+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Even when you are on their side, premades can make Warfronts terrible

Champion of Telara

Default Even when you are on their side, premades can make Warfronts terrible

I was in a Library with some members of a leet PvP guild today who spent the entire WF screaming and cursing in chat for people to pick up runes, calling them bad and so forth. I happened to pick up a stone and ran directly to their group and healer; no heals, nothing. I didn't bother after that, I just went on and had my own fun and got half my team's carrier kills.

At the end of the match I looked and their healer and DPSs were by far the top heals received in the whole Warfront. It wasn't even close. Everyone else had splash healing from a Bard, or self heals and negative KB-Death ratios. Our side lost, predictably.

It's all because of pm if team wins. It's pug's fault if not.

Plane Touched

PM on your team doesn't mean they're in charge, it just means PM on your team. So, you went and did your own thing. What's "terrible" about that?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    I was in a Library with some members of a leet PvP guild today who spent the entire WF screaming and cursing in chat for people to pick up runes, calling them bad and so forth. I happened to pick up a stone and ran directly to their group and healer; no heals, nothing. I didn't bother after that, I just went on and had my own fun and got half my team's carrier kills.

At the end of the match I looked and their healer and DPSs were by far the top heals received in the whole Warfront. It wasn't even close. Everyone else had splash healing from a Bard, or self heals and negative KB-Death ratios. Our side lost, predictably.
    Maybe the other side had a leeter PvP guild. ;)

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lothi View Post
    PM on your team doesn't mean they're in charge, it just means PM on your team. So, you went and did your own thing. What's "terrible" about that?
    They are the equivalent of a farting anus poofing its way across the map, whether or not the anus is helpful is immaterial because it's still an anus.

make this more exciting: which guild was it?

They are the equivalent of a farting anus poofing its way across the map, whether or not the anus is helpful is immaterial because it's still an anus.
    Unless you're a jellyfish and have no anus, which means you can't fart.

Pre-mades are so good they play bad....

Did I read that a premade in essence said "It's not my job to win the game."?

Then get out of here lol. Yes, it is your job to win the game. Otherwise you are deadweight. If you aren't going to pick up runes, dominate the areas where the enemy can pick them up - so they cant - and decimate the enemies who managed to picked one up, so you can immediately halt their point gain. You can be an asset and viable player that promotes the win without acutely picking the rune up.

Why did I even have to type any of that?
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-05-2014 at 11:38 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The reason why War Fronts are so frustrating is because of Trion's poor matchmaking. It's like they intentionally stack one side so the other side has no chance. How many games do you play that are actually neck-to-neck or were even remotely close? Those games are really rare and its kinda shameful because those games are usually the funnest.
    The "D" in Djent is silent.
    Djent

Quote Originally Posted by BeatrixCid View Post
    The reason why War Fronts are so frustrating is because of Trion's poor matchmaking. It's like they intentionally stack one side so the other side has no chance. How many games do you play that are actually neck-to-neck or were even remotely close? Those games are really rare and its kinda shameful because those games are usually the funnest.
    Yep, lost a port the other day by one point. It was great up until the end, wish more games were like that.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

What you are describing has nothing to do with premades in general, just that group of players. Some folks are rude, others are cliquey. But it isn't particularly relevant to premades.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    What you are describing has nothing to do with premades in general, just that group of players. Some folks are rude, others are cliquey. But it isn't particularly relevant to premades.
    TBH most premades I'm either with or run up against in wf's barely say anything in chat. I find they do more taunting with /yell or /say than they do berate their own team.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DrkC View Post
    TBH most premades I'm either with or run up against in wf's barely say anything in chat. I find they do more taunting with /yell or /say than they do berate their own team.
    I feel like I die much more frequently when trying to type anything, so they yellers are probably good people to target. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by DrkC View Post
    which is one reason why I have a separate tab for yell and say, which isn't visible when I'm in a warfront.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    which is one reason why I have a separate tab for yell and say, which isn't visible when I'm in a warfront.
    Yea it doesn't really bother me so I leave it. Some of it is amusing, like the guys who claim you've been "terminated" or whatever, then end up getting owned, then send you private tells then ignore you before you can respond with logic. That **** is half the reason I pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast