+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Escadora
  • 1 Post By Lothi

Thread: And they said WPvP was dead...

Default And they said WPvP was dead...

PvP is Awesome, and Its such a treasure to find Players who feel the same, rather than complain and wish for opinionated fantasy of how they think(over all) the Game should flow or be constructed.

WFs are Cool, but when a player gathers 15-20 pvp'ers to clash with another 15-20 in open world its Epic. I swear this is an amazing experience, I've already been in 5 open world Wars this past month with more to arise, and its a head scratcher because of wpvp complaints from some/other players.. Like the way they complain and how much they do it, it scares Me to see the Day their whining come to pass. But its all happening, and I'm going to continue to enjoy it while its heated and Looming.

I hope that all the guilds, players, crews or what have you, keep coming out to score and have fun along with "friendly" trash talk(nothing derogatory), challenges etc. making it interesting and worth the wild.

The PvP community does have a voice, I've taken note of it, and i appreciate the Devs for the support they do grant us with, I mean you cant please everyone.

I salute those guys who Invite Me to these events/happenings, and i cherish it because most pvp'ers dont know what they want out of the game (stemming from complaints/statements) off of what I've gathered.

Clutch game play will make you smile, but you must work for it.
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Plane Touched

World PvP is not about cuddling with your enemies. It is about griefing them, denying them opportunity, quests, and loot, making them feel miserable by completely destroying their will to fight back. Fun is mutually exclusive, there are plenty of disappointments, and the possibility to lose is what makes WPvP great. Unfortunately RIFT doesn't offer that to us. Aside from Conquest chest, there is nothing much to lose in PvP.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lothi View Post
    World PvP is not about cuddling with your enemies. It is about griefing them, denying them opportunity, quests, and loot, making them feel miserable by completely destroying their will to fight back. Fun is mutually exclusive, there are plenty of disappointments, and the possibility to lose is what makes WPvP great. Unfortunately RIFT doesn't offer that to us. Aside from Conquest chest, there is nothing much to lose in PvP.
    This isn't a hardcore MMO. You can shard hop to avoid being griefed, and therefore it is impossible to control enemy access to content. I loved old school free-for-all PvP on the EQ Zek servers and in Vanguard, but with fully instanced dungeons/raids there's no meaningful content worth fighting over.

There are several private EverQuest TZ and VZ servers out there. Maybe that's a better place for someone of your persuasion.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    This isn't a hardcore MMO. You can shard hop to avoid being griefed, and therefore it is impossible to control enemy access to content. I loved old school free-for-all PvP on the EQ Zek servers and in Vanguard, but with fully instanced dungeons/raids there's no meaningful content worth fighting over.

There are several private EverQuest TZ and VZ servers out there. Maybe that's a better place for someone of your persuasion.
    Never played EQ, so learning curve and catch-up is a concern for me. I was thinking about game like DayZ to start on somewhat equal footing.

Telaran

There is much simplier solution to "world pvp problem" as everyone keep calling it. World pvp is "dead" because, face the bitter truth - guards are completely and totaly anihilated. First it was on Cloudborn and Sagespire R.I.P., and now on Bloodiron. Damn i already forgot when was the last time i actualy died on any map, or was able to finish Disturbing guard operations daily quest in <insert map name here>.

So what i'm going to do is to take mah dear Visa, buy those 3k credits and switch side to guards. TADAAAAAAA! Lack of players to kill problem solved considering 9 of 10 i will see on any map will be soon to be ***** and sent to resp fat and lazy defiant.

Must've been someone who've met My Blades, Icy Death and Twinkle...
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

+ Reply to Thread