maelforge T3 was already killed and this is what you will see some day on PvPers who do end game PvE.

And by some day you mean not for a long *** ****ing time. The people in Trinity that have 2-3 scrolls don't even PVP. Not sure how Vendetta is but not many of their core PVP and even if they do, it's so infrequent that it doesn't really count.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    And by some day you mean not for a long *** ****ing time. The people in Trinity that have 2-3 scrolls don't even PVP. Not sure how Vendetta is but not many of their core PVP and even if they do, it's so infrequent that it doesn't really count.
    You can't just say "it will take long time for sure" because It's all RNG, they can get all 4 scroll in 1 reset if they get lucky. Speculation can work both ways. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

You can't just say "it will take long time for sure" because It's all RNG, they can get all 4 scroll in 1 reset if they get lucky. Speculation can work both ways. ;)
    I can say it will take a long time because IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME.

+ Reply to Thread